Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar (5011 Views)

Monalisa Chinda And Segun Arinze At Food Fair Event In Abuja (photos) / Basic Instinct Star Actress, Sharon Stone Poses Nude For Harper Bazaar Magazine / Johnny Depp Apologizes For Rape Comment In Vanity Fair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 12:33am On Jan 08, 2010
Gabourey Sidibe, star of the big indie flick - Precious has been in the limelight recently for her portrayal of an obese, illiterate Harlem teenager who is pregnant with her second child by her abusive father.
Based on Sapphire’s best-selling 1996 novel, Push, the movie generated an electrifying buzz long before its November opening. Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry signed on as executive producers, and Precious which features Mariah Carey and Lenny Kravitz as well as lead performances already generating Oscar talk for Mo’Nique and Gabourey Sidibe won top awards at this year’s Sundance and Toronto Film Festivals and became a YouTube sensation with a trailer that left audiences weeping.

Here are Gabby's photos from her recent photo shoots:

There's been an outcry from the online black community that Ms Sidibe has been deliberately photographed in unflattering poses to make a mockery of her shape, size and colour but perhaps hollywood has only become more open minded in their approach to to the variance of the female physique?
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 08, 2010
you go try b4 u get flattering poses from all that lard
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by yjay(f): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2010
surely the magazines cld ve done better with the poses, yes shes plus size but me thinks they cld ve done better, she looks so ridiculous in the black dress, embarassed
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2010
She is a giant, no matter how hard the best photographers in the world try, she will still look huge.
And these have been photoshopped o. Imagine the real deal.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by yjay(f): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2010
yes she ll still look huge but thats y there are called professional photographers to make pple look beautiful regardless of their size, just check out the pose in the first picture, even a dummy can tell that the pose wouldnt work for a full figured lady, not to forget that shes wearing a sleeveless dress which over emphasizes her arms, i can definitely relate to the black community who think this might be a mockery of her, i dont even agree with the choice of clothes, black is slimming YES but it shld ve come with sleeves,
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by ebonyz: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2010
Gosh grin
That girl need to lose weight for health reasons lipsrsealed
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2010
yjay:

yes she ll still look huge but thats y there are called professional photographers to make pple look beautiful regardless of their size, just check out the pose in the first picture, even a dummy can tell that the pose wouldnt work for a full figured lady, not to forget that shes wearing a sleeveless dress which over emphasizes her arms, i can definitely relate to the black community who think this might be a mockery of her, i dont even agree with the choice of clothes, black is slimming YES but it shld ve come with sleeves,

She's not handicapped, she must have authorised these photos to be published. And no one will allow unflattering pictures of themselves to be taken and put in magazines like hapar's bazaar. Besides, she also has a say in the kinds of clothes that make her comfy.
She is huge is all.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by minute(f): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2010
Shes as big as hell. Damn! undecided undecided undecided

I'd love me some KFC too but woman better leave them buckets alone for a year!!
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2010
She says she's been on a diet since she was 6, maybe a gastric bypass would be in order.
Even Monique wasn't this big.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2010
sidibe and eat that chicken lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2010
Lol.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2010
No matter how I want to be considerate, I can't help it but say these pictures are not flattering at all. I even think say the camera man tire sef. undecided It wouldn't have been an easy job. tongue
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2010
Maybe they want to sell the pics to us as "art".
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2010
Art kor, painting ni.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by THEAMAKA(f): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2010
awwww, good for her! but she is still lipsrsealed
but I'm happy for her, a new shining star.
no one has tried to break her down yet, let's just wait and see though. . .
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Kunbee: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2010
Hmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2010
THE AMAKA:

awwww, good for her! but she is still lipsrsealed
but I'm happy for her, a new shining star.
no one has tried to break her down yet, let's just wait and see though. . .

break down that 200 pounds plus - beans

offtopic and gross - shes kind of an odd choice as a victim of sexual molestation - which she was in the movie - a person that big should be able to defend herself
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by THEAMAKA(f): 1:01am On Jan 10, 2010
oyb:

break down that 200 pounds plus - beans

offtopic and gross - shes kind of an odd choice as a victim of sexual molestation - which she was in the movie - a person that big should be able to defend herself
I'm still in love with your baby! kiss
but anyway, it's just a movie though.
but she is really lipsrsealed but I commend her for being proud of herself. but she should lose weight for health reasons as well.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 10, 2010
^^ smiley
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 7:13am On Jan 10, 2010
She should be at least 300lbs.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by chic2pimp(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

She says she's been on a diet since she was 6, maybe a gastric bypass would be in order.
Even Monique wasn't this big.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I refuse to believe that.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by SisiKill1: 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
When is the black community not outcrying themselves over something? I mean do people even pay them attention anymore?
Talk about misplaced priority. So this same Vanity fair has on it's over the newest ITgirls, right and the girls were picked based on the year they've had. . . Kristen Stewart, Abbie Cornish, Emma Stone and some other cute waifish white girls but despite the fact the she was nominated for best supporting actress, Sidibe was left out. Why you ask? Well the peeps at VF feel that after the Oscars, it's buh bye for her. Apparently, No one wants to see her in movies, shooo!

Now THAT is something the black community should be outcrying themselves over instead pictures that reflect her real weight.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 12:19am On Feb 04, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

When is the black community not outcrying themselves over something? I mean do people even pay them attention anymore?
Talk about misplaced priority.   So this same Vanity fair has on it's over the newest ITgirls, right and the girls were picked based on the year they've had. . . Kristen Stewart, Abbie Cornish, Emma Stone and some other cute waifish white girls but despite the fact the she was nominated for best supporting actress, Sidibe was left out. Why you ask? Well the peeps at VF feel that [size=15pt]after the Oscars, it's buh bye for her[/size]. Apparently, No one wants to see her in movies, shooo!

Now THAT is something the black community should be outcrying themselves over instead pictures that reflect her real weight. 

Well, that might be true. I can't see her fitting into any regular roles.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 04, 2010
true- the latest vanity fair cover featured an all white fashionably skinny cast

oh well

btw Sidibbe could still get roles- it depends
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 04, 2010
She is a cute girl but is in need of a stylist and hair/makeup team. VF and vogue always use ugly pictures of black celebs anyway so nothing new here. I know Essence or Ebony would have made her look like a dime. Anyway what Sisi said may be true and also if you notice after a black actor/actress bar Denzel wins an Oscar, they sort of fade away into the background after the hype.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by chic2pimp(m): 3:48am On Feb 04, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

She is a cute girl but is in need of a stylist and hair/makeup team. VF and vogue always use ugly pictures of black celebs anyway so nothing new here. I know Essence or Ebony would have made her look like a dime. Anyway what Sisi said may be true and also if you notice after a black actor/actress bar Denzel wins an Oscar, they sort of fade away into the background after the hype.
May be so. However it is very hard to top winning an Oscar.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2010
chic2pimp:

May be so. However it is very hard to top winning an Oscar.

Yes but decent work has to happen after the oscars abi na oscar go pay the bill? grin grin
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

She is a cute girl but is in need of a stylist and hair/makeup team. VF and vogue always use ugly pictures of black celebs anyway so nothing new here. I know Essence or Ebony would have made her look like a dime. Anyway what Sisi said may be true and also[b] if you notice after a black actor/actress bar Denzel wins an Oscar, they sort of fade away into the background after the hype.[/b]

I have noticed this but I think it is entirely the fault of the Actor/Actress and their managers. It has a lot to do with their choice of scripts, publicity management and endorsement deals.
An Oscar hasn't stopped Morgan Freeman from getting decent roles nor Denzel. In Halle's case, she just went from one very bad script to the other - something not befitting of an oscar winner.
You getwarramean?
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by SisiKill1: 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
Proving without a shadow of doubt that Halle Berry's win was a fluke. The judges had breastisis in the brain when they made their choice.
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by SisiKill1: 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2010
Seriously though, them are some FUGLY pictures. Ah ya!
Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by spikedcylinder: 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2010
They say she's losing weight. . . . .

Re: Gabourey Sidibe In Vanity Fair And Hapar's Bazaar by yjay(f): 1:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
& her close up isnt that bad o but i agree she definitely needs to loose some shed some pounds off,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman With The Longest Tongue / Pictures: Charly Boy Inside His Coffin / Checkout P-square's Multi Million Naira Gold-embellished Furniture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.