Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Jollof Rice And Crayfish - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Jollof Rice And Crayfish (5239 Views)

I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year / “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says / When You Mix Ghana And Nigerian Jollof Rice (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jollof Rice And Crayfish by ewa26: 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
Pls, is it ok for jollof rice to have some crayfish or does that give it too native aroma for classic jollof
Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by pbethel: 9:30am On May 01, 2017
Its OK . if u are d type that don't mind d saint of crayfish.

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by shilz(f): 5:37pm On May 01, 2017
Crayfish added to any food does magic,since u insist on classic rice u can add little to the rice or to your stock.
Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by Hearthynukeh(f): 10:59am On May 03, 2017
Not everybody likes the taste of crayfish in jollof rice... U can't add crayfish to jollof rice when you are cooking for a large number of people.. .especially party jollof rice.. .you can add it to ur jollof rice when cooking for yourself or any family member that likes it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by ewa26: 4:22pm On May 03, 2017
Hearthynukeh:
Not everybody likes the taste of crayfish in jollof rice... U can't add crayfish to jollof rice when you are cooking for a large number of people.. .especially party jollof rice.. .you can add it to ur jollof rice when cooking for yourself or any family member that likes it.
ok tnx, right am delta ibo i will like to no how an ibo will cook jollof rice compare to d yoruba one, whats the difference pls
Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by Hearthynukeh(f): 9:31pm On May 04, 2017
ewa26:
ok tnx, right am delta ibo i will like to no how an ibo will cook jollof rice compare to d yoruba one, whats the difference pls
The difference is the spice.. .the igbos love to add too much of spice in their meal...too much of spice can't give you ur desire taste...but dey don't eat much salt....but they can add varieties of spice to their jollof rice....Jollof don't need much spice...Ur Chicken or meat stock,maggi,good curry and thyme, bay leaves, Garlic and ginger, Onion can give ur jollof rice good taste.....The Yorubas don't really add different spices to their jollof rice....

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by ewa26: 12:36am On May 05, 2017
Hearthynukeh:
The difference is the spice.. .the igbos love to add too much of spice in their meal...too much of spice can't give you ur desire taste...but dey don't eat much salt....but they can add varieties of spice to their jollof rice....Jollof don't need much spice...Ur Chicken or meat stock,maggi,good curry and thyme, bay leaves, Garlic and ginger, Onion can give ur jollof rice good taste.....The Yorubas don't really add different spices to their jollof rice....
ok what spices exactly will an Igbo put compared to d yoruba
Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by gustav25: 7:58pm On May 05, 2017
ewa26:
ok what spices exactly will an Igbo put compared to d yoruba
the yorubas will make sure your anus have no rest for 3 days because of the pepper them gang the over add

2 Likes

Re: Jollof Rice And Crayfish by ewa26: 10:34pm On May 07, 2017
gustav25:
the yorubas will make sure your anus have no rest for 3 days because of the pepper them gang the over add
right and could someone now be telling me how to cook d ibo and Yoruba version both so I will cook it and no which i prefer

(1) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between 'Best Before' And 'Expiry Date' / Amazing Wedding Cake Promo!!! / Human Body Found In Mcdonald's Meat Factory ( Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.