Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access (18016 Views)

Poll: So whats the Verdict??

MTN: 56% (37 votes)
GLO: 43% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

What Is Wrong With Mtn 3g Internet? / Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable / Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2010
With a good 3G service MTN all the way folks, they are all location dependent.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by 212blaze(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

With a good 3G service MTN all the way folks, they are all location dependent.

for me in lagos, with good 3g its glo thats the best
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by edogram1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2010
MTN is a fraud,

when u are on 3g night plan you are allowed to load 100naira and use at day time outside 3G plan.
as low as that.

but now they chop any money u load outside the plan. so sad.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by Barry11: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
I have a cheat that will enable you to Browse free on any GSM network, if you are interested contact me on modela87@yahoo.com for further discussions
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by WarfyBoy(m): 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2010
i fink NiTEL is the best of them all
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by Dclique(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2010
You must be joking.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by dwisdom(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2010
I agree they are all location dependent, ie for me in kaduna right now, its only mtn that can give some kind of speed etc, in line with the thread heading i think what we can do is state the highest download speed you have experienced on mtn or glo, i havent used glo before but on mtn my highest consistent download speed experience was approx 280KB(kilobytes) per sec which is 2.2 mbps and these lasted all night that day. Whats the highest GLo speed anyone has experienced and how long did it last (the speed that is)?
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by chidyke77(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2010
i will be happy the day i will get up to 30kb/s in MTN or other GSM lines.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by gentlegg(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2010
Mtn is the fastest network I've ever seen in Nigeria but unfortunately the most fraudulent and wicked network providers. I have dumped them since their 3g limit. Very wicked company.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by smithman: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2010
MTN is da bomb bt highly fraudulent infact i think efcc shud go after them
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by olanabbey(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
i just bought MTN fastlink and the connection is really giving me problems.

i am at ijebu ode
it keeps flunctuating
wetin i fit do abi i don waste my money be that?
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by Philcool(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2010
gentlegg:

Mtn is the fastest network I've ever seen in Nigeria but unfortunately the most fraudulent and wicked network providers. I have dumped them since their 3g limit. Very wicked company.
I share your view. I have Glo, Zain and MTN SIM and I use them all for Data also. MTN is very good; it depends on the presence of 3G and also the tunnel or server one is linking thru to internet. Zain is not bad, Glo is very fine. Right now, in my location, there is no 3G on MTN but EDGE comes and goes. ZAIN maintains EDGE but Glo is 3G (though once in a while, it returns to 2G. You cn see that my xperience due to my location may not b ur xperience. I use my friend's MTN 3G Fastling modem which gives me 53.6kbps and once in a while if it cuts off and u reconnect, u may then have 230.6kbps (EDGE) but u will mainly have just GPRS. I cant even download, maybe due to my server link to the internet. I am using Free Link that is why but, I am looking forward to a good Samaritan that will put me on a good link so that I can do better than this and also download because others using MTN paid services are downloading but not up to 300 - 400kbps as other are downloading which I know it is true. With my present Freebrowsing condition, my download speed is about 1.9 - 6.2kbps which sometimes breaks off and I loose what I have downloaded so far. How frustrating. But it is somehow my own fault after you have read my own view. javascript:void(0);
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by JUO(m): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2010
I agree they are all location dependent, ie for me in kaduna right now, its only mtn that can give some kind of speed etc, in line with the thread heading i think what we can do is state the highest download speed you have experienced on mtn or glo, i havent used glo before but on mtn my highest consistent download speed experience was approx 280KB(kilobytes) per sec which is 2.2 mbps and these lasted all night that day. Whats the highest GLo speed anyone has experienced and how long did it last (the speed that is)?

you must be joking how come you get this speed when mtn is providing 115kbs, guy if u don't know ask u would be told. call 180 and confirm the speed ok
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2010
MTN is nonsense, I have been using the sh*t for over a year, I mean in Ondo, they are cheaters

Federal Govt should do something about them
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by latepa(m): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2010
Well MTN and GLO are trying but not good enough, to me they're all the same and STARCOMMS EVDO is not yet in my area,
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by xterra2(m): 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2010
I Use Both Starcomms iZap and Mtn Fastlink(3.5G) in Abuja

In the Fastlink i subscribed for night package from 10pm-5am and i have to say from 10 its fast(on average by 10 0.57mbps) but as time goes it gets faster i ever used 5.2mbps in one night,i downloaded 1 video from youtube 10 MB and it took just 3 seconds i was amazed i started watching videos on youtube in 5 seconds the bar in youtube video passed halfed i even streamed TV shows without lag,infact just like TV

Starcomms is fast but not faster than MTN,also i have Glo 3G but it dosent work(dont know why) but MTN is the BEST!!!!!!!!
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by DualCore1: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2010
Was getting ready to vex when i saw this
latepa:

Well[b] MTN[/b] and GLO are trying but not good enough, to me they're all the same

then. . . i just chilled when i saw this
latepa:

and STARCOMMS EVDO is not yet in my area,
For starcomms evdo not to dey, den e mean sey mtn 1G sef no go dey. tongue
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by rasputinn(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2010
Starcomms EVDO for me
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by kenador: 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2010
I USE A FREE SOFTWARE THAT HAS A DOWNLOAD SPEED OF 150-200KBPS, AND I AINT KIDDING! IT WORKS WITH MTN AND ITS NOT YOUR FREEDOM. WAY EASIER TO USE, NO SET UP AND MUCH BETTER. BEST OF ALL, ITS FREE, ! HOLLA ME FOR MORE INFO ON fool4free2002@yahoo.com,
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by DualCore1: 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2010
My 10 year old son knows about freegate tongue
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by etauso(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2010
STARCOMMS is da best. I have been using it in Calabar for over a year now and I have never had a down time.

Download speeds are always above 200kbps at any time of the day.

Cheers.

My Word.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by aieromon(m): 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2010
I can't wait for Etisalat 3G.Their EDGE services rock big time.
Em,back to the topic,i'll go for Glo
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by adetoru(f): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2010
glo,MTN,starcomms,were all giving me a bad headache,so I switched to dopc(direct on pc)it's faster in whatever location.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by Otuboy: 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2010
can any body help me with starcomm free browsing plz help me any body thankz,
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by dwisdom(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2010
@juo, u are d one erring, ur phone/modem might have a default speed setting when connected ie 53.6kpbs/115.3kbps/230kbps(kilobit per second) that doesnt mean thats going to be d limit/actual download speed , it could be more it could be less, for instance my mtn fastlink usb modem when connected displays 7.2mbps ( but like in my earlier post my max experience is 2.2mbps) .Hope its clear if still in doubt check out some posts by diff folks on NL who have screenshots of about d same status as i said, hey common, if u where right how come i was able to download 2whole nba full games of about 600mb in less than an hour. (at 115kbps, it would have taken me 2days lol) grin
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by DualCore1: 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2010
MTN's speed in the past few days has suffered. The reason is obvious. Cant call customer care to ask anything cuz dem go ask me which bundle i dey on and i dont have an answer to that question.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by aieromon(m): 12:05am On Jan 10, 2010
You got that right,serverboss cool
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by Triplee2(m): 12:30am On Jan 10, 2010
MTN 3G is the best for me. i have used it in lagos and kaduna and it reached a speed of 72kbps on my phone as moderm but i have seen it reach 150kpbs in my office. i have not used or seen anyone with glo.
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by ncpat(m): 2:06am On Jan 10, 2010
i`ve read many of your contribution on speed level and yet nobody has any proof of what speed he or she is currently browsing or downloading, guy this is the best way to know your speed,you may be connected to this various speed like 53.6kbps,115,kbps,234kbps,480kbps,921.6kbps,12mbps and etc but that does not state your speed of download as that speed you are seeing is like telling you that,that is the maximum speed the com-port of your phone can hold,it is like when you have 2 water pipes which one is 6cm in diameter and the other 12cm in diameter, now a low flow of water is passing through that tunnel and both pipes receives the water, at this point it will be difficult to tell if the big pipe is rushing more than the small but when the water level rises high you will now see that the big pipes consumes more volume of water and i will fill about 4 bucket before the smaller one can fill one. that is a case study of GPRS,EDGE AND 3G
Now to share more light for you to know your actual browsing and downloading speed, i will like you to install opera 10 and after the installation follow this steps for configuration,click on VIEW>>TOOLBARS>>CUSTOMISE, now on the window that pops out,thick ADDRESS BAR and STATUS BAR and on the PROGRESS BAR below,select POP OUT AT BOTTOM and click OK now browse to any site you will notice the real browsing speed written on the PROGRESS BAR and i belt you if you are in an area where you have EDGE what you will see will be counting up from 1.1kbps-6kbps, now try and download anything,once you click save,check the download bar and you will notice that the average speed is 8kbps, so guys the above is case study of ZAIN which i believe is the best here in GOMBE STATE, i have tried ETISALAT,MTN, but i have to stick to ZAIN i`am using a motorola V3 as a modem and it gives me a connected speed of 926.6 kbps and if plug into 2.0 usb port it gives me 12mbps connection so that is to tell you that those connection speed you get is the maximum available speed port on your modem and you can still go to modem properties in control panel to increase or reduce it connection speed but to the best of my knowledge zain downloading speed here in GOMBE  when subscribe for the pay service is average 8 kbps,
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by ncpat(m): 2:10am On Jan 10, 2010
I’ve read many of your contribution on speed level and yet nobody has any proof of what speed he or she is currently browsing or downloading, guy this is the best way to know your speed, you may be connected to this various speed like 53.6kbps,115,kbps,234kbps,480kbps,921.6kbps,12mbps and etc but that does not state your speed of download as that speed you are seeing is like telling you that, that is the maximum speed the com-port of your phone can hold, it is like when you have 2 water pipes which one is 6cm in diameter and the other 12cm in diameter, now a low flow of water is passing through that tunnel and both pipes receives the water, at this point it will be difficult to tell if the big pipe is rushing more than the small but when the water level rises high you will now see that the big pipes consumes more volume of water and i will fill about 4 bucket before the smaller one can fill one. that is a case study of GPRS,EDGE AND 3G
Now to share more light for you to know your actual browsing and downloading speed, i will like you to install opera 10 and after the installation follow this steps for configuration, click on VIEW>>TOOLBARS>>CUSTOMISE, now on the window that pops out, thick ADDRESS BAR and STATUS BAR and on the PROGRESS BAR below, select POP OUT AT BOTTOM and click OK now browse to any site you will notice the real browsing speed written on the PROGRESS BAR and i belt you if you are in an area where you have EDGE what you will see will be counting up from 1.1kbps-6kbps, now try and download anything, once you click save, check the download bar and you will notice that the average speed is 8kbps, so guys the above is case study of ZAIN which I believe is the best here in GOMBE STATE, I have tried ETISALAT,MTN, but i have to stick to ZAIN I’m using a Motorola V3 as a modem and it gives me a connected speed of 926.6 kbps and if plug into 2.0 usb port it gives me 12mbps connection so that is to tell you that those connection speed you get is the maximum available speed port on your modem and you can still go to modem properties in control panel to increase or reduce it connection speed but to the best of my knowledge zain downloading speed here in GOMBE when subscribe for the pay service is average 8 kbps,
Re: MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access by ncpat(m): 2:26am On Jan 10, 2010
I’ve read many of your contribution on speed level and yet nobody has any proof of what speed he or she is currently browsing or downloading, guy this is the best way to know your speed, you may be connected to this various speed like 53.6kbps,115,kbps,234kbps,480kbps,921.6kbps,12mbps and etc but that does not state your speed of download as that speed you are seeing is like telling you that, that is the maximum speed the com-port of your phone can hold, it is like when you have 2 water pipes which one is 6cm in diameter and the other 12cm in diameter, now a low flow of water is passing through that tunnel and both pipes receives the water, at this point it will be difficult to tell if the big pipe is rushing more than the small but when the water level rises high you will now see that the big pipes consumes more volume of water and i will fill about 4 bucket before the smaller one can fill one. that is a case study of GPRS,EDGE AND 3G
Now to share more light for you to know your actual browsing and downloading speed, i will like you to install opera 10 and after the installation follow this steps for configuration, click on VIEW>>TOOLBARS>>CUSTOMISE, now on the window that pops out, thick ADDRESS BAR and STATUS BAR and on the PROGRESS BAR below, select POP OUT AT BOTTOM and click OK now browse to any site you will notice the real browsing speed written on the PROGRESS BAR and i belt you if you are in an area where you have EDGE what you will see will be counting up from 1.1kbps-6kbps, now try and download anything, once you click save, check the download bar and you will notice that the average speed is 8kbps, so guys the above is case study of ZAIN which I believe is the best here in GOMBE STATE, I have tried ETISALAT,MTN, but i have to stick to ZAIN I’m using a Motorola V3 as a modem and it gives me a connected speed of 926.6 kbps and if plug into 2.0 usb port it gives me 12mbps connection so that is to tell you that those connection speed you get is the maximum available speed port on your modem and you can still go to modem properties in control panel to increase or reduce it connection speed but to the best of my knowledge zain downloading speed here in GOMBE when subscribe for the pay service is average 8 kbps,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahclick Internet Service / How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer And Drives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.