Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,492 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone (1853 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / My Samsung Android Phone Is Not Browsing-HELP ME PLEASE! / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by chuchwhite: 10:04am On Dec 11, 2005
Please is it possible to visit a website on a samsung x 480

Hi i am new in this forum and i have a problem which i know people in this forum can solve for . I use a samsung x 480 mobile phone. Any time I try to surf the net it keeps telling file to large and only sites i can readily access are google.com and nairaland.com. Please is there any way i can visit other sites using my phone, even if it means the pictures on the sites will not be displayed?
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by mamba(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2005
Samsung x480 in-built browser is wap/xhtml and isn't capable of displaying large websites.. It's designed for wapsites and optimized for mobile sites.. You just can't force a product to do what the manufacturer didn't design it for grin

I'll advise you browse to mini.opera.com and download operamini java app for your phone if you still want to use it for websites or go buy a symbian phone..
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by chuchwhite: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2005
Gee... Thanks a bunch mamba. I did as you directed. And guess what? I can now visit any website i want to on my phone. I knew i could get the solution on nairaland and i did!
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by Whitelady1(f): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2005
I have a similar or should i say, worse problem with my phone. I use a samsung E800 mobile phone. The problem is that it doesn't even connect to the internet. Pls what can i do to solve this problem?
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by mamba(m): 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2005
@White lady, You have to state the network you're using and the procedure you've used for your wap gprs registration before I can help you..
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by Whitelady1(f): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2005
I use MTN and i registered for MTN gprs services via a text message
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by mamba(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2005
Have you previously used the SIM on another mobile for browsing before?

When you sent the SMS to MTN, did you receive the auto-setup message and save on your mobile?

I can see you've been posting with a mobile device, are you using another phone or another line, and which is it?

There are many things that could be wrong and one needs to verify...
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by Whitelady1(f): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2005
Yes, i have used the sim on another mobile for browsing.

Yes, i received and saved the auto set up message.

And i am using the same sim on another phone, a nokia 3220 to be precise.
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by mamba(m): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2005
Might be a settings problem with your E800, or you've been trying to use it when their system was down.. Sometimes, it's really difficult to connect to MTN gprs and could be one of such times you tried to use the E800..
If you try to connect again and doesn't work, I guess you'll have to input the settings manually and try again.

Note.. Some phones are branded to some networks like Vodafone, t-mobile, orange e.g. This could make the phone behave like that.. If there's a branding, let's know..
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by Whitelady1(f): 11:32pm On Dec 12, 2005
My E800 mobile phone is branded (bouygtel).
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by mamba(m): 1:00am On Dec 13, 2005
Check the wap settings if you can find MTN settings in there... If you don't see MTN settings, you'll have to enter a new wap profile manually from the wap settings window.. check around for the manual config settings and input them yourself.. That should work.
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by chuchwhite: 7:10pm On Dec 13, 2005
please mamba
after donwloading the mini opera to my x480 iused it to browse and it worked pefectly but later when i tried it again i could not browse . it would just be telling me processing but would not go. even i left it for 20min to browse but it still did not go.
please do u have any thing i can do to it 4 it to browse again using mini opera or any other one again.
thanks
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by Whitelady1(f): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2005
@Mamba
Thanks mamba. I did as u said and it worked. Now i can surf the net with my phone.
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by mamba(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2005
You're welcome lady, glad to have helped.. wink You can try my wapsite at tagtag.com/mamba really non much there sha! Just building it with some links, will update the wapsite when I have time..
Re: To View Normal Websites on My Samsung x480 Phone by jabu22: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2008
r u online shocked

(1) (Reply)

Transition Pattern Of Econet Wireless Nigeria / Lets Come Together Nd Help Each Other / Bleep.yyy.zz Problems On My Mtn Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.