Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

My Education ,my Future As A Nigeria Child - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Education ,my Future As A Nigeria Child (599 Views)

Am I Too Old To Further My Education? / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! / PLS. HELP ME! Someone Has Ruined My Education/life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Education ,my Future As A Nigeria Child by vaxx: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
Of late,the grievances raised about our education system are on the increase. The future of an ordinary nigerian child has been left in the sky floating like 'a lost kite'. In this article.

I will ponder on some whims and caprices of the Nigeria Education System, specifically the examination bodies as well as some formidable solutions to these problems.Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria is even a member of the Commonwealth Community because nothing shows.Our credentials are viewed with squeezed eyes and less worth all because of the emanation of the credentials-Nigeria. UK, US and most of the European countries do not even regard our WASSCE results amidst the leaks and incredibility around the exams.

Are we going to sit for the incompetency of these Examination Bodies ruin the future of the ordinary Nigeria child?I strongly believe UTME OR JAMB is playing chess' with the future of our students.

i sigh,I grief and I strongly sob that UTME is failing us and we need an alternative.Even with a genuine UTME and WAEC credential,one would still need to write other so called internationally accepted exams such as TOEFL,SAT, GRE, etc before one could gain admission overseas and yet Nigeria could proudly hit its dancing belly and say it is a Commonwealth Nation.To me,I strongly believe nigeria is an African nation and for that matter must live as one.Vis-a-vis the aforementioned problem.

I believe that the solutions to these persistent problems are as follows:*All secondary schools in the country should conduct its own final exams alongside with WAEC.such that after a child has completed his or her seniour High Education,he or she would sit for such e two exams and would there of be admitted into the university with both result just like in the usa

Furthermore,I think UTME should not enjoy the monopoly it has enjoyed for the past years.I plead unto the reputable authorities thus the Ministry of Education to set up another Examination Council which would consist of our notable great Educationists from the Tertiary Institutions.I strongly trust and believe that an Examination Body headed by our reputable Professors and Doctors in Education would not experience anything like leakage of examination papers.*Lastly,all Universities and other third cycle institutions in the country should conduct its own Entrance Exams to avoid over dependence on the UTME results as the only criterion for admission.

I am a corncern citizen

i plead on anyone who could forward this to do so till it gets to the real implementer and seeker of relief for the ordinary Nigeria Child.

1 Like

Re: My Education ,my Future As A Nigeria Child by fanficgirl(f): 10:08pm On May 18, 2017
Nice vision but zero chance of being implemented. Are you schooling in Nigeria?
Re: My Education ,my Future As A Nigeria Child by vaxx: 10:06am On May 19, 2017
fanficgirl:
Nice vision but zero chance of being implemented. Are you schooling in Nigeria?
no i have my basic school till juniour high school in nigeria.
Re: My Education ,my Future As A Nigeria Child by Cassie75: 11:36am On May 25, 2017
Pls I need information I want to send someone to Ghana on undergraduate studies. Can u help. My email sanifyoke@gmail.com Any help will be appreciated.cheers
Re: My Education ,my Future As A Nigeria Child by vaxx: 1:49pm On May 25, 2017
Cassie75:
Pls I need information I want to send someone to Ghana on undergraduate studies. Can u help. My email sanifyoke@gmail.com Any help will be appreciated.cheers
reach me on bluespycydiamond@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

UNIZIK Wins 2017 National Maths Quiz Competition / Are The Yoruba's The Most Educated / NABTEB 2017 Result – How Check NABTEB Result Online 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.