Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

I Need Help On My Hard Disk Drive (sata) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help On My Hard Disk Drive (sata) (597 Views)

Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better? / Where Is Computer Gurus: How To Format "sata" Hard Disk In Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On My Hard Disk Drive (sata) by Profy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2010
I ran out of power when I was formatting my hard disk and since then, my laptop (Acer Aspire 4720Z) has refused to boot. My challenge right now is not the hard disk but on how to recover ALL my files and folders on the D drive of the hard disk. Pls i seriously need help cos i have my project in it. I've tried some recovery softwares but all proved useless because they were all demo versions. HELP PLEASE!
Re: I Need Help On My Hard Disk Drive (sata) by saintfaculty(m): 2:02am On Jan 09, 2010
guy am here to help u 4 real just check my thread named recover ur deleted or formated bla bla bla. to know how to go about it or call me now on 08035190867 or 07039709249 or 07030394147
Re: I Need Help On My Hard Disk Drive (sata) by blackweaver(m): 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2010
were you formatting a drive where your files are located? if not get ail linux livecd and try to retrieve your files from the mentioned drive. if you have a fast enough internet connection you can download ubuntu;on the other hand you can download a smaller brand, puppylinux is < 100mb
Re: I Need Help On My Hard Disk Drive (sata) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 11, 2010
i just know u were overwriting your vista for xp - no be so ?

just do what you were doing before

as in put in the windows cd and install windows on drive c

blackweaver:

were you formatting a drive where your files are located? if not get ail linux livecd and try to retrieve your files from the mentioned drive. if you have a fast enough internet connection you can download ubuntu;on the other hand you can download a smaller brand, puppylinux is < 100mb

true that. thats more or less why i dont feel pressure to dual boot anymore - live cds
Re: I Need Help On My Hard Disk Drive (sata) by deji2009(m): 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
Profy:

I ran out of power when I was formatting my hard disk and since then, my laptop (Acer Aspire 4720Z) has refused to boot. My challenge right now is not the hard disk but on how to recover ALL my files and folders on the D drive of the hard disk. Pls i seriously need help cos i have my project in it. I've tried some recovery softwares but all proved useless because they were all demo versions. HELP PLEASE!

take out battery+charger hold laptop

power button down for 30 seconds then try.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring

(1) (Reply)

Hep! Error Internet Explorer / Sony Ericsson Wireless Lan / Explain If You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.