Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal (1078 Views)

Trailer Crashes Into A School In Ibadan Before Break Time / Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking A Seaside Selfie In Portugal (Photos) / Graphic Pics 4rm A Fatal Accident That Happened Along Benin-bypass That Killed 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by kayles: 8:43am On May 06, 2017
Hello everyone, I've really been seeking out a foreign school where I can apply for my MSc with low cost tuition and I found one but they've asked me to pay 1300euro before I even get an admission/acceptance letter. Nigerians studying in Portugal, please I need your contribution. I'll post the mail they sent me. The school is Polytechnic Institute of Braganca (IPB).

Dear Student,
I inform you about the IPB master program:

Foreign students who wish to enroll in a Master programme at the IPB should have completed a degree in a 1st cycle course, organized according to the principles of Bologna Process, or have a degree recognized as an undergraduate course by the Scientific Council of the higher education institution that bestows the degree.
The application process step by step
1st step - Provide the documentation
To apply to a Master programme, you should provide the following documents:
• Application form;
• Authenticated transcript of your previous degree(s). This document should be in English, French or Spanish, or be accompanied by a certified translation in English. Also, the original document should be certified by the Hague Convention Apostille;
• Curriculum Vitae in English, Spanish or French;
• Photocopy of passport.

The documents should be sent to the International Relations Office:

International Relations Office
Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
Campus de Santa Apolónia
5300-253 Bragança - Portugal
E-mail: natalia@ipb.pt
2nd step - Payment of emoluments
The emoluments for the admission process are 1.300,00 EUR, you need to pay this value when you formalize the application and send me the documents, and this value is non-refundable.
Only after the payment of this fee the process will be considered for analysis. The International Relations Office (IRO) will send you all the details concerning the bank transfer.

3rd step - Verify your mailbox
After the admission process has been concluded, we will send you an email confirming if you were admitted at IPB.
4th Step - Request your visa
After you receive an email stating that you were accepted at IPB, you need to confirm your interest in studying at IPB and request us the necessary documentation for visa formalities.
5th Step - Health Insurance and Accommodation
The IPB provides an insurance which only covers accidents that occur on the Institute premises during the days and months that school is open for classes. International students should take out a private health insurance in the respective country of origin. It is recommended that students acquire previous knowledge of all the conditions and coverage foreseen in Portugal. Also, you should present your Individual health bulletin with regularized anti-tetanus vaccine at your arrival at the IPB.
The IPB can’t provide accommodation for international students in the students’ residences. Nevertheless, the International Office can help you finding housing. Please contact us via email (natalia@ipb.pt).
6th Step - Arriving at IPB
When arriving at the IPB, you should go to the International Relations Office. We will guide to the Academic Services to formalize your enrolment. You will need to present your Individual health bulletin with regularized anti-tetanus vaccine. Also, you will be requested to pay the first installment and the enrolment fee. For more information on fees and emoluments, please visitAcademic Fees and Emoluments.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Com os melhores cumprimentos/ Best Regards / 此致敬禮 / Saludos cordiales
Natália Sofia.
Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by dingbang(m): 8:46am On May 06, 2017
Before nko.. Dem go give u admission letter without paying school fees?
Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by kayles: 8:55am On May 06, 2017
dingbang:
Before nko.. Dem go give u admission letter without paying school fees?
Did you read through it all? It's not school fee brother and too exorbitant to be called an application fee. If my application process is to be considered I must pay that sum and it's nonrefundable.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by dingbang(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2017
kayles:
Did you read through it all? It's not school fee brother and too exorbitant to be called an application fee. If my application process is to be considered I must pay that sum and it's nonrefundable.
if u can't afford it u choose another school na.. Is it such a difficult thing to decide on?
Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by Saintsquare(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2017
oga find another school o

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by kayles: 8:47am On May 08, 2017
It's easy to say. How do I find a school that charges roughly 1000euro for school fee per year and doesn't require a TOEFL or some kinda certification to be enrolled. I just assume it's risky to pay 1300euros upfront before getting an admission. I'd have gladly paid the amount if it were to be paid after admission letter.
Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by moonraker(m): 2:10am On May 09, 2017
Everyone wants to Jand by force angry
Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by pat077: 3:14am On May 09, 2017
collins011:

I am an Education Consultant based in Abuja and China but currently in China meeting with schools to process admission package for September intake. I have school here in china that an wirking with that I can get you admission for either
MBA or MSc that is far advance in technology with lower tuition fees.

You can contact me through our contact information for free advice and counseling.

info@diamondjetedu.com or call +8613009133643 or send WhatsApp on 08036811222
does the school tutor in English
Re: Should I Pay 1300euros B4 I Get An Admission Letter 4rm A School In Portugal by collins011(m): 4:55pm On May 11, 2017
pat077:
does the school tutor in English

The courses are thought in English, however, students will study basic Chinese language

(1) (Reply)

. / Cost Of US Ticket / Uber Rider Charged N5 Million For A 20 Minute 5 Mile Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.