Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:29 PM

Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar (6215 Views)

Nigeria Spends $1.2 Billion To Import Fish Annually - Emefiele / Boeing Gives $100m To Help 737 Max Crash Families / FOREX : Dealers Unable To Pick $100m Offered By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Lexusgs430: 7:46am On May 02, 2017
Diabetes galore.....
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by bukynkwuenu: 7:46am On May 02, 2017
Category1:
I don't know why Nigeria can't produce all these things.....
I watched the making of sugar on YouTube and this sugar is made from sugar cane.
Does it mean that we can't cultivate sugar canes and get all the machineries accessible for processing?

no they can't.....govt will help frustrate your dreams in Nigeria.....dey claim to want entrepreneurs but live a harmful business environment to thrive

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by sonofthunder: 7:48am On May 02, 2017
psucc:
There is a mystery in this country. With the Dangote Sugar Company 'doing so well that it exceeds it's profit margin'?

And by the way, what do we use the sugar for when tea had disappeared in the menu of most Nigerian families?
garri/pap... Lol
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by officialbj: 7:50am On May 02, 2017
psucc:
There is a mystery in this country. With the Dangote Sugar Company 'doing so well that it exceeds it's profit margin'?

And by the way, what do we use the sugar for when tea had disappeared in the menu of most Nigerian families?
It's one of the major ingredients for pastries
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by emmaitive(m): 7:56am On May 02, 2017
God punish all dis our bigmen dt stuck money around without investing in industries....if dey manage to invest dey will be building all kind of private schools,and wen the student finishes, no work...would d work fall from heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by dopedude(m): 7:59am On May 02, 2017
psucc:

Bros sugar is used for many things.... In production of beers, soft drinks, juices, milk, chocolate, etc....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by ibiboatais(m): 8:01am On May 02, 2017
Hope this project won't be abandoned. So we are using 100 million dollars to import diabetes and we want Naira to get value
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by 989900: 8:02am On May 02, 2017
So many sensible comments in just one thread -- quite unusual! cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Iamthoney(m): 8:15am On May 02, 2017
Rayfield:
tiri gbosa for you...landlord
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by VanBommel(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2017
northvietnam:
Weed is the only thing Nigeria don't Import..

RIP Nigeria

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Jointhemiltons2(m): 8:20am On May 02, 2017
Category1:
I don't know why Nigeria can't produce all these things.....
I watched the making of sugar on YouTube and this sugar is made from sugar cane.
Does it mean that we can't cultivate sugar canes and get all the machineries accessible for processing?
The question is what happened to Dangote Sugar?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by DJInfluence: 8:22am On May 02, 2017
psucc:

Garri and Akamu na...
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by jericco1(m): 8:28am On May 02, 2017
Normally, the things we produce locally should be cheaper, but at the end of the day, the reverse is the case. Even at a lesser quality.
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Slurity(m): 8:33am On May 02, 2017
psucc:

Don't think shallow, think deep. bread, biscuit, local drinks, pufpuf, burns, egg roll, chewing gum, sweets, you eat sugar every day
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by ephi123(f): 8:46am On May 02, 2017
psucc:

grin funny, but sad
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by ephi123(f): 8:47am On May 02, 2017
Slurity:
Don't think shallow, think deep. bread, biscuit, local drinks, pufpuf, burns, egg roll, chewing gum, sweets, you eat sugar every day

You would be surprised to know that a number of the items you listed are not even manufactured in the country.

If possible to import bread sef, I am sure we would have done so.
Our local industries are not thriving at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by joinnow: 9:01am On May 02, 2017
Then why won't Nigeria top the list of diabetes most populous Nation
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Exponental(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:
I don't see imported sugar where I buy sugar o!

Is St lious or Dangote imported?

This man should say rich people are buying imported sugar
Olodo.... So you don't know the monopoly Dangote got is for repackaging.
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by iaatmguy(m): 9:18am On May 02, 2017
northvietnam:

RIP Nigeria
in all things be positive and give thanks to God

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by iaatmguy(m): 9:19am On May 02, 2017
psucc:

for Bread smiley
In all things be positive and give thanks to God almighty
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by farmgate: 9:24am On May 02, 2017

I just can't believe this man just ask this question
Must of food industry make use of sugar
If we can produce atleast 50% of sugar we consumed locally. It will reduce some % of unemployment

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Nobody: 9:55am On May 02, 2017
psucc:

To soak garri na
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by mecussey(m): 10:04am On May 02, 2017
northvietnam:

RIP Nigeria

Nigeria should be allowed to export it since thats the only thing we produce and trust me, nigeria will be the highest exporter of weed in the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by teemy(m): 10:19am On May 02, 2017
i like the part of 12 settlements have been relocated 'and compensated'
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Nowenuse: 10:59am On May 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:
I don't see imported sugar where I buy sugar o!

Is St lious or Dangote imported?

This man should say rich people are buying imported sugar

So you dont know that St louis is imported? It is.
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by mikolo80: 12:30pm On May 02, 2017
thesicilian:
What of Dangote sugar refinery?
sugar packaging not refinery and I thought it was 1 bn
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by Slurity(m): 8:03am On May 03, 2017
ephi123:

You would be surprised to know that a number of the items you listed are not even manufactured in the country.

If possible to import bread sef, I am sure we would have done so.
Our local industries are not thriving at all.
All in my list are manufactured in Nigeria. try leave your village and come to Lagos, Ogun, or Oyo state
Re: Nigeria Spends Over $100m Annually To Import Sugar by ephi123(f): 8:45am On May 03, 2017
Slurity:
All in my list are manufactured in Nigeria. try leave your village and come to Lagos, Ogun, or Oyo state

Because those are the only states in Nigeria undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output / Electric Motors And Other Fairly Used Industrial Goods For Sale ! / Bill Gates Gives Yam Farmers $12m: In Nigeria & Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.