Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? (4298 Views)

What Is Mortgage Closing Disclosure? What Happens After Closing Disclosure? / WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A GREAT CRYPTO RECESSION? PATH TO RECOVERY / New £10 Note Security Features, What Happens After The Deadline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 10:56pm On May 02, 2017
I have been thinking of the aftermath of this event, when all the 21 million btc that would ever exist are been fully mined. What would be the implication?, what would happen to miners that have spent so much on acquiring minning hardwares, and on cloud minning hashpower ?.. the resultant effect on transaction cost, etc.. Please let's share our opinions ..
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Opinedecandid(m): 12:02am On May 03, 2017
They will diversify to tbc and others. My take.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by itasakpa: 1:34am On May 03, 2017
it will become priceless
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 7:15am On May 03, 2017
Opinedecandid:
They will diversify to tbc and others. My take.

I think diversion may be easier for hardware miners, but would cloud minning companies allow diversion of already bought hashpower to other cryptos ?
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 12:24pm On May 04, 2017
itasakpa:
it will become priceless

U mean the price will explode
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 1:52pm On May 04, 2017
Crpto savvy folks, please let's hear your opinion & thought
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by 69MissedCalls(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2017
Since the demand for Btc is high, the price will skyrocket to say $200,000 per coin. The ultimate price of Btc is $1m per coin. Sounds crazy but its the fact. Again, everything depends on demand. The way things are going, bitcoin isn't gonna come down. Buy now. No matter how small
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Sunnyja: 7:37pm On May 04, 2017
69MissedCalls:
Since the demand for Btc is high, the price will skyrocket to say $200,000 per coin. The ultimate price of Btc is $1m per coin. Sounds crazy but its the fact. Again, everything depends on demand. The way things are going, bitcoin isn't gonna come down. Buy now. No matter how small
Everything depends on demand. True talk, but don't forget that there was a time btc was in the range of $1,600. There are predictions that the price of btc will fall in future as more and more coins [not necessarily btc] enters the crypto market.
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 8:20pm On May 04, 2017
69MissedCalls:

U r right... I suggest one needs to be very vigilant with the market trend. However I see btc closing the year @ around $2500 .
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 8:28pm On May 04, 2017
Sunnyja:
Everything depends on demand. True talk, but don't forget that there was a time btc was in the range of $1,600. There are predictions that the price of btc will fall in future as more and more coins [not necessarily btc] enters the crypto market.

Btc usage is gaining recognition and its spreading like wild fire these days, also it has never been hacked, unlike other altcoins that has been hacked in the past.. I think that makes it most sought after among others & I see the price not going down anytime soon, it's closest competitor ether is also a good one to hold
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by 69MissedCalls(m): 12:16am On May 05, 2017
Sunnyja:

Yes. Every market goes through a correction phase were prices fall for a while. Most of the coins in the crypto market are pump and dump schemes. There is no real investment in them. They are made to enrich the owners and who ever has enough money to pump it. Some countries like Japan have adopted Btc as a second currency. Part of the reason why its at $1,500. Apart from ETH, LTC the rest are P & d
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 10:54am On May 05, 2017
69MissedCalls:

Yes. Every market goes through a correction phase were prices fall for a while. Most of the coins in the crypto market are pump and dump schemes. There is no real investment in them. They are made to enrich the owners and who ever has enough money to pump it. Some countries like Japan have adopted Btc as a second currency. Part of the reason why its at $1,500. Apart from ETH, LTC the rest are P & d

Even Eth is now over $100 as at last night.. Could it be the real value or "pump and dump" as well?
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Nhancie98(f): 11:16am On May 05, 2017
Buy your Tbc and Btc at affordable prices
Whatsapp or call 08185193918
Tested and trusted
#digital currencies
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by 69MissedCalls(m): 12:24am On May 06, 2017
techtayo:

Even Eth is now over $100 as at last night.. Could it be the real value or "pump and dump" as well?

Many factors contributed to its rise but mainly because of the "etherum etf" talks. Any coin can be pumped tho. U just need the money to do it. U can pump an altcoin with just $1,000 whereas u will need hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars to pump established coins like btc or eth
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Sunnyja: 9:36am On May 06, 2017
69MissedCalls:

There is sense in your analyses, for now the btc might not be the p and d as you call it hence the price movement. But ask yourself, was the btc actually met for everybody? If yes how do you think that a 21million coins after all have been mined will eventually cater for a world pollution of over 6billion people. This is what most people are not concern with, everybody is just after the price. This inherent weakness alone will plunge the price of btc since there is a FINITE NUMBER OF BTC to be mined and to be held by a finite number, a new crtpto currency that will take care of this weakness is in the offing soon. Paper money era is going away fast and very soon the entire world including Naija will go crpto,
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 1:59pm On May 07, 2017
Sunnyja:
There is sense in your analyses, for now the btc might not be the p and d as you call it hence the price movement. But ask yourself, was the btc actually met for everybody? If yes how do you think that a 21million coins after all have been mined will eventually cater for a world pollution of over 6billion people. This is what most people are not concern with, everybody is just after the price. This inherent weakness alone will plunge the price of btc since there is a FINITE NUMBER OF BTC to be mined and to be held by a finite number, a new crtpto currency that will take care of this weakness is in the offing soon. Paper money era is going away fast and very soon the entire world including Naija will go crpto,

Have u forgotten the divisibility of bitcoin?, remember one bitcoin = 100,000,000 satoshi. That means all the 21 million bitcoin X 100,000,000 = 2,100,000,000,000,000 satoshi for the over 6 billion people of the world. Thats way good enough even as the population increases, however it's not as if the coins would be evenly distributed among every person just exactly as fiat isn't. The finite number of btc u call its weakness, I think this is the very reason that will make the price skyrocket except there comes another crypto with more advanced technology and more features better than btc, but definitely not because of its limited quantity
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Sunnyja: 2:28pm On May 07, 2017
techtayo:

Have u forgotten the divisibility of bitcoin?, remember one bitcoin = 100,000,000 satoshi. That means all the 21 million bitcoin X 100,000,000 = 2,100,000,000,000,000 satoshi for the over 6 billion people of the world. Thats way good enough even as the population increases, however it's not as if the coins would be evenly distributed among every person just exactly as fiat isn't. The finite number of btc u call its weakness, I think this is the very reason that will make the price skyrocket except there comes another crypto with more advanced technology and more features better than btc, but definitely not because of its limited quantity
Certainly, experts have study the weakness of the bitcoin and a new crypto currency is the offing that will be lunched few years from now.
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 9:02am On May 10, 2017
Btc hits $1750, and still swoaring.. Am not surprised anyway
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
One Btc equals US$2,450 as @ today and still counting.. Still not surprised
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
Since, I created this post in 2017 ... we have had several mindsets , analysis , predictions , all from different perspectives. I think it's a good time to review our positions assessing the events of this crypto since the last two years...
1 btc stands at US$10,660 as at today ... what do we say?
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by donefezy: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2019
techtayo:
Since, I created this post in 2017 ... we have had several mindsets , analysis , predictions , all from different perspectives. I think it's a good time to review our positions assessing the events of this crypto since the last two years...
1 btc stands at US$10,660 as at today ... what do we say?

First of all, our generation won't get to see all bitcoin mined. Even when all bitcoin is mined, miners will still continue to mine btc as they will continue to receive profit from transaction fees. As at today's current price, we are just in the beginning of a new trend. I see bitcoin reaching a new all time high of $100,000+ few years from now.
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by luvluvluv: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
Good point....

I have been in crypto since 2016. I sold my first Btc at $600 and saw ethereum moved from $2 to $1400.

Btc halving is may next year which will make it the third halving since 2010. If price goes in similar direction as previous halvings then Btc could close above $100k in 2020. In 2012, price jumped from $6 to $120. In 2016, it moved from 3200 to around $19800(late 2017) meaning every halving has had at least 600% in price jump. Remember in those days there were virtually no institutions in the game plus there was no single usecase in xrypro. Today the game is much different.

Talk about the US/China trade war which currently threatens usd. Russia almost converting all her asset to Btc too. And then major institutions like fidelity, bakkt, ledger X etc

We are among first movers of this market and currency revolution. Whoever has the opportunity should buy a little and store.

I will be back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by NairalandAngel(m): 6:59am On Aug 14, 2019
This crypto thing is an elaborate scam
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by luvluvluv: 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
NairalandAngel:

Seek serious advice
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2019
NairalandAngel:

Tell that to the fortune 500/companies involved

undecided

Or tell. The CEO. Of Binance

Make people dey comment on fields that they know. undecided
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by NairalandAngel(m): 12:52am On Aug 18, 2019
luvluvluv:

Seek serious advice

I stand by what I say Crypto is a scam!
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by NairalandAngel(m): 12:53am On Aug 18, 2019
maybachmusic:

Tell that to the fortune 500/companies involved

undecided

Or tell. The CEO. Of Binance

Make people dey comment on fields that they know. undecided

That you may have made money from it still does not change the fact that crypto is a scam!
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author=NairalandAngel post=81352918][/quote]

Your opinion does not matter to the industry

Goodluck
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by NairalandAngel(m): 5:11am On Aug 18, 2019
maybachmusic:

Your opinion does not matter to the industry

Goodluck

It matters to people who are considering joining the stupid scam industry grin
Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2019
NairalandAngel:

It matters to people who are considering joining the stupid scam industry grin

Like I said . your opinion does not matter. No one needs it

whats your profile before they can listen to you?

Fortune 500 companies dey talk one unknown guy dey form advisor

All these ignorant people feeling funky
park jare
undecided

Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by techtayo: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2019
NairalandAngel:

I stand by what I say Crypto is a scam!

Are you also saying the Libra from the legendary FACEBOOK, who also got inspired by bitcoin (the grand father of all cryptos) is also a scam?

If yes is your answer, then what you are saying is that everything you have ever done as regards to Internet, in short the entirety of the advent of Internet is a scam..

Is this really your opinion that you claim to stand by?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens After All 21million Btc Are Completely Mined? by NairalandAngel(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2019
maybachmusic:

Like I said . your opinion does not matter. No one needs it

whats your profile before they can listen to you?

Fortune 500 companies dey talk one unknown guy dey form advisor

All these ignorant people feeling funky
park jare
undecided

If crypto is such a bright idea then why is it that all the developed economies have not adopted it a legal tender or replacement for fiat money.

You want to have a glimpse of my profile - I was a manager in a Big 4 professional services firm and later Chief Financial Officer of a multinational company with head office in an European country.

I'm very sure if I decide to 'stand still' ten years will not be enough for you to get to the level I have achieved!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maxwell Lands In Paris To Flex Our Money / Next-generation Of Millionaires / Investment One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.