Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Literature - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature (461 Views)

Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year(2019)- Poetry Included-- Voting Closed / A Foreign Literature Class Will Be Treating My Short Story. I'm Amazed. / Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Literature by Tonieokey(m): 10:57pm On May 03, 2017
There was no beginning, we lived our normal lives until he stumbled on a powerful sceptre that gave him unlimited powers and as once trusted friends, he informed us of this strange discovery. I was the only one that believed him and thus I was the first to experience the incredible power direct from the source and that is why he can't kill me without harming the scepter and that which gave us more power than we deserved is our bane as we are joined in the hip by it. I was able to convince the others about this find after performing a few tricks with words and a simple wave of my hands. It was agreed that him and me go ahead to make everyone immortal but with much less power unless we decide to bestow more as we saw fit. It was also agreed that him and me choose one person as our second in command and as expected, he chose ziam whom I wasn't very fond of and I chose Persephone, a very beautiful brunette and this caused the first ripple of our young gathering as he felt a female shouldn't be in the inner caucus but I quickly waved it off, but looking back now, perhaps I should have soothed his bloated ego a bit more.
There were no major issues afterward as we soaked in the magnitude of our new status as gods, how we make everything happen by just speaking and how other realms now feared us greatly and gave us whatever we wanted. Then someday he suggested that we put our powers to the ultimate test, let's see how far we could go and if successful, we would go down for eternity as harbingers of previously unimaginable things . He suggested we attempt to create mortals in our image without giving them the power of immortality. I took this suggestion with a pinch of salt as I saw no need to make inferior beings and Lord over them. We were doing well as we were but after much aggressive persuasion and subtle threats, I caved and let him have his way but I wasn't happy and I let him and his boy ziam know it and perhaps they felt I had betrayed their divine call to make and boss inferior beings. He then took to sowing seeds of discord amongst all immortals from my bloodline until it became unbearable and I declared war on him and his minions. Instead of facing me, he took the easy way out by conjuring the sceptre and using its powers to drive me and my followers away from our realm and I had no option but flee with what's left of my followers and settled far away to bide my time and wait for the day I'll enact revenge.
They succeeded in making mortals, creating a world for and confining them to an existence of misery. Being that I knew of everything, I ask myself why create mortals and send them to a life of doom and threaten to send their souls to eternal suffering if they don't act like immortals when their vessels aren't wired for such extremism. He has spent all those years convincing his creations that I am the evil one while he is the force for good. He accused me of deceiving the female in the garden to eat from a tree he planted in the first place. How do we not see that this was the plan, he got bored of his creations living according to their default manual that he sought a way to make their existence more challenging for himself , he had to betray them by opening their eyes to other features he implanted in them and turned to blame it on me.I am not without fault, but unlike him I do not claim to be spotless. I knew the kind of life we lived before becoming immortal. I know he fancies my Persephone even though he would deny it. The bitterness and anger in me drives me to want to harm his weak mortals, but most times I only wish to break their inhibitions to see the truth but sadly, majority of them are either clueless or hypocrites even to themselves. A people that came from incest, after the sons of adam slept with their own mother and then sisters. Majority of them already doomed before birth as they cannot escape their fate. He sent the boy ziam to earth to further strengthen his hold on the mortals whilst a man was condemned to tartarus even before he was born by being chosen as the one to betray ziam. After all someone had to do it so as to carry out his plan.
I created a kingdom of my own, have my own queen and loyal friends who are ready to rise up when the time is right. He knows he cannot kill me without the sceptre, and even he knows not the ripples it would cause throughout his creations if he should summon the amount of power needed to kill me, so he resorts to being the sole attendant of a court in which he tries, finds me guilty and sentences me to eternal damnation. He knows a day would come, a day where all scores would be settled, a fight to the death. I have my powers still, I cannot come up against the sceptre but I have a plan to take away the sceptre; the source of our powers, to create an environment where we will be evenly matched afterall,and I hope he would have the dignity to face me by himself , then whoever prevails gets to be master and we would settle the angst we both feel.

Mcanthony Okechukwu

(1) (Reply)

1 / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 3, Day 19 "Go To The Tribunal" Pix Inside / The Woman In The Mirror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.