Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Success Manifesto: A Simple Plan For Self-improvement - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Success Manifesto: A Simple Plan For Self-improvement (358 Views)

What's Your Plan For The Independence Day? / Ekiti 2018: Ojudu Releases People-driven Manifesto / Amazing 10 Self Improvement Motivation Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Success Manifesto: A Simple Plan For Self-improvement by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Success literally means different things to different people… Everyone wishes to succeed but not everybody can. There is a huge problem in the approach most people take in their pursuit of success. Success is simply an art; and to master any kind of art- one must learn how to.

Some weeks ago I was searching for the laws of success online and I found a book, titled The Success Manifesto: 200 Powerful Ideas for an Extraordinary Life, then I downloaded it, I’ve read it over and over.

This book contains a wealth of wisdom known by just few successful people in our society. The ideas in “The Success Manifesto” are not only realistic but also intriguing and simple.

The book is a simple plan for self-improvement that can help people become better off in different areas of their lives. With this book, self-improvement of any kind can be as easy as spelling your name.

You can download the book here ( https:///4I3VHC ) and please help me share this post with your friends —

Source: https://sproutby.com/the-success-manifesto-a-simple-plan-for-self-improvement/

But before you download it, let me show you my best 10 self-improvement ideas from The Success Manifesto that I think you would resonate with:

1. Set aside one hour every morning for personal development matters. Meditate, visualize your day, read inspirational texts to set the tone of your day, listen to motivational tapes or read great literature. Take this quiet period to vitalize and energize your spirit for the productive day ahead. Watch the sun rise once a week or be with nature. Starting the day off well is a powerful strategy for self-renewal and personal effectiveness.

2. Do not allow those things that matter the most in your life be at the mercy of activities that matter the least. Every day, take the time to ask yourself the question “is this the best use of my time and energy?” Time management is life management so guard your time with great care.

3. Always remember the key principle that the quality of your life is the quality of your communication. This means the way you communicate with others and, more importantly, the way you communicate with yourself. What you focus on is what you get. If you look for the positive this is what you get. This is a fundamental law of Nature.

4. Set aside every Sunday evening for yourself and be strongly disciplined with this habit. Use this period to plan your week, visualize your encounters and what you want to achieve, to read new materials and inspirational books, to listen to soft soothing music and to simply relax. This habit will serve as your anchor to keep you focused, motivated and effective throughout the coming week.

5. Become a highly disciplined time manager. There are roughly 168 hours in a week. This surely allows plenty of time for achievement of the many goals we desire to accomplish. Be ruthless with your time. Set aside a few minutes each morning to plan your day. Plan around your priorities and focus on not only those tasks which are immediate but not important (i.e., many telephone calls) but especially on those which are important but not urgent, for these allow for the greatest personal and professional development. Important but not immediate activities are those which produce long-term, sustainable benefits and include exercise, strategic planning, the development of relationships and professional education. Never let the things which matter most be placed in the backseat as compared to those that matter least.

6. You must have a personal philosophy in life. This is simply a set of guiding principles which clearly state where you are going and where you want to be at the end of your life. A mission statement embodies your values. It is your personal lighthouse keeping you steadily on the course of your dreams. Over a period of one month, set a few hours aside to write down five or ten principles which will govern your life and which will keep you focused at all times. Examples might be to consistently serve others, to be a considerate citizen, to become highly wealthy or to serve as a powerful leader. Whatever the mission statement of your life, refine it and review it regularly. Then when something adverse happens or someone tries to pull you off course, you quickly and precisely return to your chosen path with the full knowledge that you are moving in the direction that you have selected.

7. Be soft as a flower when it comes to kindness but tough as thunder when it comes to principle. Be courteous and polite at all times but never be pushed around. Ensure that you are always treated with respect.

8. Maintain a journal to measure your progress and to express your thoughts. Writing out not only your successes but your troubles is one of the world’s most effective methods of erasing the worry habit, staying in optimum state and developing precision of thought. Your life is worth living so your life is worth recording.

9. Try fasting one day every two weeks. During these fast days, drink fruit juice and eat fresh fruits only. You will feel more energetic, cleansed and alert. Fasting also has a salutary effect on your will-power as you are subverting the otherwise pressing impulses in your mind calling on you to eat more. And it will give your digestive system a much-needed break.

10. Empty your cup. A full cup cannot accept anything more. Similarly, a person who believes that he cannot learn anything else will stagnate quickly and not move to higher levels. A true sign of a secure, mature individual is someone who sees every opportunity as a chance to learn. Even the teachers have teachers.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Withdraws Dreaded VIO From Lagos Roads / Nigeria Government Sets To Borrow $3.5bn Foreign Loans To Fund Budget / The World Is Changing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.