Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland (2977 Views)

Compiler Construction/ Building A Programming Language / AIDE-IDE For Java And C/C++ And AIDE for Web Worth It ? / What Is The Best IDE For Programming Python And Django In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2017
Nairaland needs an online programming environment. This is needed to facilitate learning and make things easier for us. Like for those hat need to post a problem and need an urgent solution to the answer.
Even especially for people like me that are running tutorials. You can check it out athttps://www.nairaland.com/3776675/learn-python-introduction-programming. wink

Trust me I know how difficult it is to type a Python code on nairaland code so that it looks the same way on a Python interpreter especially those 3 chevron's, the color and the rest, just to make it look real and everything.
Trying to select the color, input the >>> sign takes a lot of time.
All these problems can be solved if we have a compiler, interpreter and an IDE. So as we are coding or giving out solutions, it looks real like we're coding locally on our PC without​ making any modifications and we get to see the code run.

So Seun give us a programming environment in the programming section at least for the major languages.

PS: please ban people that are ruining this section with irrelevant material. It's just so sickening and it's defeating and riddling this section of it's purpose.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 10:29am On May 04, 2017
The board calls for a moderator that knows the waters.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 12:32pm On May 04, 2017
dhtml18:
The board calls for a moderator that knows the waters.
Wow. I'd be so happy if I'd be given the mandate.
Things really need to be corrected.
Nairaland programming section can also be a stackoverflow in it's own right
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 04, 2017
^^^You are more optimistic than I, maybe you should be given the job.

1 Like

Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2017
dhtml18:
^^^You are more optimistic than I, maybe you should be given the job.
I'm deeply humbled.
I'm just for 'give-the-job-to-the-best-man' idea
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by melodyogonna(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2017
Oga seun, your attention is needed.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stack1(m): 2:00pm On May 04, 2017
stealthtiger:

Wow. I'd be so happy if I'd be given the mandate.
Things really need to be corrected.
Nairaland programming section can also be a stackoverflow in it's own right

Comments and post feature's would need some minor updates, to realize that
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by 4kings: 4:33pm On May 04, 2017
Cool, hope Oga Seun can implement this.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 04, 2017
4kings:
Cool, hope Oga Seun can implement this.
I think there's no need why not just rely on 3rd part system nairaland is a forum. There are tools out there to use , also the concept is nice but in terms of cost and returns it will be a nightmare seun would have to bother about optimizing this as it means additional code and resources used for no gains in return. Hope you get my drift

1 Like

Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 04, 2017
People keep forgetting that Nairaland is a forum - these features are nice, but they will not get nairaland anywhere.

1 Like

Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2017
dhtml18:
People keep forgetting that Nairaland is a forum - these features are nice, but they will not get nairaland anywhere.
Your opinions are welcome
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 11:24pm On May 04, 2017
dhtml18:
Stackoverflow is also a forum
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 4:04am On May 05, 2017
stealthtiger:

Your opinions are welcome
stealthtiger:

Stackoverflow is also a forum
True, and you should understand that every forum has its primary purpose and theme. The structure of stackoverflow, quora and business model is different from that of Nairaland.
You should understand that running a business, and just setting up stuffs are 2 different things entirely. Nairaland has stayed true to its purpose, and that is why it has survived whereas a lot of more fanciful forums that sprung up over time have died for many many reasons, and many of them even had far more features before they died.

Some of you dudes believe that you know how to run a forum business better than Seun Osewa, but no, it is not that simple. Sitting down on your PC and imagining what you can do, and actually running and sustaining something are 2 different matters entirely.

Dont get me wrong, I am not criticizing your IDEA, neither am I saying that Nairaland cannot step up - but in my own opinion, adding stackoverflow features to nairaland cannot get it anywhere (I might be wrong mind you).
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 7:19am On May 05, 2017
G
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 7:20am On May 05, 2017
X
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 7:24am On May 05, 2017
dhtml18:

True, and you should understand that every forum has its primary purpose and theme. The structure of stackoverflow, quora and business model is different from that of Nairaland.
You should understand that running a business, and just setting up stuffs are 2 different things entirely. Nairaland has stayed true to its purpose, and that is why it has survived whereas a lot of more fanciful forums that sprung up over time have died for many many reasons, and many of them even had far more features before they died.

Some of you dudes believe that you know how to run a forum business better than Seun Osewa, but no, it is not that simple. Sitting down on your PC and imagining what you can do, and actually running and sustaining something are 2 different matters entirely.

Dont get me wrong, I am not criticizing your IDEA, neither am I saying that Nairaland cannot step up - but in my own opinion, adding stackoverflow features to nairaland cannot get it anywhere (I might be wrong mind you).

Lol.. this got me laughing hard.
Do you think you've found one?

This is a programming section and you know what it should entail.

I'm not forcing any idea down any ones throat.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 7:29am On May 05, 2017
dhtml18:

Because​ you're getting this across to the wrong person
No need for this epistle of Paul

PS

Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 7:41am On May 05, 2017
It is okay to insult me, but let me ask you one question - Did Seun ask for your advice? Or do you think it is cool to start running your mouth on another person's business? It is a free world - if you think you can build a better Nairaland, then you are welcome to try.

Because as far as I am concerned, this thread is just as if you are trying to rubbish Nairaland, if you do not like this board as it is - you are welcome to EXIT and NEVER COME BACK.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Jenifa123: 7:52am On May 05, 2017
dhtml18:
It is okay to insult me, but let me ask you one question - Did Seun ask for your advice? Or do you think it is cool to start running your mouth on another person's business? It is a free world - if you think you can build a better Nairaland, then you are welcome to try.

Because as far as I am concerned, this thread is just as if you are trying to rubbish Nairaland, if you do not like this board as it is - you are welcome to EXIT and NEVER COME BACK.
it's OK.. make una stop to fight
stealthtiger:

Because​ you're getting this across to the wrong person
No need for this epistle of Paul

PS

1 Like

Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by 4kings: 9:51am On May 05, 2017
pcguru1:

I think there's no need why not just rely on 3rd part system nairaland is a forum. There are tools out there to use , also the concept is nice but in terms of cost and returns it will be a nightmare seun would have to bother about optimizing this as it means additional code and resources used for no gains in return. Hope you get my drift
Ya, i get you..
That's why i said "i hope", cos it would have been a very nice feature.

But the programming spirit here is kinda dead. embarassed
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 10:58am On May 05, 2017
No more programmers, na only trolls abound now!
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by stealthtiger(m): 6:43pm On May 06, 2017
dhtml18:

1. I don't know who's insulting who. Reflect on your post's to unveil your clouded lapses.

2. Everyone is entitled to he's or her opinion.

3. I don't know if you're reading my post backward.

I started this thread with a good intention. Which is to give an opinion. And I'm not forcing it down anyone's​ throat.
So how dare you tell me I'm rubbishing nairaland.
Has giving a honest opinion become ridiculing the recipient?

I don't know why some humans create problems from no where

What ever grievances you have with anyone please keep it to yourself rather than coming here to type thoughtless string of characters filled with impunity.

On your last paragraph: That should be a reflection of you.

PLEASE BE COURTEOUS WITH YOUR REMARKS.

1 Like

Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 06, 2017
I started by reading your last statement. For the record, you are the first person that started out by not being COURTEOUS - so do not start trying to form anything here - if I proceed to drag you through the mud, it shall be your own fault.

You can say whatever you like, I cannot just be bothered - take your fight to your time-line. This entire thread is just a waste of precious time.
I am only posting because there is no better thread to post into - and just in case you are not happy reading my post, well, you know what to do about that i guess, far be it for me to teach you the right action to take.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 06, 2017
Jenifa123:
it's OK.. make una stop to fight
Please let the guy fight, i will surely finish him on this board, I am thirsting for e-blood!
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Jenifa123: 8:28pm On May 06, 2017
dhtml18:

Please let the guy fight, i will surely finish him on this board, I am thirsting for e-blood!
There's no nid... You've both made ur points so I guess u should end it hethete
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 06, 2017
There is need - i need to kill someone on this board maybe that will reach FP.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Jenifa123: 8:56pm On May 06, 2017
Dem go arrest u oh... Lol...
Abeg free d guy
dhtml18:
There is need - i need to kill someone on this board maybe that will reach FP.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 06, 2017
Who has the power to arrest me? As long as it is e-blood that I spill, there shall be no arrest.
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by nijabazaar: 9:32pm On May 06, 2017
try www.infobreak.
set up by a fellow Nler who happens to be a psychology student. think her name x kanayoNickel.

it has a script/code snippet that u are asking for.

came across it when I was searchung for something.

1 Like

Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by Nobody: 7:10am On May 07, 2017
trollin'
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by uzoexcel(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2017
Jenifa123:

There's no nid... You've both made ur points so I guess u should end it hethete

How far with your site jenifa123? I saw a good link on quora on several ideas but I lost it..I 'll try and send it again
Re: An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland by uzoexcel(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Structured Programming As A Panacea For Software Crisis. Discuss / Buy And Sell Digital And Ecurrency In Seconds. RC 1502336 / Frameworks Dont Make Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.