Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,061 members, 7,814,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide - Education (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide (421602 Views)

2019/2020 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread!!! / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / 2017/2018 Uniben Utme Aspirant Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by vivienD: 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
hello, I applied for pharmacy in uniben nd I had 294 in jamb. however am making use of two o'level sittings. pls I'd like to know if am going to be seriously affected by the two sittings or if I can change to a single sitting though I have lower grades..

and how is admission going to be given if putme will be conducted..is dere any way to calculate an aggregate score to so one can have a target score for putme..thanks in reply..
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by IamLukas(m): 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
vivienD:
hello, I applied for pharmacy in uniben nd I had 294 in jamb. however am making use of two o'level sittings. pls I'd like to know if am going to be seriously affected by the two sittings or if I can change to a single sitting though I have lower grades..

and how is admission going to be given if putme will be conducted..is dere any way to calculate an aggregate score to so one can have a target score for putme..thanks in reply..
UniBen accepts two sittings into the faculty of Pharmacy.
During the post utme era,it was your utme score divided by 8 and postutme score divided by 2.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by IamLukas(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fabzgrace:
Good day people.. How are the preparations for post utme going. Well I'm here to answer any questions you may have about the exams. I'm a 3rd year medical student.
Please,can I send you a mail?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Uzordrew:
Yea..... So, hakuna Matata
yeah check out the last UNIBEN POSTUME experience.
https://myschool.com.ng/uniben/news/39237/uniben-post-utme-2015-experience-share-yours-here.html
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Fabzgrace(f): 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2017
Dboy55:

Those of us doing calculations what topic do you know they usually brought questions from . I.e physics,chemistry and maths
theres no specific place they bring from just read your books well both theory and calcs cause you may be suprised with theory based questions that day
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Fabzgrace(f): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
IamLukas:
Please,can I send you a mail?
sure.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by walexsy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
poshemmanuel:

You are allowed to change courses and institutions not more than two times, if you change the first time and experience an issue, you are allowed to change the second time.cheers!
Ok..thanks
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Majestic72(m): 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
vivienD:

My dear, two sittings is allowed in pharmacy, now u'd be d luckiest if putme wud be conducted cos two sittings wud have lowered ur points in d point system. Pray for putme and start now to prepare for it cos there's no time. I'll be so glad to personally welcome you to d great faculty of pharmacy (am in 600L)
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by SwayG: 6:23am On Aug 20, 2017
guys what about industrial chemistry subject combination in post utme..
cos in jamb it is physics chemistry biology/maths..
so I picked biology cos I'm very good in it but now that there ll be post utme I don't know if they are gona replace the biology with maths..and I'm not good in maths..
is it still biology or I should do change of course.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by vivienD: 10:32am On Aug 20, 2017
Majestic72:
My dear, two sittings is allowed in pharmacy, now u'd be d luckiest if putme wud be conducted cos two sittings wud have lowered ur points in d point system. Pray for putme and start now to prepare for it cos there's no time. I'll be so glad to personally welcome you to d great faculty of pharmacy (am in 600L)
lollz..thank u. nd what is d subject combo for putme
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Majestic72(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2017
vivienD:

lollz..thank u. nd what is d subject combo for putme
Welcome. English, Chemistry, Biology, physics, Maths and a little of Current affairs
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by ESIXLOVE: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Majestic72:
Welcome. English, Chemistry, Biology, physics, Maths and a little of Current affairs
what about combination for cumputer science? And chemical engineering ?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Majestic72(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
what about combination for cumputer science? And chemical engineering ?
English, Chemistry, Physics and Maths
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by ESIXLOVE: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
Majestic72:
English, Chemistry, Physics and Maths
I no kukuma like chemistry!
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by wi5dom(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Happy Sunday to you all including readers........ let's see what this new week will give birth to aside the ASUU strike.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by RegalD(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
I no kukuma like chemistry!
And you wan do CHE? Better start liking it now
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by RegalD(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
hoodedjaystrim:
How will yhu knw which uniben past questions are genuine or nt sef
Baba whether genuine or not, any form of PQ you can lay your hands on just read it....if by God's grace you are admitted, same thing should apply to your exam preparation right from the beginning of the semester.......GOODLUCK
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by yhinks: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Live at the Jamb Admission Policy meeting day 1

*TEAM PLATO REPORTS*

1.Beware of Change of Institution. Prof Oloyede warns.

2.Beware of the information you submit while registering. Your date of birth can cost you a lot when you are to be mobilized for NYSC - Prof Oloyede

3.We are introducing a process to ensure admission is not delayed - Jamb

4.Universities are not permitted to hold on to a candidate for a long period. Once a University cannot admit, she is expected to release them to other Universities

5.Before now, a candidate applies for Medicine and because the University needs more students in Agric, such student is moved to the department. The damaged is caused because such student won't get to know until a later date. With the new system, no more

6.Before now, a candidate applies for Medicine and because the University needs more students in Agric, such student is moved to the department. The damaged is caused because such student won't get to know until a later date. With the new system, no more

7.With the new system, no candidates can upload a fake O level result as done before now.

8.With the new system that will be implemented, a candidate can with the use of a USSD code, confirm or reject his/her yadmission. You can also confirm your admission status as a candidate

9.All Universities are now expected to obey and comply with the timeline of admission with the new system

10.All Universities still have the flexibility to create their cut off marks. This will be done between now and tomorrow

11.All Universities will input their cut off marks this afternoon after lunch - Jamb

12.All Universities will download the list of students who chose them today also. Meanwhile, there is a risk in this. Details later

13.With the information here, Post Utme Screening results is part of the admission processing. Please note

14.Jamb will keep suggesting to Universities qualified students. Please note: Suggest

15.No automatic admission for those without the necessary requirement. And for those that met with the requirement, Jamb will contact the said institution to know why they are not admitted yet

16.Once a candidate accepts an admission, the window is closed for such candidate for that year. These are the benefits of the new system - Jamb

17.The new system is a secured one. So all stake holders present should be relaxed.

18.All higher institutions are live here in Abuja. Good news coming our students way

19.Private Universities can now smile as admissions will be timely

20.The system will create a lot and very easy to use - Jamb

21.Carrying capacity, cut off marks, download of candidates by Universities will be concluded today

22.Welcome to the world of CAPS - Central Admission Processing System (JAMB)

23.Once again, Jamb will not impose anything on any higher institution. Thank you...... Next updates coming soon

24.Back to the registrar....

25.Answer to Post Utme question, the Minister said we will allow Post Utme for those who wants to do it. He did not impose it- Prof Oloyede

26.Jamb cannot decide cut off marks for Universities - Prof Oloyede

27.ASUU shouldn't affect admission processing. Else, no admission for that University for that year - Prof Oloyede

28.All available national/west africa certificates are available for admission. Nothing like ICTS result-Prof Oloyede

29.f you have not uploaded your O level before now, please do. But if you have before now, no problem - Jamb

30.No student will be admitted with Awaiting Result. Please note - Prof Oloyede

31.Jamb will not wait for Neco but will be flexible. Once the result is out, they can send it to us

32.Lunch time
After a very good lunch, I want to air my view in line with Post Utme Exam. It appears some Universities will not be having it this year because it is late already. While some Universities will gladly adopt it. Meanwhile, all students are to prepare for both -registrar
[8/21, 17:10] ‪+234 813 836 1397‬: *MEETING ONGOING*

34.Students are free to transfer from one University to the other. This Law has been in existence 29years ago. No University has the right to disqualify any student once he or she is qualified - Jamb
35.An HND student of the same field can cross to 300level of a University once he or she is qualified.
36.To those who had done regularization some years back are advised to do the ongoing one. What they have done is not the right one. Prof Oloyede
37.Once you are given an admission into a University, it is a Catholic marriage. Only the school can release such students to another University. This student cannot be transferred unless the University signs the necessary document once accepted. - Prof Oloyede
38.Jamb is no longer releasing any further results. Meanwhile, more measures will be taken to avoid fraudsters during Jamb. - Prof Oloyede
39.Unilorin sets their cut off mark as 180. First institution to do this
40.Every University has their Quota by Jamb already. Might not be able to release some information now while, Universities can request for more Quota

*TEAM PLATO REPORTS*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by ESIXLOVE: 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
RegalD:

And you wan do CHE? Better start liking it now
mine is computer science, it's my friend that is going in for chemical engineering.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nosainwe(m): 1:10am On Aug 22, 2017
Pls guys
do i need further maths to study computer engineering
bcus it was included in jamb brochure for uniben
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by IamLukas(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nosainwe:
Pls guys do i need further maths to study computer engineering bcus it was included in jamb brochure for uniben
You don't.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Philip2013: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
BREAKING: JAMB fixes cut off marks for universities, polytechnics, colleges of education
premiumtimesng.com Tuesday, August 22, 2017 17:32
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has fixed minimum cut off marks for Nigeria’s tertiary institutions.

The minimum cut off marks for admissions into universities in Nigeria was set for 120, polytechnics and colleges of education pegged at 100, while that of innovative enterprising institutes was pegged at 110.

Institutions are, however, at liberty to raise their cut off marks for admission above the minimum set by JAMB.

Also, admissions into public degree awarding institutions for the 2017 UTME examination will end on January 15, 2018 while for private institutions, it ends on January 31, 2018.

Also, decisions on first choice candidates by universities will end on October 15, and second choice candidates will end on December 15; after which the remaining students will be available in the market place for other institutions till the January closing dates.

These decisions were taken at the 2017 Combined Policy Meetings on Admissions into Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria which ended on Tuesday.

The Registrar of JAMB, Ishaq Oloyede, said a Central Admission Processing System, CAPS, will be used to streamline admission processes among institutions, as it addresses challenges associated with the former approach.

Mr. Oloyede also said that Institutions could conduct dual mode system which involves both manual and the newly introduced CAPS.

He advocated a dynamic educational policy as related to admissions.

“All over the world, there is agitation for dynamic educational policy,” he said. “JAMB only admits for National Diploma, not Higher National Diploma; so why should we use the same requirement for ND and BSC, that is unreasonable parity.”

“We should not be sentimental in fixing our cut off mark; we need not over-dramatise issue of cut off mark.”

He said candidates’ applications to study agriculture was very low while applications to study medicine and health sciences increased.

Speaking on illegal admissions, he said the process is now automated because the Registrar of JAMB must approve all candidates.

“About 17,160 students were admitted without JAMB across institutions in Nigeria,” he said.

The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, also formerly announced a lift of the ban on the conduct of Post-UTME examination as a prerequisite for admission into tertiary institutions.

“Cancellation of Post- UTME is a mistake,” he said.

He noted that banning of post-UTME led to a lot of irregularities by candidates and some institutions.

The minister explained that with the lifting of the ban on the conduct of the examination, institutions are now at liberty to conduct, while adding that fee for the examination should not exceed N2000.

He explained that the 2016 admission process was a huge success, while expressing optimism that government is working assiduously to make that of 2017 better.

Mr. Adamu noted that government is also making efforts to expand access and ensure equality in the education sector.

He expressed optimism that a substantial number of candidates who sat for the 2017 UTME would gain admission into tertiary institution.

“Over 1.6 million candidates applied for degree courses, over 17,000 for ND as well as NCE,” he said.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
Oya UNIBEN over to you
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by kayc0(f): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by iamleumas: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
Are you seeking admission into UNIBEN?
Are you tired of not getting admission into UNIBEN?
All you need is a "Correct information" !

A website has been launched to feed you with the latest admission updates [such as application form, screening date, cut off mark, free past question, etc] about UNIBEN & all other schools.
The website also have a "JAMB Admission Points Calculator" tool through which you can know your chances of being admitted into your preferred school.

What are you waiting for? visit www.nigeriaschoolsupdate..com right now!!
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 11:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
120 for Universities?? What lunacy is that Is this a joke
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nosainwe(m): 12:12am On Aug 23, 2017
IamLukas:
You don't.
tanks
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by ESIXLOVE: 12:39am On Aug 23, 2017
kayc0:
+Me too o bro. i have a burning desire to study chemical engineering buh i choose computer sci instead because of d nature of the Nigeria labour market.. I wish i could still get to change course abeg
I think you can actually change to chemical eng.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Aeontk(m): 5:43am On Aug 23, 2017
please guys for medicine what's the post utme score needed in uniben despite jamb result.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by uk10(m): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2017
Aeontk:
please guys for medicine what's the post utme score needed in uniben despite jamb result.
some guys said 15,but website says 12,are the results for uniben out
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by xceptional4ever: 8:44am On Aug 23, 2017
UNIBEN SCREENING EXERCISE!
Do you want get information about UNIBEN screening, sales of form, cutoff mark, subject combination and others?
Then drop your phone number , or message us on WhatsApp now on; 08137475067
and you will be added to the group' 'UNIBEN admission guide 2017'.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by godstimemacaulay(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2017
Fabzgrace:
sure.
Sir can 233 get me medicine in uniben along wit a very high post utme score ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (263) (Reply)

Uniben 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes.......65RC-67RC / University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.