Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,444 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] (36122 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by chingy012: 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
donhils:

I don't have your time

Just admit it, you don't have facts to back up ur claims.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by RuthC: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2017
Please if you are currently using the Gionee A1 Phone, kindly share your experience on this thread.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by amosunmd: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
chingy012:

Just admit it, you don't have facts to back up ur claims.
just need some clairification thats all
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by chingy012: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2017
amosunmd:
just need some clairification thats all

Yeah possibly.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by Charmin1(f): 9:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Please guys I have #95000 should I go for a gionee phone or a Samsung. Thanks
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by amosunmd: 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
Charmin1:
its your choice tho but i will recomend the GIONEE A1 for you and i believe a tryer will convince you
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
Charmin1:

Go for a gionee phone ok
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by chingy012: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2017
Charmin1:

I advice you go for Gionee A1!

With super battery of 4000mAH and super camera of 16mp front and 13mp back camera.

Samsung phones are good but doing a battery life comparison, you all know the result.

Gionee rocks!

1 Like

Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by donhils: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
chingy012:

I advice you go for Gionee A1!

With super battery of 4000mAH and super camera of 16mp front and 13mp back camera.

Samsung phones are good but doing a battery life comparison, you all know the result.

Gionee rocks!
Why do people think battery is all there is to a phone? Yet with less than 1900mah batteries, iPhones are doing wonderfully well in the market today.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by chingy012: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2017
donhils:

Why do people think battery is all there is to a phone? Yet with less than 1900mah batteries, iPhones are doing wonderfully well in the market today.

Battery capacity is key!

Without a good battery, how can a phone user enjoy the full features of the phone at a reasonable amount of time?
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by amosunmd: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
chingy012:

Battery capacity is key!

Without a good battery, how can a phone user enjoy the full features of the phone at a reasonable amount of time?
battery and camera is very key
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 1:16am On Oct 13, 2017
honsule:
Gionee phones in terms of Batteries usage are solid, my M5 b4 it was stolen i used it for 1 year 7 months and the battery still last me 24hrs with my data on through out. But one of their challenge is: They never or hardly send update OTA GIONEE M5 still in same 5.0 os no update to 6.0 Marshmallow, in that aspect, i rate them 0.1 angry angry angry

I wont say u are lying but let me tell my own experience with gionee s plus. first of the battery is a lie, it can't last 5 hrs in heavy usage. like playing fifa16. the worst part of it is the charging port which doesn't last at all
Repaired 3 times but still is giving me headache. another thing is the screen. it started flicks at the bottom expecially when I set the brightness to low. all this wahala happened within seven months of purchase. I swear to u what I said is truth. maybe I'm not lucky but that's my experience with gionee product. and do u know that I have been using BlackBerry z30 for more then two years now with no single problem. to be prank I hate the gionee cos I suffered a lot in their hands.

1 Like

Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by amosunmd: 11:26am On Oct 18, 2017
chingy012:

Battery capacity is key!

even iphone users do complain of battery u can ask them if you know any one, GIONEE TO AMAZING!( SUPER SELFIE, SUPER BATTERY) so battery is also KEY for me am enjoying my GIONEE A1
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by chingy012: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2017
Deeni131:

I wont say u are lying but let me tell my own experience with gionee s plus. first of the battery is a lie, it can't last 5 hrs in heavy usage. like playing fifa16. the worst part of it is the charging port which doesn't last at all
Repaired 3 times but still is giving me headache. another thing is the screen. it started flicks at the bottom expecially when I set the brightness to low. all this wahala happened within seven months of purchase. I swear to u what I said is truth. maybe I'm not lucky but that's my experience with gionee product. and do u know that I have been using BlackBerry z30 for more then two years now with no single problem. to be prank I hate the gionee cos I suffered a lot in their hands.

Please confirm the battery capacity of the Splus..
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Deeni131:

Yes u are absolutely right! I was using same phone Gionee Splus last year, the battery can't take 5 hours during game play

I used the phone for only four months and the charging port stop working. I took it to Gionee office and after spending 3 weeks there, they told me the charging port isn't available. Surprisedly the C type charging port is not available in the whole computer village. (I won't advice anyone to buy phone with a C type charging port).

I later sold the phone for 10k!!! (As I need to used desktop to charge the 3150 maH battery everyday). Phone I bought for 50k and I only used it for 4 months.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
wizzywisdom:

Yes u are absolutely right! I was using same phone Gionee Splus last year, the battery can't take 5 hours during game play

I used the phone for only four months and the charging port stop working. I took it to Gionee office and after spending 3 weeks there, they told me the charging port isn't available. Surprisedly the C type charging port is not available in the whole computer village. (I won't advice anyone to buy phone with a C type charging port).

I later sold the phone for 10k!!! (As I need to used desktop to charge the 3150 maH battery everyday). Phone I bought for 50k and I only used it for 4 months.

Chai I really feel for u too. I'm still using mine but with so much suffering and headache.

1 Like

Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by chingy012: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2017
amosunmd:
even iphone users do complain of battery u can ask them if you know any one, GIONEE TO AMAZING!( SUPER SELFIE, SUPER BATTERY) so battery is also KEY for me am enjoying my GIONEE A1

I totally agree with u
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by danthamccoy(m): 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
Guys, for some reason I can't use apps like Applock and Bluelight filter on this phone. They will work initially but the phone seemingly shuts them down soon after. This is so frustrating. I've gone through the settings trying different things none works.
I ticked the apps On in Accessibility but it keeps changing them back to Off.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by benarex(m): 5:21am On Oct 24, 2017
danthamccoy:
Guys, for some reason I can't use apps like Applock and Bluelight filter on this phone. They will work initially but the phone seemingly shuts them down soon after. This is so frustrating. I've gone through the settings trying different things none works.
I ticked the apps On in Accessibility but it keeps changing them back to Off.

If you're using Power Saving Mode, switch to Normal Mode.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by crowntoro(f): 6:46am On Oct 24, 2017
Gionee phones rock, I have been using my Gionee M2 since Oct 2011 and the battery life is 4200Mah and still works perfectly fine but the only issue I have with Gionee phones is that it might not be easy to get it repaired because of the scarcity of the spare parts of the phone. I have been using this my Gionee phone since May, 2016 with a bad TP because I was told at their carlcare center that after a year that a phone is produced, they stop importing their parts hence the reason for the scarcity of their parts. So despite the that I 'enjoyed' my phone, I would have a rethink if I want to buy a new phone whether to buy Gionee or another brand
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by amosunmd: 8:34am On Oct 24, 2017
crowntoro:
Gionee phones rock, I have been using my Gionee M2 since Oct 2011 and the battery life is 4200Mah and still works perfectly fine but the only issue I have with Gionee phones is that it might not be easy to get it repaired because of the scarcity of the spare parts of the phone. I have been using this my Gionee phone since May, 2016 with a bad TP because I was told at their carlcare center that after a year that a phone is produced, they stop importing their parts hence the reason for the scarcity of their parts. So despite the that I 'enjoyed' my phone, I would have a rethink if I want to buy a new phone whether to buy Gionee or another brand
hmmmn!!
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by danthamccoy(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2017
benarex:

If you're using Power Saving Mode, switch to Normal Mode.
I'm on Normal Mode
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by amosunmd: 10:38am On Oct 24, 2017
danthamccoy:

I'm on Normal Mode
or betterstill, extreme mode to save power and minimise apps
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by crowntoro(f): 12:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
amosunmd:
hmmmn!!
yep yep
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by danthamccoy(m): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
amosunmd:
or betterstill, extreme mode to save power and minimise apps
I'm not sure you understand what I'm asking
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by amosunmd: 10:34am On Oct 26, 2017
danthamccoy:

I'm not sure you understand what I'm asking
OK THEN
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by michytluv: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
Infinix zero 4plus for sale 6 months used 07016146713
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by chingy012: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
crowntoro:

Gionee has a service center which resolves issues.. The address is 9, Simbiat Abiola Way, opposite Ikeja Club, Ikeja.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by orobosa26(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
Deeni131:

Chai I really feel for u too. I'm still using mine but with so much suffering and headache.
same situation am facing wiyth my phone currently am having charging problem i just took to their service centre and i dont know wat d cost of repairing it will cost
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
orobosa26:

same situation am facing wiyth my phone currently am having charging problem i just took to their service centre and i dont know wat d cost of repairing it will cost

charging port cost is about 5k I think.
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by crowntoro(f): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
chingy012:

Gionee has a service center which resolves issues.. The address is 9, Simbiat Abiola Way, opposite Ikeja Club, Ikeja.
I am not sure you read this post to the end before commenting on it
Re: Gionee A1 Official Discussion Thread[HOT] by orobosa26(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
Deeni131:

charging port cost is about 5k I think.
Bro have u experienced this kind of issue before with your phone and If you've wat was ur solution? The issue am facing now is that wen ever I charge d phone it Hardly adds even a single percent for a long time and instead of charging upward d battery drains down fast even wen charging

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? / Samsung A10s Unboxing And Review - The Slow Budget Phone That Cost N44,000 / Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.