Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. (3021 Views)

Women.their Own Worst Enemies. / Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2010
When u see a bunch of crabs an open basket in the market, ever wonder how no can manage to escape?? well that is because weneva one is about to reach the top to escape, another will pull it down. this is exactly the way we black folks keep ourselves in this 'basket' of backwardness. we constantly pull each other down, tearing each others destinies with our own hands. we are never together but always apart. white folks defend and stick to each other, so do asian folks but we blacks are out to destroy our own. this is why we are so easily manipulated by the western world. that is why we are always behind and never progressing. our economy is destroyed by corruption due to our own selfishness and greed.

we need to stick together. lets realise that T-E-A-M = TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by DAVE5(m): 1:13am On Feb 04, 2010
i feel u poster
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:33am On Feb 04, 2010
I FEEL YOU GIRL!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
The more I see people raise this kind of issue, the funnier it gets. . . Simply, who really cares?
Also, what you said about white folks and Asians sticking together and defending each other isn't true.
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by agathamari(f): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2010
^^ i think what he is talking about is how most whites/asians dont conspire how to get thier friend fired or break up thier relationship when they are green with envy. something im sure you will admit many nigerians do.
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2010
Nigerians learned from watching T.V. Everything in American (the society to look up to) television is drama, and that's how most of the world sees America (through the shows shown on T.V.). Naturally, Nigerians' newly developed instinct to overdo what they've seen, without first understanding it worsens things.
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by Outstrip(f): 6:21am On Feb 11, 2010
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by Udode(f): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2010
There is something i have once heard:

If a white man sees that his neigbhour has just bought a very nice and expensive car, he will think: "what can I do to be able to drive a car like my neigbhour?"
If a black man sees that his neigbhour hast just bought a very nice and expensive car, he will think: "what can i do to drive my neigbhours car"

i thougth this was very interesting, and although i know that it can not be generalised, i think that there might be just a little truth in there.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2010
Udode:

If a white man sees that his neigbhour has just bought a very nice and expensive car, he will think: "what can I do to be able to drive a car like my neigbhour?"
If a black man sees that his neigbhour hast just bought a very nice and expensive car, he will think: "what can i do to drive my neigbhours car"
grin grin
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by Outstrip(f): 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
Na wa for that analogy but I guess you can read it in more than one way
Re: Wake Up Black People! We Are Our Own Worst Enemies. by vivaladiva(f): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2010
white people stick to geda in a diff way frm hw we stick togeada, 4 v different reasons with very diff out comes
idea of blck man stckin together, dnt snitch, reason cos black people dnt snitch on them seves, out come gen backwardness n very sluggish progress
white man sticking togeda, the equality bill, reason reduce inequality, outcome progress n fairer distribution of wealth in the community

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Documents And Pictures On The Basasa, The Kano Civil War (1893-95) / Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin / Relationship Between Yorubas And The Itsekiris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.