Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,037 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide - Education (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide (422828 Views)

2019/2020 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread!!! / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / 2017/2018 Uniben Utme Aspirant Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Hmm, there might be an issue. I ain't really about people using two names. Try and go get cleared first.

Also, I hope those with 3 names, jamb and uniben files, hope their names are corresponding to eachother?
ehn!
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Hmm, there might be an issue. I ain't really about people using two names. Try and go get cleared first.

Also, I hope those with 3 names, jamb and uniben files, hope their names are corresponding to eachother?

Yes. They correspond both in First name and Surname. The issue was that I included a middle name I normally use(But never written on my certificates) while creating a JAMB profile.

However. I'm planning to do an Affidavit for Discrepancy of names.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
Icosahedron:

Yes. They correspond both in First name and Surname. The issue was that I included a middle name I normally use(But never written on my certificates) while creating a JAMB profile.

Funny enough my Sis is also having this same 2 names ish, though not in uniben. I really hope you don't get stressed for this. When are you going for clearance?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Heywhizzy(m): 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
Icosahedron:

Do that asap
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
Edopesin:

ehn!
Any shiit?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Funny enough my Sis is also having this same 2 names ish, though not in uniben. I really hope you don't get stressed for this. When are you going for clearance?

Tomorrow early in the morning I'm going to complete the Affidavit, and upload all necessary documents. Then on Thursday I go to my department early in the money and see what happens.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Heywhizzy:
Do that asap

Thanks. The guy that was supposed to type the Affidavit of non-membership of Secret cult society asked me to go do Change of Name. But I find it ridiculous and uncalled for, I made a little research on the web and I found out that one can actually do Affidavit to correct errors or Discrepancies in certificates. I also downloaded a sample copy of which I have written down. All that remains to do now is to wait till tomorrow morning and type it down then take it to the court or Faculty of Law for stamping and then return to that All Saints Chapel for the clearance and then go home and sleep for 23 hours because I'm tired already.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
Icosahedron:

Tomorrow early in the morning I'm going to complete the Affidavit, and upload all necessary documents. Then on Thursday I go to my department early in the money and see what happens.
Alriht mahn.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Any shiit?
Yea! My Name Arrangements As In
In Jamb Its Bekky Mekky Dekky
Waec Its Bekky Dekky Mekky
My Mid Name Was Confused As My First Name
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Heywhizzy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
Icosahedron:

Thanks. The guy that was supposed to type the Affidavit of non-membership of Secret cult society asked me to go do Change of Name. But I find it ridiculous and uncalled for, I made a little research on the web and I found out that one can actually do Affidavit to correct errors or Discrepancies in certificates. I also downloaded a sample copy of which I have written down. All that remains to do now is to wait till tomorrow morning and type it down then take it to the court or Faculty of Law for stamping and then return to that All Saints Chapel for the clearance and then go home and sleep for 23 hours because I'm tired already.
E no get wetin dem no fit do affidavit for.. rest bro, it's necessary bro, clearance stress no be beans but still try open book cos na this 100l stress dey make person no too do well for first semester
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
Heywhizzy:
[/b] E no get wetin dem no fit do affidavit for[b].. rest bro, it's necessary bro, clearance stress no be beans but still try open book cos na this 100l stress dey make person no too do well for first semester

I do not understand the bolded bro.

Also. As for reading of books. You need not worry. Mathematics is my hobby and wife and it is not possible for a day to pass without me touching that beautiful girl.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Heywhizzy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
Icosahedron:

Also. As for reading of books. You need not worry. Mathematics is my hobby and wife and it is not possible for a day to pass without me touching that beautiful girl.
I mean you can swear affidavit for virtually every type of issue

Omo, you na scholar but funny enough na only small maths una go do this level
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by TheManOfTheYear: 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
I went to waec office in the state I sat for my waec to get my original certificate,and was told it hasn't been printed yet. I mean 2015 GCE.

I just have no choice than to use printout.
Cc.Draei
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Admin0081: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nice one
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
Icosahedron:

Abeg Odunlade Meme shocked
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by amandez: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
Edopesin:

If one of the names is an English name, U don't need affidavit.
e.g 1
Olushola Ajala/Olushola Michael Ajala.
It is a known fact that people often tend to use or drop their English names later in life.
I used this to clear some years ago, and I wasn't asked to bring an affidavit.

e.g 2
Clarke (British)/ Clark (American)
Favour (British)/ Favor (American)
if you have the above omission of an English name with one letter, like the Letter "E" in this case 1, missing at the end or some other letter ( U in case 2), you don't have to go swear an affidavit if they both have an American or British spelling.

I really don't know about native names tho, cuz that one is very different.

You can only swear affidavit if the omission cannot be overlooked.

e.g Michael Okpara/Mikel Okpara
John Oluwatosin/Taiwo Oluwatosin
Samuel Voke Oruma/ Samuel Oruma

in the case of Samuel, he omitted Voke in the 2nd application be it certificate or otherwise.

An English name can be omitted/added in an application and the clearance officer wouldn't mind, but you just can't omit your native name, that is more like your real name in Nigeria, except you didn't use it in your application or certificate, if you do, then you would be needing an affidavit.

In all of this, you can still be lucky and wouldn't be needing an affidavit.

Note:
The reason I took my time to write this, is because I noticed some people are going for affidavit when they really don't need it.
To be sure, go for your clearance first, let the clearance officer tell you what is missing, instead of making their paper work much due to your many affidavits.

This is just my advice tho.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
thnks amandez i already did an aff since last year and uploaded it mistakenly in the evidence of name slot
i had to beg the clearance officer to log me out so i could remove it

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by SwayG: 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
Icosahedron:

WAEC 2 names
Jamb 3 names
My UNIBEN files 3 names.

I had same issue..
my WAEC 2 names but my jamb and post utme 3 names..

I was also scared of having problem but the clearance officer didn't pay attention to that cos the stress and the queue was much..

I've been cleared since last week Wednesday,I was the 2nd life science student to be officially cleared after the verification of documents and WAEC online result with your scratch card...

my clearance was not up to 5mins, but while waiting for a friend I noticed that many persons got correction form, wrong affidavit typing wahala, diff name issues, local govt issues..they weren't cleared and were told to go rectify and come back but they are to stay on the long queue again..

so I advice you to deeply crosscheck all your documents before going there cos being sent back after standing and struggling under the hot sun for almost forever is not a good heart breaking..
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by BossBallz(m): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Any shiit?
Hey, Draei... Could you please alert me on this thread, any time th VC's list comes out.... Am tired of checking already, Please. angry
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
BossBallz:
Hey, Dra ei... Could you please alert me on this thread, any time th VC's list comes out.... Am tired of checking already, Please. angry
Eeeh! Seems you already have the connection
set in place. I'll try put that in mind sha.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
SwayG:

I had same issue..
my WAEC 2 names but my jamb and post utme 3 names..

I was also scared of having problem but the clearance officer didn't pay attention to that cos the stress and the queue was much..

I've been cleared since last week Wednesday,I was the 2nd life science student to be officially cleared after the verification of documents and WAEC online result with your scratch card...

my clearance was not up to 5mins, but while waiting for a friend I noticed that many persons got correction form, wrong affidavit typing wahala, diff name issues, local govt issues..they weren't cleared and were told to go rectify and come back but they are to stay on the long queue again..

so I advice you to deeply crosscheck all your documents before going there cos being sent back after standing and struggling under the hot sun for almost forever is not a good heart breaking..

Wow! I like that bolded part and i hope you've gone to church for some testimony on such rare luck you had.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by BossBallz(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Eeeh! Seems you already have the connection
set in place. I'll try put that in mind sha.
Connection is strong sir wink, Do alert me pls
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 10:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
TheManOfTheYear:
I went to waec office in the state I sat for my waec to get my original certificate,and was told it hasn't been printed yet. I mean 2015 GCE.

I just have no choice than to use printout.
Cc.Dr aei
2015.? It should be ready na. Some 2015 waec set i know were able to get their own certificate. Nawa for that state i must say.

I just really hope you don't meet a stubborn clearance officer cuz he will make it clear 2015 is over 2 years so the certificate should be ready. All the best!

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
BossBallz:
Connection is strong sir wink, Do alert me pls
Sure, no shiiit.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
Edopesin:

I thought you already got an affidavit in place some weeks back or is this a separate issue?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by boolee(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
amandez:

I'm using two sittings, in one of my sittings, I used Two names( exception of my middle name,which is my native name,), while my rest documents carries three names.

Do I need an affidavit for this?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
amandez:

e.g 1
Olushola Ajala/Olushola Michael Ajala.
It is a known fact that people often tend to use or drop their English names later in life.
I used this to clear some years ago, and I wasn't asked to bring an affidavit.

e.g 2
Clarke (British)/ Clark (American)
Favour (British)/ Favor (American)
if you have the above omission of an English name with one letter, like the Letter "E" in this case 1, missing at the end or some other letter ( U in case 2), you don't have to go swear an affidavit if they both have an American or British spelling.

I really don't know about native names tho, cuz that one is very different.

You can only swear affidavit if the omission cannot be overlooked.

e.g Michael Okpara/Mikel Okpara
John Oluwatosin/Taiwo Oluwatosin
Samuel Voke Oruma/ Samuel Oruma

in the case of Samuel, he omitted Voke in the 2nd application be it certificate or otherwise.

An English name can be omitted/added in an application and the clearance officer wouldn't mind, but you just can't omit your native name, that is more like your real name in Nigeria, except you didn't use it in your application or certificate, if you do, then you would be needing an affidavit.

In all of this, you can still be lucky and wouldn't be needing an affidavit.

Note:
The reason I took my time to write this, is because I noticed some people are going for affidavit when they really don't need it.
To be sure, go for your clearance first, let the clearance officer tell you what is missing, instead of making their paper work much due to your many affidavits.

This is just my advice tho.
I also second the bolded part. He might just scale through without any ish or stress.

Cc: Edopesin.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nosainwe(m): 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
Edopesin:
Yea! My Name Arrangements As In In Jamb Its Bekky Mekky Dekky Waec Its Bekky Dekky Mekky My Mid Name Was Confused As My First Name
wait is any problem with this??
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nosainwe(m): 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
Edopesin:
Yea! My Name Arrangements As In In Jamb Its Bekky Mekky Dekky Waec Its Bekky Dekky Mekky My Mid Name Was Confused As My First Name
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nosainwe(m): 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
Edopesin:
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Depends on which department you wanna know. #69,900 is the least we've seen so far tho something shocking came up today.(check the previous thread)
I tried paying the 46k but it automatically changed to 69900 while some others already paid the 46k but those with 46k receipt their later clearance was place on hold; a staff now told us that since most of us are paying 69900k that we are definitely going to pay it.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by pweetyz(f): 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
Draei:

Depends on which department you wanna know. #69,900 is the least we've seen so far tho something shocking came up today.(check the previous thread)
okay.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (263) (Reply)

Uniben 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes.......65RC-67RC / University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.