Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

View On Mortality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / View On Mortality (265 Views)

Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's View On Tithing / An Atheist's View On Life vs. A Christian's view on life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

View On Mortality by ArmahZon: 11:32pm On May 05, 2017
The Igbos have an adage "Mgbe mmadu na akwa mmadu ka o na akwa onwe ya"
I was reminded of this today.. cry

We're MORTALS, we'll all die someday, but that's one topic we shy away from.. embarassed
We hate to admit our mortality, even to our own selves.. My pastors don't help matters any when they shout "You shall live, you shall NOT die"..

Humans love consistency..CERTAINTY..
Have you listened to weather forecasts? Went to a pastor/seer/spiritual or religious leader for prophecy? Investigated before an investment?
If you have, then, congratulations, you're human! cool

When we become so comfortable with the familiar, we distrust the unfamiliar..Distrust soon turns to Fear..

We've become so comfortable with life.. Become so used to living that we fear Life's inevitable neighbor.. We don't know what it harbors for us.. Whether it be for good or for evil.. We fear delving into the unknown..leaving the known..the familiar..

I've thought..
Maybe, the "other side" wouldn't be as bad as we think..
Maybe, it won't be the END..
The end of LIFE (as we know it), Yes, but the beginning of another existence which experience needn't our dust and ash..
Maybe...just maybe...
If my thoughts are incorrect, I will find out..When I cross..

To those who have crossed over:
We hope you experience an existence free from the pain and stain of corrupt mortality and more beautiful than life as it is today..

For us that you've left behind:
We hope to draw from the well of courage and strength so as to lighten and bear the pain of the awareness of your exit which are triggered by the things we shared..the laughs we had..the songs we sang..the foods we ate..

May we also be reminded of the ephemeral nature of this existence so that we'll come to know that the Preacher in Ecclesiastes was right and begin set our paths right..

"I shall live and I shall die.." (This was hard to say and to type..)

May I Live Well..
#Karma

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Vulnerable? / Fathers' Day---share What You Learnt From Your Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.