Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" (31331 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Was Sexually Molested At 8, My Sex Drive High, I Prefer Doggy / Helena Nelson: I Was Sexually Abused By My Mother's Boyfriend For 3 Years / Juliana Olayode Sexually Abused As A Little Girl, Shares Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Adieza(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2017
MhissBelva:

who told u she isn't married
Thanks for correcting me ma, I thought she is single or a Baby Mama.
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by iamrealdeji(m): 2:08pm On May 02, 2017
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 02, 2017
ShitHead:
Women no dey talk them real age nah...every year nah 16yr old birthday. And you come here dey claim abuse.

The same way we know that there would always be a tomorrow(even though some people don't get to see it), that's the same with stupid people.There would always be very stupid Homo sapien in this world. I know you can't help your problem but once in a while give your stupidity a big break. Think before penning down your thoughts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Blackhue95: 2:13pm On May 02, 2017
Bigajeff:
Wale Adenuga Presents Super story Titled: My Childhood. We are nothing but pencil in the hand of the creator

I know you are stupid and I know that you don't know how stu.pid you are. You are indeed a waste of sperm.

2 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by holluphemydavid(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2017
Rapist deserve death penalty

2 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 02, 2017
Blackhue95:

Dumbo, read next time. She was abused when she was a child(a minor) not as an adult. You lack basic intelligence lipsrsealed

That guy is a dimwit.

4 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Blackhue95: 2:17pm On May 02, 2017
MadManTalking:
grin grin

And then you chew your sugarcane without giving a Bleep. Later in the future, life f.ucks you up so bad that we all would read your story on Nairaland and I can say with confidence that it would be an experience worse than rape.

3 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Bigajeff(m): 2:19pm On May 02, 2017
Blackhue95:

I know you are stupid and I know that you don't know how stu.pid you are. You are indeed a waste of sperm.

Why do you have to throw all your burden on me. Pele no vex
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Blackhue95: 2:26pm On May 02, 2017
sukkot:
wetin make we do with this kin info na ?

ATTENTION SEEKER. EVER SINCE ANTHONY JOSHUA HAS STOLE THE LIMELIGHT EVERYBODY IS UPPING THEIR GAME WITH CRAZY STORIES SO AS TO TAKE THE LIMELIGHT BACK LMAO

And you think she is looking for negative fame? I blame bloggers who highlight people's words in order to gain traffic. As for you, what ass are you laughing off? That thing that look like 20 Naira leftover amala...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Blackhue95: 2:32pm On May 02, 2017
Bigajeff:

Why do you have to throw all your burden on me. Pele no vex

Silly, I have no burden for you spineless Dumbo to carry. Save the sorry for yourself because you need it. You really need it bruh.

3 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 02, 2017
EastGold:
Sincerely, rapers deserved to be hanged

Do you mean to say 'rapists'? wink
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 02, 2017
Adieza:
Sorry ma, Epele, No wonder you never marry.

What She's married with two sons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 02, 2017
sukkot:

ATTENTION SEEKER. EVER SINCE ANTHONY JOSHUA HAS STOLE THE LIMELIGHT EVERYBODY IS UPPING THEIR GAME WITH CRAZY STORIES SO AS TO TAKE THE LIMELIGHT BACK LMAO

She's not an attention seeker. Kemi adetiba did a film. Its called king woman and its filled with interviews of real life successful Nigerian women talking about their challenges in life, their deep secrets and how they overcame. Its actually a VERY DEEP documentary teaching the young nigerian woman she can also make it. There are also 60yr olds & 80yr olds in dt documentary. Successful women of all ages. Its not just TYBello. There were tears and smiles as women shared their innermost feelings.

Let's try to appreciate good work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Adieza(m): 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
janellemonae:

What She's married with two sons.
Thanks ma
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by ephi123(f): 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
Blackhue95:

And you think she is looking for negative fame? I blame bloggers who highlight people's words in order to gain traffic. As for you, what ass are you laughing off? That thing that look like 20 Naira leftover amala...

cheesy chai!!
I was about typing lmaoo but decided better not do so, so i will just write rotfl.

On a serious note, I don't know why Nigerians make light of a topic as serious as childhood abuse.
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by nickxtra(m): 3:50pm On May 02, 2017
I was also serially sexually abused by a daughter of our neighbour then. She was was about 20-22 years, while i was like 13-14 years then
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by joycluv: 4:00pm On May 02, 2017
Sexually abused not raped. Ok
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by joxxy01(m): 4:02pm On May 02, 2017
sukkot:

did she beg u to read?
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by joycluv: 4:02pm On May 02, 2017
Who den abused each other?
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by babyfaceafrica: 4:08pm On May 02, 2017
Is it only gals that are abused?..when will abused guys open up?
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by joycluv: 4:10pm On May 02, 2017
[quote author=janellemonae post=56136987]

She's not an attention seeker. Kemi adetiba did a film. Its called king woman and its filled with interviews of real life successful Nigerian women talking about their challenges in life, their deep secrets and how they overcame. Its actually a VERY DEEP documentary teaching the young nigerian woman she can also make it. There are also 60yr olds & 80yr olds in dt documentary. Successful women of all ages. Its not just TYBello. There were tears and smiles as women shared their innermost feelings.
Hope the women who shared their innermost feelings also shared their innermost secret sins
Let's try to appreciate good work.[/q
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Ibraheemmawa(m): 4:12pm On May 02, 2017
Researchz:
Nigerian singer, songwriter, photographer and philanthropist, Toyin Sokefun-Bello popularly known as TY Bello, has opened up how she was sexually abused while she was growing up.

While speaking on Accelerate TV series, ‘King Women’ which is produced by prolific video director, Kemi Adetiba, popular singer and celebrity photographer, TY Bello, revealed that she was molested as a child and that it had a negative effect on her during her formative years.

She said; “I was sexually abused as a child and because of this, I felt like there was something ugly about me that made me encounter this. This was not the abuser’s fault, this was me. I used to see other girls as flowers and I saw myself as dirty cement, hard and ugly. I never felt beautiful, everything was wrong with me, I was hairy and it was a problem.

“I always attributed everything that was about me to be the reason someone took advantage of me. I thought there was something wrong with me because if the others girls were like me perhaps they would be dirty like me but they were flowers.

“When a friend told me about salvation, she told me old things would be passed away and all things will become new. It was as if God could wash away that stench and I would become a girl because I didn’t feel like a girl.”

The Greenland singer said she was relieved when she found out that she was not the only one that was sexually abused as a child.

“I was shocked when I grew up and found that one out every three or four girls in my secondary school had suffered the same thing and I could tell them the same thing… that old thing can pass away.

“It was a relief to find that I was not the only one and a shock that nobody talks about it. That’s why salvation worked, I had a daddy and I was going to be a flower.”

The singer also spoke about how she handled the dissolution of KUSH, an all-female gospel band she belonged to for many years.

“When KUSH ended, I guess it was time for it to end because we were together for eight years and the fact we were different and wanted different things tore us apart. Breaking up was very painful and we couldn’t explain what happened to everyone so we had to sit back and watch the public dissect your life,” she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSq4QqDCHBM

Source http://tweemk..com/2017/05/how-i-was-sexually-abused-as-child.html

Who care's you wanted to become a LovePeddler then finally you are then congrate.
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by feyilag(f): 4:22pm On May 02, 2017
Mznaett:

May God forgive you for this statementsad
my dear sister,i got very weak when i saw some comments. People who were abused never forget;they may heal and talk about it but they NEVER FORGET. It comes with painful memories and some even blame themselves, so how some people joke about someone's pain with a free conscience beats my imagination

3 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Is it only gals that are abused?..when will abused guys open up?
Guys won't open up because they are not emotionally weak as women and society expects them to be hard.
Also you forget,women can get pregnant from rape while men can't. So it is only normal society is more sympathetic to the female victims.
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Akinlady(f): 4:47pm On May 02, 2017
[quote author=EastGold post=56132389]Sincerely, rapers deserved to be hanged[rapists
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by babyfaceafrica: 4:55pm On May 02, 2017
Trina0936:

Guys won't open up because they are not emotionally weak as women and society expects them to be hard.
Also you forget,women can get pregnant from rape while men can't. So it is only normal society is more sympathetic to the female victims.
guys are not emotionally weak as women?..where sis you hear that from?.. Forget the bravado...weakness emotional is not a gender thing,.....well the society is sympathetic to who makes noise pass ,so I agree with you......the guys been raped emotionally will grow up raping ladies and assaulting them ..it is well
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by ziga: 4:57pm On May 02, 2017
It is more common in Nigeria than we think. Happens to ladies and women just like it happens to girls.

And it is criminal whether you force yourself on a minor or an adult. No means No.

Most women will never speak about it.

Because men will blame them for being "lose girls"

And Nairaland BOYS are a perfect example.
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
guys are not emotionally weak as women?..where sis you hear that from?.. Forget the bravado...weakness emotional is not a gender thing,.....well the society is sympathetic to who makes noise pass ,so I agree with you......the guys been raped emotionally will grow up raping ladies and assaulting them ..it is well
Well,that is the bitter truth. But just as Ty Bello grew past her bad experiences, they can also do the same if they are determined. A bad person would always be bad. Molested or not.
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by sharpwriter(m): 5:17pm On May 02, 2017
oviejnr:
Say no to child molestation or any form of abuse but why is that everyone will always have something to talk about after been successful. She should have cried for help, so the fool can be dealt with, why is she telling us now??

The women will talk of about rape and domestic violence and while their male counterpart will talk about how they hawk Tomatoes, plantain and Rat poison sad sad
Lolz
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 02, 2017
I was about joking with the issue.realised it would be insensitive and immature of me.
I don't want to think what I would do if a man molesy s my daughter
If I no kill am physically,I go kill am spiritually
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by sshalom(m): 5:52pm On May 02, 2017
It is sickening each time I read about sexual abuse. There are many sick people out there and it is the responsibility of parents (hmmm good ones) to adequately monitor and chaperon their children from this scourge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naomi Campbell And The Dream Catchers, Ikorodu Dance Kids Hang Out In Lagos / Prince Uzoegwu's Photos (Late Goldie's Stylist) / Tiwa Savage Performs At Her Elizabeth Elohor's Birthday Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.