Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly Truth About Your Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly Truth About Your Pastor (347 Views)

'9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly Truth About Your Pastor by OrRawDay: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2017
COPIED FROM [url]untothematter.com[/url]

Is not for you to judge.

These days a lot of people have made it their calling and ministry to criticize pastors. It’s very common to hear people say stuff like:

“That’s how all these pastors used to do”

“Your pastor is just eating your money”

“Is that one a man of God?”

“How can a pastor say bla bla bla…”

“Why do pastors not bla bla bla”

The finger pointing and accusations are endless.

While I have a lot of personal opinions about pastors and people who badmouth pastors, I am not going to talk about my opinion.

Let’s talk about God’s opinion.

What does the bible say about speaking against the pastor?

Do his prophets no harm.
In Psalm 105:14-15 the bible speaks of The Nation Israel and Her Prophets.

God says, “He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.”

It didn’t matter whether they were actually in the wrong, or actually guilty of all the accusations against them. When you speak against a pastor, you are harming him with your words.

And it’s not for you to decide who is a true prophet and who is not – because the common excuse for criticizing pastors is that “He is not a real pastor” or “God did not call that one”.

It’s people with that mentality who crucified Jesus. And they are still crucifying him today. Every time you judge and condemn a pastor, you are judging and condemning the one who sent him – Jesus.

You could be unknowingly provoking God
In Numbers 12:1-2, 4-9 we see,

“And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it… And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out. And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.”

CONTINUE READING HERE http://untothematter.com/2017/04/30/ugly-truth-about-your-pastor/
Re: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly Truth About Your Pastor by mikeweezy(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2017
everybody will always have a say

(1) (Reply)

Thank You Judas Iscariot For Betraying Jesus / Balance Is The Key!! (you And GOD Have A Role To Play / Online Business Empowerment Program For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.