Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate (2017 Views)

Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 5:22pm On May 02, 2017
I' m Anne, a Bsc and Msc graduate of Mass Communication based in Lagos. Ever since I completed my Msc program I thought getting a job would be made easy but I was totally wrong. I have applied to so many companies both in person and online but all efforts have proved abortive. Employers keep promising they would get back to me but they never will.
The only black shoe I have is already chipping off as a result of moving from one company to another. Yes Nigerians would say acquire a skill but one can only acquire a skill with ego ( money). If you asked me for the lowest denomination of money, I do not have to offer.
This situation is so frustrating as feeding has become a difficult thing for my family and I. I have taken crying to be a second hobbie as though that were the solution to getting a job. Sometimes, I just wonder the essence of getting a second degree if one cannot be employed with it. My story is a long one but let me stop here.

I am using this medium to appeal to the government, kind hearted Nairalanders, CEOs of Companies,HR managers, to please let the good Samaritan in them spring forth as God will immensely reward your kind gesture.

I will ensure I make a difference in any organisation that decides to explore my potentials.
I can be reached via this email; anneokobia@yahoo.com.
Thank you as I anticipate a favourable response.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Heavance(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2017
My sister if we start to talk ehn........
many if us are in need of help, we just hide the annoyance, may God see us through.

3 Likes

Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 6:23pm On May 02, 2017
Heavance:
My sister if we start to talk ehn........
many if us are in need of help, we just hide the annoyance, may God see us through.
Amen o.How long will one pretend all is well?
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by idee91: 6:45pm On May 02, 2017
Its lack of opportunities that is pushing many graduates in this country to start masters. With the right connection, consistent effort and prayers you'll get a job dear. The conne go soon view this thread grin

Mean while, get your hands busy. You don't need a huge capital to start something
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by AJVC(f): 8:12pm On May 02, 2017
My dear sister I feel your pain, I too am going through the same pain, I'm tired of crying, just feeling frustrated, but I believe God will see us through. He is my only hope.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by ZandaBright: 8:52pm On May 02, 2017
It's a pity.Many people are going through the same thing my sister and the worst is that the government does not care...don't give up..there is light at the end of the tunnel
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Krak(m): 10:37pm On May 02, 2017
I absolutely feel your pain because I am also living through similar situation at this moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 02, 2017
Best wishes
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Viccur(m): 7:37am On May 03, 2017
If Graduates are yet to be offered jobs what's the hope of thousands of undergraduates? Situations like this frustrate me to make me drop out. This country is 4ked up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Krak(m): 7:56am On May 03, 2017
Viccur:
If Graduates are yet to be offered jobs what's the hope of thousands of undergraduates? Situations like this frustrate me to make me drop out. This country is 4ked up

Don't drop out, education is good. Just prepare yourself for what might be.

1 Like

Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Viccur(m): 7:59am On May 03, 2017
Krak:

Don't drop out, education is good. Just prepare yourself for what might be.
yeah thanks
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 2:47pm On May 03, 2017
idee91:
Its lack of opportunities that is pushing many graduates in this country to start masters. With the right connection, consistent effort and prayers you'll get a job dear. The conne go soon view this thread grin

Mean while, get your hands busy. You don't need a huge capital to start something
Exactly, lack of opportunities push many to go for masters.Amen.thanx
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 7:27pm On May 03, 2017
Lalasticala and mods abeg help your sister push to front page.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Gerrard59(m): 5:28am On May 04, 2017
Anneej:
Lalasticala and mods abeg help your sister push to front page.

I can understand your plight.

For yours, I recommend Jarushub. There are certain skills (it will not cost more than 10K) one needs to possess during job hunting. You need them just as everyone prospective applicant will. No doubt, the country's economy is nothing good to tweet home about, but folks still get jobs and we do see testimonies here. Also, try following Ms Debbie's posts, good tidings are there. Most importantly, try the first recommendation. He's good at what he does.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 6:31am On May 04, 2017
We are in this together...My situation is not any different...In this side of the world,no connection,no job...I wake up everyday with a huge burden in my heart but I've decided not to be depressed...I'm still hopeful...I believe God will make everything beautiful in His own time...
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Krak(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2017
adebayooye:
We are in this together...My situation is not any different...In this side of the world,no connection,no job...I wake up everyday with a huge burden in my heart but I've decided not to be depressed...I'm still hopeful...I believe God will make everything beautiful in His own time...

Amen
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 8:37am On May 04, 2017
Gerrard59:

I can understand your plight.

For yours, I recommend Jarushub. There are certain skills (it will not cost more than 10K) one needs to possess during job hunting. You need them just as everyone prospective applicant will. No doubt, the country's economy is nothing good to tweet home about, but folks still get jobs and we do see testimonies here. Also, try following Ms Debbie's posts, good tidings are there. Most importantly, try the first recommendation. He's good at what he does.

Thank you sir,I follow madam Debbie's post but getting invites for interviews is a different ball game.

1 Like

Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 8:42am On May 04, 2017
adebayooye:

Why not share your experience? You might be lucky.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by BlueRayDick: 9:59am On May 04, 2017
Viccur:

Never think of dropping out, lest you regret in the future and curse the day the thought of dropping out crossed your mind.

You see as an undergraduate I nearly eat sand, though I was good academically but I was not just having enough cash at every point in time.

Fast forward to post-NYSC days without knowing anyone to influence jobs for me, I entered the street and hustled around from one interview to another. Less than 2 months after NYSC I got my dream job. Am glad I never dropped out or thought I would be like every other graduate out there after school. At times having a positive mind-set matters
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 10:27am On May 04, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Never think of dropping out, lest you regret in the future and curse the day the thought of dropping out crossed your mind.

You see as an undergraduate I nearly eat sand, though I was good academically but I was not just having enough cash at every point in time.

Fast forward to post-NYSC days without knowing anyone to influence jobs for me, I entered the street and hustled around from one interview to another. Less than 2 months after NYSC I got my dream job. Am glad I never dropped out or thought I would be like every other graduate out there after school. At times having a positive mind-set matters
Wow what a luck? Two months after Nysc? Count yourself lucky sir
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by BlueRayDick: 11:52am On May 04, 2017
Anneej:

Wow what a luck? Two months after Nysc? Count yourself lucky sir

I used to think I was lucky until someone told me its not luck but I should see myself as being blessed and not lucky.

That aside, concerning the topic I will advise you try and network/connect with your old school mates. If possible join their whatsapp group where you guys can reach out to each other. The reason for this advise is, most of them working might at one time or the other in the course of their work get info about some openings and believe me, the first person they will think of is those they still have their contact and interact with. I know its hard chatting up a friend who works while you are yet to get yours, but the truth is they might be the ones that will make the difference at the end of the day.

I have two friends who work in the same company today,they were not employed at the same time, It was the first guy who submitted the second guy's CV as soon as he got a scoop from the HR while at work. In fact he didn't inform the guy before submitting his CV. the second guy did well at the interview and joined him in the company and they are both doing fine now. All these was made possible cos we all still have a general whatsapp group we chat,gist, give each other business and drop info about openings in our respective organization.

The truth is, getting job in Nigeria is like a war, you need every weapon and artillery to win the war

1 Like

Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 12:13pm On May 04, 2017
Thank you for your advice, I appreciate.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by jinka(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2017
I feel your pain my dear, we all are surviving with d grace of God. imagine I was able to save about 100k during my nysc which I used most of it in acquiring different skills in order to standout among others, up till now no job yet and the worse part of it is dat am finding it difficult to transport myself to interview locations.
may God help us all
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 1:54pm On May 04, 2017
jinka:
I feel your pain my dear, we all are surviving with d grace of God. imagine I was able to save about 100k during my nysc which I used most of it in acquiring different skills in order to standout among others, up till now no job yet and the worse part of it is dat am finding it difficult to transport myself to interview locations.
may God help us all

Amen. Even with your skills no job yet.Why not share your experience?. So many graduates are suffering and smiling .
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by FRESH8: 9:35pm On May 04, 2017
Mods, Boss seun. Pls move this to the front page. This can really help many unemployed graduates. Not only OP. Pls do the needful.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by esecremz(f): 10:56pm On May 04, 2017
Anneej:
I' m Anne, a Bsc and Msc graduate of Mass Communication based in Lagos. Ever since I completed my Msc program I thought getting a job would be made easy but I was totally wrong. I have applied to so many companies both in person and online but all efforts have proved abortive. Employers keep promising they would get back to me but they never will.
The only black shoe I have is already chipping off as a result of moving from one company to another. Yes Nigerians would say acquire a skill but one can only acquire a skill with ego ( money). If you asked me for the lowest denomination of money, I do not have to offer.
This situation is so frustrating as feeding has become a difficult thing for my family and I. I have taken crying to be a second hobbie as though that were the solution to getting a job. Sometimes, I just wonder the essence of getting a second degree if one cannot be employed with it. My story is a long one but let me stop here.

I am using this medium to appeal to the government, kind hearted Nairalanders, CEOs of Companies,HR managers, to please let the good Samaritan in them spring forth as God will immensely reward your kind gesture.

I will ensure I make a difference in any organisation that decides to explore my potentials.
I can be reached via this email; anneokobia@yahoo.com.
Thank you as I anticipate a favourable response.
. Send your cv to ivoryireese@gmail.com . I don't have a job to give you, but i can look at your cv and give you tips on how to land a job. Then check http://jetrecruitmentng.com religiously and apply. You hv a better chance of getting a job via them if you are good. ( Based on observation as I do not work for them). Goodluvk
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by esecremz(f): 11:03pm On May 04, 2017
Also note that presentation and packaging is everything. Nowadays especially in SME , most times the most qualified don't get the job, you find out that the well packaged and well spoken candidate with average knowledge of the position gets the job. So always make sure you look your best when going for interviews. Recruiter want people who are presentable.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 6:26am On May 05, 2017
esecremz:
. Send your cv to ivoryireese@gmail.com . I don't have a job to give you, but i can look at your cv and give you tips on how to land a job. Then check http://jetrecruitmentng.com religiously and apply. You hv a better chance of getting a job via them if you are good. ( Based on observation as I do not work for them). Goodluvk

Thank you sir, I will do that right away.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 6:53am On May 05, 2017
esecremz:
Also note that presentation and packaging is everything. Nowadays especially in SME , most times the most qualified don't get the job, you find out that the well packaged and well spoken candidate with average knowledge of the position gets the job. So always make sure you look your best when going for interviews. Recruiter want people who are presentable.

OK Sir, thank you for the advice
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Vine4(m): 11:51am On May 05, 2017
Hmmm....what more can I say? Your not d only one dear.
I begin 2 wonder if we grduates can't see quality jobs 2 engage in, I wonder what the fate of Nigerian undergrduates and even posterity will be.
I think I need 2 quite this job hunting and start a business.
Re: Cry Of An Unemployed Graduate by Anneej: 12:54pm On May 05, 2017
[quote author=Vine4 post=56230889]Hmmm....what more can I say? Your not d only one dear.
I begin 2 wonder if we grduates can't see quality jobs 2 engage in, I wonder what the fate of Nigerian undergrduates and even posterity will be.
I think I need 2 quite this job hunting and start a business.

So sad.well, if you have the capital to start a business, it won't be a bad idea pending when you land a good job.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vancancies In A Reputable School In Lagos / HOSCON CADETS come in!!! / Entry Level Vacancies At Hobark International Limited (4 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.