Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot (1516 Views)

Na Wa O! Man Won Over N3 Million With Just N500 On A Betting Website. Na Jazz? / Get Daily Sport Betting Tips Here Free / Pictured: This Incredible Man Won ₦800million In Sports Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by ibson99(m): 6:44am On May 03, 2017
A lucky Kenyan has won the Sh221 million Sportpesa mega jackpot. The winner, who will be unveiled today in a red-carpet ceremony at the Carnivore Restaurant in Nairobi, won the mega jackpot after correctly predicting all the 17 games.

PAYING SALARIES

With Victor Wanyama earning Sh1 million daily at English Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur, the amount can pay his salary for seven months and 11 days, while it can finance Michael Olunga's salary at Chinese Super league side Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng for 18 months.

Olunga earns Sh12 million a month.

Interestingly, the winner can also finance the prize money in three of the World Marathon Majors richest races -- Boston (Sh71.3 million), Chicago (Sh76 million) and New York (Sh53.9 million) -- and still remain with Sh20 million.

Alternatively, he can pay the World Marathon Majors jackpot for two seasons and remain with Sh21 million.

What Kenya's Mary Keitany earned when she broke the women's marathon record with victory in London in a new time of 2:17:01 on April 23 is just a fraction of the jackpot.

Yesterday, Sportpesa said the winner placed Sh200 on two mega jackpot picks of Sh100 each and by the time the company called him, he had realized that he had won and was already celebrating.

"The consumer had realised that something monumental was in the offing as soon as the French top flight Ligue 1 clash between Dijon FCO at home to Bordeaux ended 0-0 as they had predicted," Sportpesa said in a statement.

The winner, having been assured of a big windfall, left home to join his best friend at a joint in the outskirts of Nairobi before the last two games of the week's jackpot -- the North London derby pitting Tottenham Hotspur against Arsenal and the Italian Serie A clash between Inter Milan and Napoli -- were played.

"The consumer said he met his friend with whom they bet and as they were discussing what to do with the millions a call came through," Sportpesa said.

After Sportpesa's announcement about the Sh221,301,602 win on social media, some Kenyans said the win had encouraged them to venture into sports betting.

Some Twitter users even went ahead to give a breakdown of what the amount can do in Kenya, with some of them predicting how the winner's life would change.

credits: http://www.afriforum.net/330/kenyan-man-won-21m-sport-betting-jackpot

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by ogobaby23(f): 6:47am On May 03, 2017
Very lucky man. Use it wisely though cos money slow to enter...
Re: Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by Afonjashapmouth: 6:48am On May 03, 2017
Anyways their most thriving business is real estate and malls... Make he go build one before him go drown himself.inside shayo
Re: Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by ibson99(m): 7:01am On May 03, 2017
ogobaby23:
Very lucky man. Use it wisely though cos money slow to enter...
babe you got a fine looking body.
Re: Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by mespusinglez(m): 7:06am On May 03, 2017
Life Na Turn By Turn
Tomorrow Will Be Me
Re: Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by pizzylee(m): 7:25am On May 03, 2017
DTS a lot of money
Re: Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by ogobaby23(f): 8:20am On May 03, 2017
ibson99:
babe you got a fine looking body.
thanks. I have my sweet mother to thank for that
Re: Kenyan Man Won $2.1m Sport Betting Jackpot by ibson99(m): 4:44pm On May 03, 2017
mespusinglez:
Life Na Turn By Turn
Tomorrow Will Be Me
if you want that to be you stop gambling. you cant beat the house

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Interested!!! / "I Never Left, I Just Upgraded My Number" Ibrahimović‏ Shows Off His New Jersey / CNN Reported That Ayala Estimated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.