Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job (7475 Views)

Vacancy For A Trainee Database Administrator (entry Level) / Immediate Employment For A Trainee Safety Representative / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Bankyshinani(m): 12:28am On May 07, 2017
hi,i nid a candid advice
i just got employed in a school to resume on Wednesday buh i also got an offer for a graduate trainee job....d engineering firm wants to work on a borehole project n construction of the treatment plant which i am to take part as part of the trainee program
Note:d school is to pay 32k per month n d engineering firm is to pay 30k plus 600naira site allowance
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Nobody: 12:56am On May 07, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice
i just got employed in a school to resume on Wednesday buh i also got an offer for a graduate trainee job....d engineering firm wants to work on a borehole project n construction of the treatment plant which i am to take part as part of the trainee program
Note:d school is to pay 32k per month n d engineering firm is to pay 30k plus 600naira site allowance

Depends on what you studied and what you have a passion for. For me, I would advise you stuck to teaching. But if you've got your eyes on field jobs and engineering expertise, then you can give it a shot. But from my experience, those kind of companies lay off workers like eggs once they don't have ongoing projects. Above all, pray and be wise in your decision-making process.
Shalom!

19 Likes

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by bioneer(m): 2:33am On May 07, 2017
Go for the trainee job to acquire related work experience to boost your cv even if it is for few months.

9 Likes

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by emmy4lov(m): 4:02am On May 07, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice

well, if you desire to develop a career in engineering and want to have a cv with lots of project and field experience, the trainee will be ok.

but if you love teaching or will like to continue in that line, continue your present job. it's all about what you desire to do with your career in the nearest feature.

4 Likes

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by dingbang(m): 4:52am On May 07, 2017
Take d engineering job..

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Mrachiever(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2017
Go for engineering job...it will really help u.God will give u understanding

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by lereinter(m): 7:51am On May 07, 2017
haba why should u even ve problem deciding..
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by EsanEmmanuel(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2017
ANYONE WHO SAYS YOU SHOULD GO FOR A TEACHING JOB NA YOUR ENEMY... PM THE PERSON WITH GENERATIONAL CURSES!!!
TEACHING WILL ADD ZERO VALUE TO YOUR CAREER!
BEEN THERE AND SEEN IT ALL!
1MONTH IN THAT ENGINEERING FIRM IS MORE VALUABLE THAN 100YEARS TEACHING!
SEE... ANY OTHER ADVICE THAN THIS... NA YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE INSPIRE AM

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by dejt4u(m): 8:47am On May 07, 2017
You can easily get another placement for teaching anyday any time.. Go for the engineering job bro!

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Bankyshinani(m): 11:59pm On May 07, 2017
emmy4lov:

well, if you desire to develop a career in engineering and want to have a cv with lots of project and field experience, the trainee will be ok.

but if you love teaching or will like to continue in that line, continue your present job. it's all about what you desire to do with your career in the nearest feature.
i love teaching buh i nid to develop myself in engineering field buh wat am scared abt is dat after d completion of project,i can be laid off n am also thinking j just want to be used
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by emmy4lov(m): 5:55am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:

i love teaching buh i nid to develop myself in engineering field buh wat am scared abt is dat after d completion of project,i can be laid off n am also thinking j just want to be used

I understand, Bro pray to God for directions,

but professionally speaking every training or project you've participate in will help you and is an added advantage when it come to job search.

if you are scared that you might be laid off on completing the training, prepare for it.
what I mean is get a good cv, add your trainee job as your most recent jobs or state that you still work there if you do, add a section of 'projects participated in' to your cv, stating important project you did, start applying for related jobs that require less yours of working experience. you might likely get a good offer, one with good salary. .

Don't allow fear stop you from growing, sometimes you need to act like you know what you are doing, even if you fail, accept defeat and move on.

the sky is your limit

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by fleps(m): 7:23am On May 08, 2017
Sir, it is good you're asking this question for more clarification. You see, the peeps telling you to pray for more clarification are theoretical Christians or Muslims.

I simply do not understand.(to the 'pray for direction peeps) Don't you know you can be an answer to his already said prayers? Be practical, your response can be of immense help here.

Simply state your opinion and help him make a better decision.

At the OP, let's do this maths. Shall we?

For the Engineering Trainee
Career Wise: Good
Pay: Good
Experience:. Good
Job Security:. Bad
Better Job:. Good
Ideas Infusing:. Good

For the Teaching Job
Career Wise: Fair
Pay:. Bad
Experience:. Bad
Job Security:. Excellent
Better Job:. Bad
Ideas Infusing:. Fair

THAT IS MY OPINION ABOVE

You want more pointers?

I find this article handy: https://www.acegoals.com/8-things-that-makes-another-job-offer-a-better-job/

8 Things That Makes Another Job Offer a Better One.

The truth is, do not be afraid sir. Your perception of layoff could be wrong. If you do good work, you might be upgraded. Besides, it will take you 20 months in that school to get the 600k you can get for a month or two or three in that engineering firm.

4 Likes

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Nobody: 7:24am On May 08, 2017
The trainee job gives you professional experience, the site allowance will help in feeding you or transporting you.

The pay might be small for now, but it will be a plus on your CV.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by mooregan(m): 7:25am On May 08, 2017
Baba God love you o. You get 2 jobs and confused on which to pick, while me I'm here with non. Unku, pick the Engineering work and give me the teaching work Na. There is love in sharing ooo. smiley smiley
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by photoshoot(m): 7:26am On May 08, 2017
Teaching, you never know, that student might turn out to be a president, irrespective of gender. smiley

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Funminicrown: 7:27am On May 08, 2017
learning
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by comelyJummy(f): 7:27am On May 08, 2017
Others have spoken well but seek the face of the Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by EngrBouss(m): 7:28am On May 08, 2017
checkout my thread for software list with tutorial training videos

https://www.nairaland.com/engrbouss/topics

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by abels(m): 7:32am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice
.. How will u leave an engineerin trainee job forca teaching job? There ar some questions u dont even need to ask as a graduate

3 Likes

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Nathan2016: 7:35am On May 08, 2017
Well you are young man. So stop being afraid of laid off BS.. I am amazed how young people tend to be afraid of small stuff.... If you really think you will learn more from d field work... Then go and learn... Even If you are laid off...so what?

You might find yourself a better place... It all depends on your Hope faith and handwork....

Please as a young guy... Try and take a risk... Life is too short to be holding you back....

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by LePrezident(m): 7:35am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:

What if you also go for the project and give 200 percent of your effort. If you perform exceptionally on that project, you will most likely be noticed and given other projects and even permanent placement.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by LePrezident(m): 7:37am On May 08, 2017
photoshoot:
Teaching, you never know, that student might turn out to be a president, irrespective of gender. smiley

This view is sooo flawed I can't even begin to think far. If the student becomes president, how does that affect his personal fortune? What has become of OBJ's, Buhari or GEJ's teachers?

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by free2ryhme: 7:40am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice

You are old enough to know what you want.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by kingphilip(m): 7:44am On May 08, 2017
I think two things are necessary for consideration here. One your passion and secondly what you want for a career if its different from your passion.

If you want to be a teacher or a lecturer then the teaching job is ok but if you have a passion for engineering then pick up the graduate training opportunity because this will give you the required experience you need to forge ahead in your chosen career

Not also forgetting other factors such as time factor, payments and other factors you consider necessary.

All the very best in your decision

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Nobody: 7:46am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice

It depends on what you want.

You can't base your FUTURE on just the current pay package.

You know your dreams in life.

Which of these options do you think will get you closer to your dreams?

That's a question only YOU can answer
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Bisjosh(f): 7:48am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice

What did you study in school?

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Iseoluwani: 7:48am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice

Choose between life and death
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by photoshoot(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2017
LePrezident:

This view is sooo flawed I can't even begin to think far. If the student becomes president, how does that affect his personal fortune? What has become of OBJ's, Buhari or GEJ's teachers?

Oga chill, that was just a joke, don't take everything too serious.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by MoyoGENERAL: 7:59am On May 08, 2017
Which would you love on your CV and would boost your profile as an Engineer;
Project Engineer with xxxxx Company, or Teacher with xxxxx School?; Young man, grab that technical experience asap and develop yourself professionally!!!
However, if you aren't an engineer, just close eyes and pick one!
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by sirwallax: 8:01am On May 08, 2017
this guy I presumed is not an engineering graduate because if truly you are, then you shouldn't have problem choosing between your career and some pathetic teaching job.
starting your career in your field of study is golden to your self actualization.

somebody talked about passion for a job. yeah I know passion comes with the fulfillment of our inner desire but hell no, teaching is not one of them . not in this country and rewards that comes with it.

it is ludicrous bringing up the trend in the first place.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by PrickGetSize(m): 8:01am On May 08, 2017
I would opt for the teaching job if I was the Op. No sun to burn your forehead and an idiot shouting orders at you while the engines are blaring.
As a teacher you have the opportunity of selling handouts to the children and making extra pay. And if you're teaching senior classes, chances are you'd find some nasty female students to fvck. So it's a win-win situation.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Exponental(m): 8:02am On May 08, 2017
You shouldn't be asking this.....
By teaching, you give out what you have.
By the trainee job, you add to what you have.
Add to your skills and knowledge today, you can invest in it tomorrow!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get 1million Naira For NSCDC /Federal agency job slot. / Ibadan Electricity Company (IBEDC) Plc Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / Call Centre Agents Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.