Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older (488 Views)

A Nigerian Refused To Sit With Me Because I’m South African / Help! Bet9ja Mobile Has Refused To Pay. / 1960bet Have Refused To Pay Me For Over A Month !!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by edgeklaus(m): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
The cases of Divorce filings due to cheating,domestic violence, inability of the husband to provide or as a result of sheer boredom of both husband and the wife in most marriages of this time and age has reached an alarming rate. Even couples who seemed like the most perfect pair in the world end up getting married and within two months,hell has broken loose in the marriage and with the help of social media,everyone eventually would know about it.
  As a religious person, i could say maybe the marriage was attacked by the devil or enemies but even the very religious suffer the same plague in their marriages . My point is, marriages between two people with a reasonable age gap last longer than married people with little or no age gap. Although many school of thoughts disagree with this point but when we take a critical case study of several marriages,we would come to terms with this fact. Many Marriages in the '90s took place between an older man and a reasonably younger lady .I'm placing emphasis on "reasonable" because not all age gaps were rational enough. Take for instance a man of 35 and a lady of 16, that could be counted as child abuse.

PS: The maximum marriage gap I'm reckoning with is 10 years and the lady must be over 19.

So back to my point, marriages in the 90's lasted longer and can't be compared to this century's marriages because the age gap created a place of respect from both husband and wife and when disagreement happened,the wife calmed down and would humble herself and the husband in his own place did not only see the wife as a companion but as a sister who should be protected and guarded at all times that it was even impossible to raise his hand to beat her or abuse her of any sort. Marriage was a place of learning for both companions but in this century,men married their age mate or worse still their wifes were older by a year or more and in such homes,there is never rest unless the wife was well brought up or she's a very tolerable person. Upon any slight disagreement,both husband and wife would grow hostile at each other because the gap between them does not command respect and neither one of them has a better understanding and experience about life than the other so after tolerating each other to an extent,they both file for divorce. Sadly enough,after the separation,the husbands then goes for a younger lady because he wants someone he's capable of controlling and the wife then goes for an older man because she feels men of her age group are as shallow as her ex.

Marriage is not a place for best friends. Best friends can tolerate themselves to a point and then,they could become enemies. Marriage is a school of learning and a place for two different individuals to help,educate and care for themselves. The joy of marriage is reproduction which is a mandate by God but if that's the reason why you are with your spouse,then i doubt if you two would last.
I hope my school of thought would start a revolution in this generation.

https://adedejiklaus..com.ng/2017/04/why-your-marriage-is-in-jeopardy-is-cos.html
Re: Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by creamylicious(f): 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
lie liar liest ..... it's three years apart in age for my parents
Re: Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by whitebeard(m): 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
creamylicious:
will u keep quiet..mine is 2
Re: Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by Heavance(m): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
Simply put, what works for A may not work for B, and what B can tolerate may be the main reason why C signed the divorce papers.
Best friends do cope in marriage, an older wife is still with her husband in Ondo state govt house, a younger wife got beaten the other day, Olu Jacobs is still with his wife...... Just pray and be sure God tells you he/she is the one, because other couples will always contradict your point.
Re: Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by edgeklaus(m): 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
creamylicious:
If you had a better understanding of english and you read constructively,you would reason out the rubbish you just wrote
Re: Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by creamylicious(f): 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
edgeklaus:

If you had a better understanding of english and you read constructively,you would reason out the rubbish you just wrote
lol.... pardon my quick fingers
Re: Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by edgeklaus(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
creamylicious:
lol.... pardon my quick fingers

Lol...sorry for that jo but seriously speaking 3 is enough gap to give respect so it still applies
Re: Why Your Marriage Is In Jeopardy Is Cos You Refused To Marry A Man Way Older by Speedstar09: 3:31pm On May 01, 2017
Heavance:
Simply put, what works for A may not work for B, and what B can tolerate may be the main reason why C signed the divorce papers.
Best friends do cope in marriage, an older wife is still with her husband in Ondo state govt house, a younger wife got beaten the other day, Olu Jacobs is still with his wife...... Just pray and be sure God tells you he/she is the one, because other couples will always contradict your point.
I agree with you on this...

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used 50kva JMG Diesel Generator For Sale / Comedian "I Go Die" Surprises Mum With A House (so Beautiful) / A Girl Funny List To Dump A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.