Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

A True Life Ordeal On How A Young Nigerian Was Deformed By The Navy. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A True Life Ordeal On How A Young Nigerian Was Deformed By The Navy. (351 Views)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / 10 Young Nigerian Poets You Should Be Reading In 2017. / May, 2004 (a True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A True Life Ordeal On How A Young Nigerian Was Deformed By The Navy. by SynCityNg: 10:16pm On May 02, 2017
Amidst all the sleepless nights, and the physical training, I was strong, not until initiation night.

We were pinning our heads to the ground when one instructor came around and randomly flogged everyone in turns. His wayward whip stung the side of my belly. I tried to let out a cry but felt a lump in my throat; no sound came. I was writhing in pain. I tried to maintain my position but after a few seconds, I fell to the ground like a log of wood.

He gave me another jab to keep me down and I could hear his muffled voice shouting “Trainee, stand up!”. I tried to stand but I couldn’t.

He dragged me out of the line, my belly scratching and my limbs threatening to jump out of their sockets. He stopped dragging when he noticed I was no longer struggling. Life threatened to... Syncityng.com (under series and stories)

(1) (Reply)

School Aint Success / A New Nigeria / Don't Be Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.