Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout (27671 Views)

Kidnappers Killed In Shootout In Kaduna While Trying To Abduct Expatriates / Karowei, Militant Leader Arrested By Soldiers (PHOTO) / See The Face Of The Man Who Killed Notorious Militant Leader General Ossy Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by corpersforum(f): 12:57pm On May 02, 2017
Yesterday

Notorious Militant Leader, Ossy Ibori Killed In Ondo (Graphic Photo)
https://www.nairaland.com/3773189/notorious-militant-leader-ossy-ibori

Made Nairaland front page with Over 42, 500 views and still counting.... Then i asked yesterday that how i wish the Army can narrate how it all went. I really love reading stuffs like that and am sure some people will also love to read how the Operation was successful.
And then i stormed on this...... Read and imagine you are watching a Hollywood action story... You will enjoy this....

YENAGOA—Some members of a militant group that killed an army captain and two policemen at Ikorodu, Lagos State, last month, have been confirmed killed by troops of the Joint Task Force in the Niger Delta, code named Operation Delta Safe, Sunday night. The militants were reportedly gunned down in an attack on troops’ location around Ajakpa community in the creeks of Southern Ondo State, led by the gang leader, Ossy Ibori.

According to a statement by the Coordinator, Joint Media Campaign Centre, Operation Delta Safe, Major Abubakar Abdullahi, the gang leader, Ossy, was gunned down during the gun battle, along with some of his gang members. Abdullahi said the body of the gang leader was identified by some of the locals in the area, adding “search for other criminals, who jumped into the water with gunshot wounds, is ongoing as troops had recovered one AK-47 rifle and four magazines.”

The special security forces in the statement recalled that criminal gangs led by late Ossy Ibori have been terrorising parts of Lagos, Ogun and Ondo states prior to the operation. It said: “They committed many atrocities, threatening the peace and security of the general area. Last month, the gang killed an Army Captain and two policemen in Ikorodu. “Late last year they abducted students and staff of a secondary school. They also carried out several attacks at Ese-Odo around Ajakpa, Safarogbo and Balowo areas.”

JTF also confirmed the death of a soldier during the clash, with three others sustaining gunshot wounds and moved to military hospital. The statement said: “The need to flush them out from their hideout became necessary to ensure peace and security in Ondo State. Sadly in the process, one gallant soldier paid the supreme price, while three others sustained wounds.”

They have since been moved to military hospital for proper medical attention. “While the operation is ongoing, let me appeal to law-abiding residents of the affected communities to remain calm, vigilant and support our troops with valuable information on the whereabouts of other criminals.”

Lagos CP
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, confirmed the killing to newsmen yesterday, while identifying the suspect as OC. Owoseni said the incident was part of efforts to apprehend members of the gang and other criminals that had made lived miserable for Nigerians. He said that the gang retreated back to their base in Ijapa in Ondo State because they could no longer lay claim to the creeks in Isawo area, Ikorodu.

Also reacting, Ondo State Police command said Naval authorities have deployed gunboats and other security apparatus to the troubled areas. The command image maker, Femi Joseph, ýtold Vanguard that normalcy had returned to the riverine communities. Joseph appealed to residents to go about their duties as security agencies are determined to rid the southern senatorial district of the state of criminals. A very reliable source had disclosed that the deceased was lured out of the creeks, where he was hiding with others, by his girlfriend. The source added:

“Unknown to him that the military operatives had been monitoring their movement and activities. “As soon as he came out to meet his girlfriend, the soldiers were around him and as he tried to escape, he was gunned down.”

[Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/troops-kill-ossy-notorious-militant-leader-others-shootout/]

If You think Nigerian Military are Genius, Scream... God Bless Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by corpersforum(f): 1:03pm On May 02, 2017
But why gunned down? i think there should be an electric Gun or something like a Tranquilizer that could cripple for some hours.... and when he wakes up... he could have a vital information....

20 Likes

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by nNEOo(m): 1:06pm On May 02, 2017
the baby above me is a babe....with points ofcos grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by OVA200(m): 2:12pm On May 02, 2017
I always pity this soldiers because the country they put their life on the line for is a failure.

God bless Nigeria soldiers.

6 Likes

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by inspiralcay: 2:12pm On May 02, 2017
good for that idiot
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Greatigbos(f): 2:12pm On May 02, 2017
cool cool cool cool
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by chinawapz(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2017
kudos to them
check my signature if you love yourself
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 02, 2017
is the guy related to James Ibori?

2 Likes

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by OsuIbo: 2:15pm On May 02, 2017
Jetleee remember me telling you that the solution to the militant activities in coastal communities of Lagos and Ogun lies in a massive manhunt against these Ijaw militants right in their home stead at Ese-Odo in Ondo State.

Ossy Ibori, their ring leader has been liquidated. Mighty, his second in commander has also been killed. His other lieutenant: Amerika, Vika, and Stone will also be apprehended by God's grace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by DrGoodman: 2:16pm On May 02, 2017
Terrorism caused by hardship in the land.
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by cathyperry451: 2:17pm On May 02, 2017
grin cool
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 02, 2017
ok

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 02, 2017
God blsee the NA
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by austine4real(m): 2:20pm On May 02, 2017
grin
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by alsudaes1(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2017
chukwukahenry:
is the guy related to James Ibori?

Is there any familiar trait?
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 02, 2017
The guy failed to see his girl wasn't loyal. At the end of the day he had his hair shaved by Delilah like the mighty Samson in the bible. Interesting story.

2 Likes

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by vedaxcool(m): 2:29pm On May 02, 2017
Hope he likes his new abode.
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 02, 2017
corpersforum:
But why gunned down? i think there should be an electric Gun or something like a Tranquilizer that could cripple for some hours.... and when he wakes up... he could have a vital information....
The vital info could contain the names of some "untouchables" and you know what's gonna happen after that. Know what I mean?
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by nathdim: 2:52pm On May 02, 2017
corpersforum:
But why gunned down? i think there should be an electric Gun or something like a Tranquilizer that could cripple for some hours.... and when he wakes up... he could have a vital information.
dis one no better apb TV series by Fox

1 Like

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Onyenna(m): 3:12pm On May 02, 2017
This thread has been on FP since morning....and....comments ain't even up to a page yet... Kilode!?
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by zadok60: 3:12pm On May 02, 2017
modified

2 Likes

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by ayindejimmy(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2017
corpersforum:

Who wants to take that chance? Was he shooting with rubber bullets?
This is no game, it's the real thing

2 Likes

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Lilimax(f): 3:14pm On May 02, 2017
Good riddance to bad rubbish! embarassed
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by sainttwist1(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2017
seen
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by jericco1(m): 3:19pm On May 02, 2017
A lady will always be behind. You see?
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Onyenna(m): 3:21pm On May 02, 2017
nathdim:
dis one no better apb TV series by Fox
APB! I garrit on ma phone....Cool searies...
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by Believe7(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2017
guys d summary of d whole story is dat trust no woman..
#though we thank God for d girl frend sha..if not for her dat lured him out
crime does not pay a bit.
thumps up to d brave nigerian armies..
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by apeiron24(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2017
zadok60:

op stop posting what you know nothing about...I wouldn't have quoted you if I didn't know how everything started... I was aware of their attack before they even went for it.. This is a war between a betrayer called Bibor and the community...Bibor is a thug and was Oc best friend before govt assigned him as the head of securities in the community, those who are from there can testify to this.. He later turned against his own colleagues and started intimidating the full areas with his armed boys and the soldiers govt gave to him and harassing elderly people too..Oc was actually fighting for the peace of the community and govt turned the story up side down.. Go make confirmation very before posting anything please, and watch your head too...

Rest in Peace General OCEE...I loved you and still love you..We'll continue from where you stop and make sure we give you the head of Bibor,I promise you.

Understood sir
Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by EmekaBlue(m): 3:36pm On May 02, 2017
We cant b sure...can formulate story to cover d shame of a captain killed...

mayb just other creek boys but not d main guyz who shot at ikorodu

1 Like

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by currentbrands(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2017
JTF also confirmed the death of a soldier during the clash, with three others sustaining gunshot wounds and moved to military hospital. The statement said: “The need to flush them out from their hideout became necessary to ensure peace and security in Ondo State. “ Sadly in the process, one gallant soldier paid the supreme price, while three others sustained wounds.”

He paid the ultimate price for sovereignty....His family would be thrown out of the barracks like thrash, with every probability of not being paid his death benefits and gratuity.....THAT ENDS THE NEWS!!!
The living retirees a wallowing in great pain and poverty, and being owed years of unsettled allowances to people who spilled their blood for sovereignty, how much more those that die on active service.

What a shame on a Nigeria!!! sad sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout by aycorporat(m): 3:51pm On May 02, 2017
Are we sure this is not a case of "settlement gone awry"? I say this because most of this militants have friends even within the military circle as they operate even with protection from them. Like one of the posters above me said, that it was a clear case of betrayal, I am beginning to look at it from his own angle. Either ways, we have security agencies that should be saddled with the responsibility of security and not arming militants to do the job, who will turn around someday and become a menace to the society.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bolanle Raheem: Why Sanwo-Olu May Not Let ASP Vandi Die / Two Fake Soldiers Arrested For Robbing A Real Soldier / NDLEA Arrests 60-year-old Monarch With 12kg Of Cannabis In Nasarawa (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.