Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria (32186 Views)

Paris, Tyson Fury's Wife Begs Him To Quit Boxing After Anthony Joshua Fight / Andy Ruiz Jr Agrees To Fight Anthony Joshua In Saudi Arabia Rematch / How Daily Mail Reported About Anthony Joshua In 2012 And In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by hollywater: 10:54am On May 02, 2017
janellemonae:

Gosh! Can't u read? SSHis surname is Joshua. The article clearly says his family owns half of d cinema street & his great grandfather built the 1st cinema in shagamu on that street. The mans name is clearly written. Their family is well known and their surnĂ me is Joshua.

I never knew Nigerians bear their mothers surname. His father is obviously the one from the Joshua family in shagamu, not his mum.
STOP PLEASE. WHY DIDN'T THEY NAME THE STREET AND STADIUM AFTER HIS SO CALLED GREAT GRANDFATHER SINCE?

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2017
monex:

IPOB spotted !

South wastee!! grin
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 02, 2017
hollywater:
STOP PLEASE. WHY DIDN'T THEY NAME THE STREET AND STADIUM AFTER HIS SO CALLED GREAT GRANDFATHER SINCE?

And who is talking about why they changed d name or who they're naming it after? Dts a different issue dt has bn discussed on d 1st page & I didn't comment on dt.

I was clearly responding to ur claim dt his mother is the one from d Joshua family. Ur slow.
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by slurryeye2: 3:31pm On May 02, 2017
janellemonae:

Gosh! Can't u read? His surname is Joshua. The article clearly says his family owns half of d cinema street & his great grandfather built the 1st cinema in shagamu on that street. The mans name is clearly written. Their family is well known and their surnĂ me is Joshua.

I never knew Nigerians bear their mothers surname. His father is obviously the one from the Joshua family in shagamu, not his mum.

I wonder why it is so hard for many of them to comprehend simple write up. The article says his paternal great grandfather who was a prince built the first cinema in the town which the street is named after. Out of stupidity or hate they are still arguing that it's only his mother that's Yoruba. I'm just tired for this people.
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Phobia1: 1:45am On May 03, 2017
Spiricoco:
When the guy wanted to box for Nigeria years ago they didn't allow him. So it is now that they recognize him as a human being. undecided
Assuming we both lived in the Same area in school and my gas finished and you make available your gas for me to cook, does that makes you the owner of the food? lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Denmark Vs Australia World Cup 2018 - Rare Historic Match. See Why / Key Secrets To Winning Big On Bet9ja Virtual Games / Happy Birthday Ahmed Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.