Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Fraud Alert! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraud Alert! (777 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / GLO All Purpose Data Pack Is A Fraud / Spectranet Is A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert! by letustalk(m): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
Hello all, this is to bring to your notice an event which i by today believe to be fraud by one OMOYELE OMINIRA who has the user name adudu208@gmail.com on nairaland. it happened that i saw a post by him of Dec 7, 2009 for an Iphone. He claims to reside in PHarcourt and we decided to do our transaction on pure trust. I credited his account to the sum of 50k on Monday, 4th January, 2010 as he said he had parceled the iphone through ups. That was the last day i heard from him till date. He claims he works with Diamond bank. That has been proved wrong as Diamond bank searched through their archive and said no one like that existed. Meanwhile, i have been to the bank i paid into, today and they have asked me to watch it till close of work for friday and that if the parcel doesnt show up, the bank will follow up on a letter which it said i will present monday morning. They promised they were going to use all legal means to get my money. For security reasons, i will not state the name of the bank since investigation will soon commence. Moreover, at UPS Courier service which he claimed to have used, they assured me to go on with remedial actions as no parcel was pending from Port Harcourt.
My main motive of putting up this alert is to make nairalanders beware of any similarities aforementioned and to inform me of any reasonable hint. Meanwhile, the bank has indicated that the police will work alongside there team once i am sure it has to be a fraud. Thanks all. I will be willing to answer any questions here. Lastly, his number till present is not available any longer. his number is supposed to be 08138945846. Pls any useful suggestion from the house is highly welcomed.
Re: Fraud Alert! by cantell(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
Trust my arse!
No be Naija you dey? Are you a foreigner?
All the same, sorry for ur loss.
Re: Fraud Alert! by letustalk(m): 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2010
I Know pal. But my view of life is that we can all make it a better place. You dont go on living your life distrusting. I know it is not safe as you may have to pay for it but what i believe is that ultimately the world can become a better place. I have personally helped some folks on nairaland eg concerning job search. Check out my ealier posts on nairaland. what has happened will not debar me from continuing good. this may not have been smart but the fella said there was no reason for distrust. well, i have not diminished to the glory of God. i will only be more careful in the future but i wont stop trusting people. suspicion at first sight in my philosophical view does not add but "dequalitates" this life. life is just too short.
Re: Fraud Alert! by dragnet: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2010
letustalk:

I Know pal. But my view of life is that we can all make it a better place. You dont go on living your life distrusting. I know it is not safe as you may have to pay for it but what i believe is that ultimately the world can become a better place. I have personally helped some folks on nairaland eg concerning job search. Check out my ealier posts on nairaland. what has happened will not debar me from continuing good. this may not have been smart but the fella said there was no reason for distrust. well, i have not diminished to the glory of God. i will only be more careful in the future but i wont stop trusting people. suspicion at first sight in my philosophical view does not add but "dequalitates" this life. life is just too short.

My kind of mentality. . . .but its a pity people dont live up. .
. . Lets hope it aint a fraud yet. . .did he send u pics of it ?
The Name you posted up there sounds funny n he might already be fore-armed for this & u shuld hope he got a loose end
Re: Fraud Alert! by letustalk(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2010
@DRAGNET
No, there were no pics. He however convinced me he used it for only few weeks before wrapping it up again since he had other phones. Even informed me one other guy on nairaland had paid for the N96, his second phone. As for his name, while the name may sound uncanny, that is his true name as it so bears in the bank. As per praying its not fraud, i can only wish and pray at this stage. For one though, the bank told me the sum in his account almost evaded a doubt of possible fraud but that would not stop investigation. Secondly, on the morning of monday, he called me that he had resumed at his office at Diamond bank port harcourt and that his wife was on her way to UPS. At that, i only felt what remained to be doubted again.
Re: Fraud Alert! by Dhotseal(m): 8:14am On Jan 08, 2010
Man, even as we all feel your pains,I will wish to point out that your philosophy of life will definitly guarantee you lots of pain.So I really hope u have a highly effective 'pain absorber'.
I will not,just because I want world peace make myself a target practice for those who love shooting. My point is, even though we all want a world we can be be free to trust,we cannot create that world by letting untrustworthy fellas make a 'sucker' out of us.
Goodluck in your search for justice,try making adjustments to ur philosophy of trust.
Adios!
Re: Fraud Alert! by smallboy2(m): 9:10am On Jan 09, 2010
Hello all, this is to bring to your notice an event which i by today believe to be fraud by one OMOYELE OMINIRA who has the user name adudu208@gmail.com on nairaland. it happened that i saw a post by him of Dec 7, 2009 for an Iphone. He claims to reside in PHarcourt and we decided to do our transaction on pure trust. I credited his account to the sum of 50k on Monday, 4th January, 2010 as he said he had parceled the iphone through ups. That was the last day i heard from him till date. He claims he works with Diamond bank. That has been proved wrong as Diamond bank searched through their archive and said no one like that existed. Meanwhile, i have been to the bank i paid into, today and they have asked me to watch it till close of work for friday and that if the parcel doesnt show up, the bank will follow up on a letter which it said i will present monday morning. They promised they were going to use all legal means to get my money. For security reasons, i will not state the name of the bank since investigation will soon commence. Moreover, at UPS Courier service which he claimed to have used, they assured me to go on with remedial actions as no parcel was pending from Port Harcourt.
My main motive of putting up this alert is to make nairalanders beware of any similarities aforementioned and to inform me of any reasonable hint. Meanwhile, the bank has indicated that the police will work alongside there team once i am sure it has to be a fraud. Thanks all. I will be willing to answer any questions here. Lastly, his number till present is not available any longer. his number is supposed to be 08138945846. Pls any useful suggestion from the house is highly welcomed.

Man you made a very big Mistake. You should have told the guy to traveled and come to your place at lagos since he is desparate to do business with you. Or you should have travelled to his place. He might have wanted to do the biz with trust but since he saw ur money first (Devil is wicked) he will seize ur money and iphone and be seduce not to send it.

I have done biz here on Naira land . I tell my clients to come and visit me or if they want me to come they should tell me there adress or send the transport fee first for me to come.

Man be carefull next time,

If you Need a laptop for free Just click the link bellow.
Re: Fraud Alert! by puskin: 10:51am On Jan 09, 2010
So people can still be this naive in the year 2010.

Unbelievable.
Re: Fraud Alert! by Kaybaba5(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2010
it is a pity man and God will catch him
Re: Fraud Alert! by soncomm(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2010
Guy, let ear about the final solution. That is Niger guys 4 U. They said seen is believing
Re: Fraud Alert! by mendomp: 12:52am On Jan 11, 2010
sorry for you loss man@ but like others said you were naive in trusting someone you didnt know, i dont live in nigeria, and i was home and sold a couple of iphones, and i definitely wouldnt trust anyone in this our usa sef, not to talk of in NIGERIA! people will try you, you just gotta stand your ground, well sorry once again, but hope you learnt your lesson! dont even trust the pope!
Re: Fraud Alert! by BossTtdiamonds(m): 3:37am On Jan 11, 2010
@poster, I just hope the branch doin' the investigation is the head office, Or a head branch, . . . . . . . .cuz if it aint,, U're as$ is seriously on the line, Dont ever underestimate what man can or cannot do. . . . ,

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Original Battery / Introducing The Affordable Brand New Htc, The Htc Chacha / Htc Pro7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.