Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State (26342 Views)

Federal University, Gashua Yobe State Recruitment. / Massive Job Recruitment For Academic Staffs At Federal University, Gashua 2017 / Federal University, Gashua Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by harrisonxury: 6:51pm On May 12, 2017
KreScendo:

I actually appreciate your clarification, boss. I actually thought of it this way. My main confusion is centred on the fact that they instructed that the referees should "send the reports DIRECTLY under confidential cover". So, if i upload the recommendation letters on the 'upload' section of the application site, would it still be in line? would it still be 'directly...under confidential kini'?

No, it won't work. It is expected that these referees of yours are to post their recommendation reports on you without you getting involved. It should be between FUGASHUA and your referees. FUGASHUA expects you to only sensitise your referees to write their reports and send (posting via post-office mainly) them accordingly: the reports should not appear in any of your applications or documents. If I were you, I would exactly follow their instructions to the last letter, not shunt any processes, since you are rather game for the job. You get the point/logic of it?
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by KreScendo(m): 6:41am On May 13, 2017
harrisonxury:

No, it won't work. It is expected that these referees of yours are to post their recommendation reports on you without you getting involved. It should be between FUGASHUA and your referees. FUGASHUA expects you to only sensitise your referees to write their reports and send (posting via post-office mainly) them accordingly: the reports should not appear in any of your applications or documents. If I were you, I would exactly follow their instructions to the last letter, not shunt any processes, since you are rather game for the job. You get the point/logic of it?

I'm cleared now, boss. Thank you very much.
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by TheSociopath(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2017
harrisonxury:

Are you sure they are to send the report now? They only indicated that you should put names of addresses of 3 referees that they (FUGASHUA) will contact to ask for confidential report.
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by KreScendo(m): 12:52pm On May 13, 2017
TheSociopath:

Are you sure they are to send the report now? They only indicated that you should put names of addresses of 3 referees that they (FUGASHUA) will contact to ask for confidential report.
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by TheSociopath(m): 3:36pm On May 13, 2017
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by ddjay: 5:08pm On May 13, 2017
pls did anybody get a confirmation email from them after completing the application
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by harrisonxury: 5:15pm On May 13, 2017
TheSociopath:

??

One thing I know is that FUGASHUA expects your referees to send their reports before the dead line of the application: within six weeks. And please, go back and read the application instructions, for clearer understanding.
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by harrisonxury: 5:18pm On May 13, 2017
ddjay:
pls did anybody get a confirmation email from them after completing the application

Nope. Did you get any confirmation mail?
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by Mayorsmart005(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2017
Please guys, does it mean my application is complete after filling all the information shown on the left column? I couldn't find where to finally appy or submit after entering all the required details.
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by SuPeRq(f): 7:48pm On May 13, 2017
Is there any form of acknowledgment after submission??
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by Ibukune(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2017
since you provided the email addresses of the referees, i suppose a form will be sent to them to attest to u, everything will be done online, anyone with a contrary view??
Pls is there a final button to push to apply, cos all i see here is to fill up the forms, any other thing..

harrisonxury:

Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by ddjay: 8:36pm On May 13, 2017
harrisonxury:

Nope. Did you get any confirmation mail?
i didn't, just wanted to knw if any1 got it. dat mins till we hear from dem
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by majeedochu(m): 7:11am On May 14, 2017
Hello,please where do we press the send button after successful completion of the form?
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by majeedochu(m): 7:23am On May 14, 2017
Hello,plz what next after filling the form..i cant find the send button..i need help plz.Thanks
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by TheSociopath(m): 11:07am On May 14, 2017

The exodus of Nigeria’s Christians

Christians in Nigeria say, “They’ve Killed Enough of Us” — Christian groups say minority in country’s troubled north is experiencing some of the worst suffering of 21st century as Boko Haram attempts to ‘eradicate’ them
Fr Bakeni, inset, has mixed feelings about his time at St Joseph's church in the Nigerian town of Gashua
Fr Bakeni, inset, has mixed feelings about his time at St Joseph’s church in the Nigerian town of Gashua Photo: John Bakeni
By Colin Freeman, Abuja

Arriving at St Joseph’s church in the Nigerian town of Gashua, Father John Bakeni knew he was taking on a tough posting. A flyblows settlement near the northern border with Niger, his new parish was smack in the heart of Boko Haram territory, and in the previous three years, all but a fraction of its 3,000-strong Christian minority had fled.

Sent by his bishop to show that the diocese had not deserted the town, he spent much of the following year trying to reassure the 200 remaining parishioners. But nearly every time he ventured from his rectory, a reminder would await him of the difficulty of his mission.

“Several times a week I would find a dead animal had been thrown in the compound, usually a chicken, goat or sheep, but sometimes dead cats too,” said Fr Bakeni, 38. “Stones would get thrown at the church almost every day, and sometimes also people would bang the gates and shout: ‘Infidel, we are going to kill you.’

“Almost every priest who had been posted to Gashua had the same experience, so I knew it was going to be hard. But I was not sad to leave.”

Fr Bakeni’s mixed feelings about his time at St Joseph’s reflect a sense among Nigeria’s Christians of a losing battle in the north, where Boko Haram’s kidnapping of more than 200 schoolgirls is seen as part of a wider onslaught to drive them out for good.

Related Articles

Nigeria schoolgirl crisis: Boko Haram faces ‘total war’17 May 2014
Paris summit to boost search for Nigerian schoolgirls held by Boko Haram17 May 2014
‘Nigeria must take security seriously’17 May 2014
British-born Boko Haram ‘ringleader’ was ‘radicalised at UK university’16 May 2014
Boko Haram ex-hostage tells of ordeal15 May 2014
Chinese camp in Cameroon attacked18 May 2014

With Muslims among the missing pupils as well as Christians, international reaction to the crisis has been to emphasise Nigeria as united in anger against a foe that targets both faiths with equal ferocity.

But the platitudes do not disguise the fact that Christians now feel particularly vulnerable in the north, where they form a small but highly visible minority that Boko Haram has specifically vowed to “eradicate”.

The threats have not proved idle. Christian groups estimate that up to a quarter of the 4,000 people killed by Boko Haram since 2009 have been Christians, and more than 700 churches have been attacked in the last seven years alone, according to the Nigerian Catholic Bishop’s Conference. Across the troubled north-east, many Christian neighbourhoods are now ghost towns as tens of thousands of residents flee south. It is one of the biggest Christian exoduses of the century, yet largely unremarked outside of Nigeria.

“The extent of the attacks, both physically and psychologically, is tantamount to a human rights disaster,” said John Pontifex, of Aid to the Church in Need, which campaigns for persecuted Christians worldwide.

“Nigerian Christians are undergoing some of the worst suffering the 21st century has seen, yet the world sees to turn a blind eye.”

While Boko Haram’s attacks are often terrifyingly indiscriminate, slaughtering entire villages seemingly at random, survivors frequently speak of a sectarian element. In one assault that killed 25 people in Ganye in north-east Adamawa state last year, Rifatu Bila, the wife of a local politician, was told at gunpoint that she would be spared if she converted to Islam.

“The gunman heard me praying and told me I would be freed if I accepted Mohammed,” said Mrs Bila, 50, whose house was set ablaze during the attack. “He then shot my husband dead in front of me.”

Mrs Bila was spared – as was “Andrew”, a wheelchair-bound employee of St Joseph’s Minor Seminary – a Catholic school elsewhere in Adamawa attacked in March. On both occasions, it seemed the only reason for the gunmen’s mercy was to create witnesses to their terror.

During the seminary attack, the gunmen wheeled Andrew around the campus, making him watch as they executed four of his colleagues and blew up the chapel and classrooms. He was also “interrogated” about his religion and warned that it put him in direct danger, according to Aid to the Church in Need, which documented the incident.

Similarly, Fr Bakeni buried four of his own parishioners murdered by Boko Haram during his eight month-stint at St Joseph’s, which ended last summer when he was called back to the diocese’s main city of Maiduguri. However, he said that the psychological intimidation alone was enough to make him realise why so many parishioners had fled.

“It was very frightening up there as the environment was so hostile,” said Fr Bakeni. “I found it made it hard to think clearly, so I would fall back on the sources of the Bible. It made me remember that Christians have always historically been persecuted.”

Most of missiles that landed in his compound were thrown by members of the al-majri – young male pupils of local madrassas who spend a two-year period being forced to live by begging for alms. The idea is to encourage self-reliance and remind youngsters of what it is to be poor. But in a part of Nigeria where most barely earn $1 per day anyway, critics say it simply creates a pool of impoverished street urchins who are easy recruits for Boko Haram.

Despite his ordeal, Fr Bakeni is at pains not to point the finger at Islam itself for the carnage wreaked by Boko Haram.

“Christians are under assault, yes,” he said. “But we have to be careful of giving a single narrative because Muslims have been affected too.”

However, not all of Nigeria’s Christians, who make up nearly half its 170 million population, are quite so prepared to turn the other cheek and feel no obligation to be diplomatic in their criticism.

“We are told Islam is a religion of peace, but wherever they are in the world, all I see is war,” said the Reverend Musa Asake, of the Christian Association of Nigeria, which often accuses the Nigerian government of not doing enough to protect Christians. “Christians have never retaliated to Boko Haram’s provocation, but it is beginning to be too much.”

Indeed, while Christians may never have retaliated directly to Boko Haram’s aggression, they have played their own part in communal violence. In the religiously mixed northern city of Jos, which is said to be an acronym for “Jesus our Saviour”, Christian-Muslim vendettas have cost several thousand lives in the last decade, spearheaded by Christian militias as much as Muslim ones. While the fighting there is as much about ethnic and land rivalries as religion, the situation is ripe for Boko Haram to exploit.

So too is the plight of the kidnapped schoolgirls – the majority of whom are believed to be Christian, and whose forced conversion to Islam has already caused widespread anger. For now, the likes of the Reverend Asake are prepared to leave retaliation against militant Islamists to the Nigerian government, or failing that, the “vengeance of God”. But if neither does the job, he warns of dire consequences one day.

“Even now, we still have no intention of fighting back,” he said. “But believe me, if the day ever comes that we do, Nigeria will be history as a nation
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by majeedochu(m): 8:48pm On May 14, 2017
ddjay:

i didn't, just wanted to knw if any1 got it. dat mins till we hear from dem

please how did you send your application..i couldnt find any icon for that
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by ddjay: 12:49pm On May 15, 2017
majeedochu:

please how did you send your application..i couldnt find any icon for that
at d top right corner of yr phone screen is a blue tab click on it,will reveal the menu.use a desk top view for chrome browser or high data saving option for opera mini browser
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by opylas(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2017
I take it transcripts are required for upload. No?
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by TheSociopath(m): 7:08pm On May 15, 2017
harrisonxury:

One thing I know is that FUGASHUA expects your referees to send their reports before the dead line of the application: within six weeks. And please, go back and read the application instructions, for clearer understanding.

All the criteria listed is for people applying in hardcopies and they were asked to supply names of addresses people who they will contact to send report on you. But all the same, do as you seem proper
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by harrisonxury: 8:46pm On May 15, 2017
It is also written on my online application under referees' section. That reports should be sent directly under confidential cover.

Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by tifany89(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2017
Calyb:
check up left hand corner u will see all u need to fill in. I just completed my registration last night. it goes well at night.
How did u click submit. Filled everything but no where to click the final submit. And will dey send u any form of acknowlegment like successful registration?
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by harrisonxury: 8:57pm On May 15, 2017
TheSociopath:

All the criteria listed is for people applying in hardcopies and they were asked to supply names of addresses people who they will contact to send report on you. But all the same, do as you seem proper

If you check your online page under referees' section, you will find it stated clearly there. Besides, since I have been following the recruitment patterns of universities in Nigeria, there is no university that will not ask you to make your referees send their reports directly to the school. But all the same, do as you seem proper. Cheers...

Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by tifany89(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2017
ddjay:

at d top right corner of yr phone screen is a blue tab click on it,will reveal the menu.use a desk top view for chrome browser or high data saving option for opera mini browser
Dont get u, is there like a send button?
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by majeedochu(m): 6:57am On May 16, 2017
ddjay:

I have filled up the form successfully,but i cant find any icon to punch for submition..plz how did you submit after successful filling?...Thanks
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by Calyb(m): 9:02am On May 16, 2017
once u upload any document it is registered in their portal. a lecturer from the university told me. make sure u have every document on ground before u start registration. don't register half way for long.
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by harrisonxury: 11:02am On May 16, 2017
Calyb:
once u upload any document it is registered in their portal. a lecturer from the university told me. make sure u have every document on ground before u start registration. don't register half way for long.

Thankful.
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by ddjay: 11:45am On May 16, 2017
majeedochu:

I have filled up the form successfully,but i cant find any icon to punch for submition..plz how did you submit after successful filling?...Thanks
dats wat i askd earlier, dia is no option apart from saving info u supplied
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by majeedochu(m): 10:34pm On May 16, 2017
ddjay:

dats wat i askd earlier, dia is no option apart from saving info u supplied

O.k Thanks
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by TheSociopath(m): 5:46am On May 17, 2017
Calyb:

Hi, please did the lecturer also write a reference letter for you to the school or the sch will contact them (our referees) privately?
Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by Timika: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
Submission button should have been made available, and acknowledgement sent, so that we'll be rest assured that our online applications have been received. Well let's wait till after 12th to know if the site would be locked.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by Timika: 12:00am On Jun 18, 2017
Wow! The site is closed! That is good.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State by Timika: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
This shows they are attending to the applications.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN Call For A Function Specific Test For Trade Marketing Officer / 'how To Answer The Question, "How Much Do We Pay You?"' / Graduate Trainee Job In Saro Africa Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.