Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD (4630 Views)

HP Compaq Presario CQ40 INTEL Dual Core / Hp 250 Intel Celeron 2.2ghz,320gb/4gb/dvdrw/wifi/bluth@50k / HP 250 Laptop Intel Celeron Dual Core/4gb Ram/320gb — N60k (Giveaway Price) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by olahandsome(m): 11:19pm On May 02, 2017
Hey nairalanders, which is best between Intel celeron, Intel dual core and AMD. Planning on getting a laptop and I need your advice.
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by dragnet: 11:58pm On May 02, 2017
intel dual core is better than intel celeron.
I can't tell you where the AMD will stand till I know which type of AMD, It may be better than both intels or not.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by CookieBrown: 1:57am On May 03, 2017
Hello there,

It all depends on the architecture of the processor, it's Cache and speed. For instance, are you looking to get an Intel at 2.3 GHZ or AMD with 4 cores at 3.0 GHZ and so on? In this current era, I strongly advise you opt for the Intel i Core (i3, i5, or i7) model for top performance.
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by olahandsome(m): 9:48am On May 03, 2017
CookieBrown:
Hello there,

It all depends on the architecture of the processor, it's Cache and speed. For instance, are you looking to get an Intel at 2.3 GHZ or AMD with 4 cores at 3.0 GHZ and so on? In this current era, I strongly advise you opt for the Intel i Core (i3, i5, or i7) model for top performance.

I would love to get a core i3, i5 or i7. But financial constraint is the issue that's why I going for lower processor. I am thinking of getting 1.8GHZ AMD or DUAL CORE
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by olahandsome(m): 9:53am On May 03, 2017
dragnet:
intel dual core is better than intel celeron.
I can't tell you where the AMD will stand till I know which type of AMD, It may be better than both intels or not.
Thank you. Does AMD heat up fast? I heard something like that.
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by dragnet: 10:50am On May 03, 2017
olahandsome:

Thank you. Does AMD heat up fast? I heard something like that.

Every processor heats up, even if amd is said to do that more, what matters is if the cooling system is working as it should.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by Avast(m): 11:23am On May 03, 2017
If you are interested, I have a laptop to sell. 09055345064
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by CookieBrown: 1:16pm On May 03, 2017
olahandsome:

I would love to get a core i3, i5 or i7. But financial constraint is the issue that's why I going for lower processor. I am thinking of getting 1.8GHZ AMD or DUAL CORE

Hello again,

and sorry for the financial constraint. In this situation then, I advise you go for a Dual core (Intel Pentium or AMD) with nothing less than 2.0 GHz. Stay away from Celeron, please.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by Avast(m): 1:55pm On May 03, 2017
I have Acer aspire E1-531. Intel dual core 2.2GHz
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by geni340(f): 2:30pm On May 04, 2017
CookieBrown:

Hello again,

and sorry for the financial constraint. In this situation then, I advise you go for a Dual core (Intel Pentium or AMD) with nothing less than 2.0 GHz. Stay away from Celeron, please.

Regards.
pls wats so bad bout celeron?
am using intel celeron @2.16GHz...
is there somfin i need to knw?
i plan on changing my pc soon
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by CookieBrown: 3:49pm On May 04, 2017
geni340:

pls wats so bad bout celeron?
am using intel celeron @2.16GHz...
is there somfin i need to knw?
i plan on changing my pc soon

Intel Celeron is at the bottom in terms of performance. It has a low cache, overheats fast and processes multi-tasks at a slow rate. There is a reason why Laptops, new or old running Celeron are cheap. However, if the financial constraint is that bad, then, by all means, go for it but don't expect much.

BR.
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by femarse: 11:24pm On May 04, 2017
CookieBrown:

Intel Celeron is at the bottom in terms of performance. It has a low cache, overheats fast and processes multi-tasks at a slow rate. There is a reason why Laptops, new or old running Celeron are cheap. However, if the financial constraint is that bad, then, by all means, go for it but don't expect much.

BR.
I know. Intel Celeron are budget processor but the way u bad mouth the thing people will think it's a very bad processor as a matter of fact many of this laptop buyers don't need the power u are recommending for them I have a Celeron n2830 bought it brand new 500gighdd 4 gig ram and there is no software I have not run on it only thing is it can't play majority of this top games but the good news is I don't play games the battery last six hours on a single charge and I mean that I run GIMP, dream Weaver , core draw, netbeans, wampserver ...etc and all other things I need a computer for I browse the net stream video and it comes with window 8,1 if I want to start playing game I will buy a ps3 or ps4 if I can afford that majority of those that make noise of the core i series suffer short battery life and heat and worst thing is they are not doing anything useful with that power just watching film and playing game
note
Celeron are super cool my laptop can go 3hrs before the fan kick in and they are low power meaning their battery last long
and they don't heat up as suggested by this poster , dual core processor is more powerful than Celeron but it comes with shorter battery life and more heat , it is the truth I am telling u
if u are not playing those heavy game and u need a laptop to do what computer does then Celeron is also a good match
I use it everyday so I know what I am saying

as for AMD , if u experience how a cool a Celeron can be when working so far u don't overload the system then u will never be tempted to by any AMD product no matter the story they tell you , the thing is super hot cos while I can watch a 2 hr film with my laptop on my lap I can not try that with AMD my lap will be fried before we reach the end
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by Avast(m): 7:29am On May 05, 2017
Avast:
If you are interested, I have a laptop to sell. 09055345064
Avast:
I have Acer aspire E1-531. Intel dual core 2.2GHz
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 07, 2017
That's why I always ask buyer what they intend to use the laptop for and their budget before telling them the type that is best for the job...

Nothing is wrong with Intel celeron, AMD or the dual core, it all depends on what you want to use it for,they offer good performance.
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by dublinkmy6: 5:19pm On May 08, 2017
femarse:

I know. Intel Celeron are budget processor but the way u bad mouth the thing people will think it's a very bad processor as a matter of fact many of this laptop buyers don't need the power u are recommending for them I have a Celeron n2830 bought it brand new 500gighdd 4 gig ram and there is no software I have not run on it only thing is it can't play majority of this top games but the good news is I don't play games the battery last six hours on a single charge and I mean that I run GIMP, dream Weaver , core draw, netbeans, wampserver ...etc and all other things I need a computer for I browse the net stream video and it comes with window 8,1 if I want to start playing game I will buy a ps3 or ps4 if I can afford that majority of those that make noise of the core i series suffer short battery life and heat and worst thing is they are not doing anything useful with that power just watching film and playing game
note
Celeron are super cool my laptop can go 3hrs before the fan kick in and they are low power meaning their battery last long
and they don't heat up as suggested by this poster , dual core processor is more powerful than Celeron but it comes with shorter battery life and more heat , it is the truth I am telling u
if u are not playing those heavy game and u need a laptop to do what computer does then Celeron is also a good match

as for AMD , if u experience how a cool a Celeron can be when working so far u don't overload the system then u will never be tempted to by any AMD product no matter the story they tell you , the thing is super hot cos while I can watch a 2 hr film with my laptop on my lap I can not try that with AMD my lap will be fried before we reach the end
Please how much is the new and fairly used celeron?
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by femarse: 7:53pm On May 08, 2017
dublinkmy6:

Please how much is the new and fairly used celeron?

you will get a new celeron for 110 - 120k range while the used one is around 40k depending on how clean it is

however u should note that celeron are not good for gaming if gaming is what you crave for(with exception to 3d games like chicken invader asphalt 8 and games like that even gta liberty city thou its an old game run well on it) but as for other app that u can mention i have run it all and i am still runing them from photoshop to gimp to corel draw to netbeans to dreamweaver to microsoft office and the battery last like die maybe its because i bought it brand new thou
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by wizgrin(m): 8:26am On May 09, 2017
Bro I just want u to see AMD as aba laptop grin
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by suso(m): 10:41am On May 10, 2017
udemzy101:
That's why I always ask buyer what they intend to use the laptop for and their budget before telling them the type that is best for the job...

Nothing is wrong with Intel celeron, AMD or the dual core, it all depends on what you want to use it for,they offer good performance.

I wanna start some digital jobs like graphics design
Web programming and editing
Which kind of system should I go for
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by femarse: 12:38pm On May 10, 2017
suso:

I wanna start some digital jobs like graphics design Web programming and editing Which kind of system should I go for
for business ?? get a core i3 or i5
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 10, 2017
suso:

I wanna start some digital jobs like graphics design
Web programming and editing
Which kind of system should I go for

Anh system with a dedicated graphic, that will do the job and St least 8gb RAM. Core i5-core i7
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by olahandsome(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
Thanks guys. Finally got the system. Got Acer aspire e15. Pentium dual core. Not what I intended but what my budget could cater for. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by SUGARSON(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
femarse:

note

WHAT IF I WANT TO USE IT FOR PROGRAMMING, WILL CELERON BE RIGHT FOR IT?
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by femarse: 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
SUGARSON:

WHAT IF I WANT TO USE IT FOR PROGRAMMING, WILL CELERON BE RIGHT FOR IT?

any system I repeat any system can be use for programming
with programming what u are doing is writing piece of code on one dark theme template be it vim, notepad ++ netbeans, eclipse etc all system can do it no matter the processor inside
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by Mrlouis: 1:09am On Jul 10, 2017
femarse:

note

Honestly I thought u were a computer geek but when I read the last paragraph of your post where u bashed AMD processors talking about overheating, i knew u weren't one..for u see, the only AMD processors that had that such problem were older series...as a matter of fact, a more recent line of CPU's, for instance the AMD APU series ( Accelerated processing Unit) run as smooth as silk. On my rig, I use an AMD A10-6800k Richland clocked at 4.1Ghz with turbo 4.4Ghz. Besides its speed, Its graphics capabilities is top notch that a core i-5 wouldn't dream of. So Next time try n' get ur facts right son.
Re: Please Which Is Best Between Intel Celeron, Intel Dual Core And AMD by femarse: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2017
Mrlouis:

Honestly I thought u were a computer geek but when I read the last paragraph of your post where u bashed AMD processors talking about overheating, i knew u weren't one..for u see, the only AMD processors that had that such problem were older series...as a matter of fact, a more recent line of CPU's, for instance the AMD APU series ( Accelerated processing Unit) run as smooth as silk. On my rig, I use an AMD A10-6800k Richland clocked at 4.1Ghz with turbo 4.4Ghz. Besides its speed, Its graphics capabilities is top notch that a core i-5 wouldn't dream of. So Next time try n' get ur facts right son.

easy peasy don't be so quick to condemned the truth is I have not tried any of the new series AMD processor but the one I tried In time past is enough for me not to go near their product again
I am telling to God the AMD laptop I used back then can boil water
it was a brand new Acer laptop and the thing can get hot like mad within minutes of using it it was a breath of relief when I sold it and got an Intel
but since then I have stay clear of anything called AMD people say it's now fine and moderate but wild horse have not drag me back into verifying that claim

(1) (Reply)

FRESH US USED DELL INSPIRON 5559 — SOLD / Mint Condition US Used Laptops / Etisalat E1550 Modem Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.