Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,444 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire (1142 Views)

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Are You Lukewarm? Take The Test - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:31pm On May 06, 2017
Believers, believe right. See Christ's message to the church in Laodicea, which still exists today (in the form of beliefs held by some Christians.)

Revelation 3:
15“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth." 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—"

Christ said "I could wish you were cold or hot." The “hot” here is definitely not doing our best at keeping the Law in order to gain right-standing with God while still calling on Jesus, as many teach and believe. This would mean getting cut off from Christ and falling from grace. See Galatians 5:4-
"For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace."

The Law demands perfect obedience from those who try to keep it, but no one can be made righteous in the sight of God by law-keeping. See Romans 3:20. Thanks to the preaching of a different gospel, many Christians are still trying to get right with God through works of the Law, after Christ died to give us this right-standing. This is how to get cut off from Christ.

Believers, our right-standing with God has nothing to do with what we do/did or how well we keep the Law. It's got all to do with what Christ has done, because God loved us so. It's a gift without which one cannot be free from the grip of sin. Romans 5:19 tells us "...so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous." 2 Corinthians 5:21 tells us "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

The interpretation of being "hot" as Christians doing their best to keep the Law in order to be right with God would also mean that “cold” is having a total disregard for the Law. Christ said “I could wish you were cold or hot.” Why would Christ wish for us to have a total disregard for the Law? He came to fulfil the very same Law for us! That is how holy and upright the Law is. It takes the blood of the Son of God- our Saviour Jesus Christ- to save us from the consequences of disobedience to the Law: death, preceded by its symptoms of curses, sickness, lack, anxiety, oppression, stress, etc.

Believers, the lukewarm church is the church that is neither under Law nor under Grace; neither cold nor hot. One leg on Mount Sinai and the other on Mount Zion. Calling Christ "Saviour" but not believing that He accomplished all that He did for us on the cross.

Think of it as the whole world writing an exam for which the price of failure is death (the wages of sin is death) and where failing one question means our score is zero (you break one law, keep the rest and you are guilty of all according to James 2:10) For us to pass (be saved from eternal damnation, sin and addiction, oppression, sickness, etc) we need a 100% score, no more, no less. But everyone has already failed at least one question (all have sinned; there is none righteous.) We were all doomed.

God saw how hopeless our case was and sent His own Son to die for our sins, because He loved us so.

Christ died the death that we all should have died and righteously offered all of us the requisite 100% score (His Righteousness, see Romans 5:19) that will give us life, the only brand of righteousness that cuts it with God. But many people hang on to their 99% or less score (human effort at keeping the law and doing good works) which is as good as zero because of their 1% or more stain (break one law and you're guilty of all.)

Others attempt to take some marks from Grace (Christ’s freely given 100%) to "complete" their own score (righteousnesses from works of the Law!) Believing that their filthy rags righteous works should count for something with God, these ones say “I know I am not perfect but God will see that I’ve tried my best.” One leg on Mount Zion and the other on Mount Sinai. These ones here are not totally under Law and not totally under Grace. Neither hot nor cold! This is an abomination to the Lord. See Christ's words to this lukewarm church:

Revelation 3:"16 So because you are lukewarm (spiritually useless), and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of My mouth [rejecting you with disgust].17 Because you say, “I am rich, and have prospered and grown wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked [without hope and in great need],"

These ones feel that they have some good in them, that they are still "okay.” They forget that if you break one law you are guilty of all (James 2:10.) They do not know that they need white garments (Christ's righteousness). They strive to keep the Law to get some righteousness and think “Jesus will understand, see how hard I tried and do the rest.”

Even we would balk at the thought of drinking a cool glass of seemingly cold water that has just a tiny speck of the offerer's poop in it! Because they reject God's gift of righteousness and hold on to their own filthy rags righteousnesses that proceed from self (self-righteousness,) they are cut off from Christ. See Galatians 5:4.

Believers, let's not be found in this church (with this belief.) Our best can never cut it with the Most High God. It takes only the blood of Jesus (no additives) to escape the full wrath of the Law, overcome sinful acts and live right. It takes Grace. We are accepted in the Beloved, not in our good works.

Better to be totally under Law where you see that you can never pass by your own efforts and be driven to Grace; or totally under grace, where you get to enjoy the full benefits of our Lord's goodness. Only this way can we overcome sin.

See our Saviour's words to this church in Revelation 3 because He loves the sinner so:
"I counsel you to buy from Me gold that has been heated red hot and refined by fire so that you may become truly rich; and white clothes [representing righteousness] to clothe yourself so that the shame of your unclothedness will not be seen; and healing salve to put on your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I rebuke and discipline [showing them their faults and instructing them]; so be enthusiastic and repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, your sinful behavior—seek God’s will].20 Behold, I stand at the door [of the church] and continually knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him (restore him), and he with Me."

He wants to be Saviour to the uttermost to us all.

Did you notice that Christ is outside and not inside the church? This church locked Christ outside, rejecting His perfect work of salvation and holding on to their own righteousnesses to save them.

Did you notice that Christ is knocking on the door of the church in verse 20 and not a brothel or a club for sinners? The sinners are in the church!

Did you notice that the door cannot be opened by proxy? Salvation is personal. The message is for people in the church who are professing Christ yet rejecting His gift of righteousness and boasting in their own righteousnesses from works of the Law.

Believers, let's forsake our own filthy (menstrual) rags righteousnesss from works of the Law and rest in Christ's perfect gift of righteousness to us. With His gift of righteousness comes no condemnation for all who are in Christ Jesus. It's His "Neither do I condemn you"that makes us "Go and sin no more." You will not continue to sin. This is the logic of heaven.

Believers, by His grace, let's not be found here. Let Christ be to you Saviour to the uttermost. He wants nothing more for you to be His sheep and He your Shepherd. Sheep are literally helpless and useless without a shepherd. See Romans 5:17-

"17 For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ."

The Holy Spirit will teach you all things.

Believe Right and you will Live Right.

http://rightbelieving101..com.ng/2017/04/the-message-to-angel-of-lukewarm-church.html?m=1
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:39am On May 07, 2017
morning
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by samutd4u(m): 7:42am On May 07, 2017
alryt
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2017
okay
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:13pm On May 12, 2017
alright
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:12am On May 14, 2017
morning
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 2:53pm On May 14, 2017
mmmm
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by Vivian16: 3:24pm On May 14, 2017
By strength shall no man prevail, he that has ears let him hear what d spirit says to d church.
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:02am On May 21, 2017
morning
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 2:16pm On May 24, 2017
nn
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:13am On May 28, 2017
jiggaz:
nn
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2017
morning
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2017
nmnm
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:28am On Jun 12, 2017
morning
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2017
morning ...
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:04am On Jun 25, 2017
nmnmnnn
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Noteddd
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2017
Noteddddddddd
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:20am On Aug 20, 2017
jiggaz:
morning
nnnbbbb
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2017
True
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ffffff
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2019
Thank you Lord Jesus!!
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:16am On Jun 09, 2019
Gooood
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2020
Evening...
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
jiggaz:
Thank you Lord Jesus!!
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:15am On Sep 15, 2020
Bump
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pure
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nowwww
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2021
Bump...
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2021
Yeah
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
jiggaz:
morning
cool.
Re: The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
Look

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians: Have Men Really Given Back To You? / Former Bible Burning Atheist, Peter Hitchens Finds Jesus / Will You Give 10 Billion Naira Of A January Contract As First Fruit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.