Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? (568 Views)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / The Lord's Chosen Storm Gambia, Many Muslims Converted (Photos) / I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by Nobody: 9:51am On May 07, 2017
I have seen and heard some cases of how I fasted for one month and God revealed to me...........
Many religious fanatics always boast how the God had shown or talked to him/her what to do, whom to marry and the likes.
Im not saying that it isn't true rather, I'm being skeptical as any sane person would because all I can see is desperate folks who wants to get respect and fetch goodies by using the name of holy spirit.

A common mindset among we christians is that "every girl suppose to marry and every woman must have a child like the hebrews". In a situation where is the opposite, it is widely believed that it's the effects of the " village people" .

Going with the aforementioned mentality of "all girls must marry" (which is not possible due to girls greater population), I still don't get why after fasting for days, God's only revelation is to marry one rich or comfortable guy or girl like that.

Those guys begging at roadside, pedestrian bridges, etc
Are they not men?
Why cant He reveal him as your husband?
Infact, if there's truly a conversation and one begger is pointed as your husband/wife, would you accept the revelation??
I doubt!!! Maybe you will surely say, That's not the voice of the Lord

1 Like

Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by Seun(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2017
I've never understood why people seek the voice of God for important decisions when they don't rely on it for day-to-day decisions. If the so-called voice of God cannot be trusted to choose the correct answers for you in a multiple-choice test, or to tell you what ingredients you need to buy to make ogbono soup and how to prepare it, then why would you entrust the choice of a marital partner to this same voice of God?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by Nobody: 11:43am On May 07, 2017
The Mind perceives it to be true, hence it is.....

Some abrogate their moral conscience set to God's voice.

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 07, 2017
SirWere:
The Mind perceives it to be true, hence it is.....

Some abrogate their moral conscience set to God's voice.

Thats d problem,,,,,
Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by pressplay411(m): 6:59am On May 20, 2017
Seun:
I've never understood why people seek the voice of God for important decisions when they don't rely on it for day-to-day decisions. If the so-called voice of God cannot be trusted to choose the correct answers for you in a multiple-choice test, or to tell you what ingredients you need to buy to make ogbono soup and how to prepare it, then why would you entrust the choice of a marital partner to this same voice of God?

It's annoying especially when people can't even make basic decisions for themselves anymore without fasting and prayers even worse consulting their pastors. But lets forget the idea of God we've been taught, do you sincerely believe there's no creative force that we are all connected to?
How do you explain the idea that informed you to "create" this forum?
How do you explain the thoughts and ideas that permeate your mind?
How do you explain deja vu and seeing the future in a dream?
How do you explain the force that makes extra ordinary events occur (miracles)

More importantly,what then do you believe?
Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by pressplay411(m): 7:50am On May 20, 2017
LePrezident:

And am I hearing you advocate for a higher spiritual being? You are no longer an atheist?

However this is what informed his idea of creating this forum http://howng.com/nairaland-owner-seun-osewa-full-biographylife-and-net-worth/

And you have my messages pegboardnding in your Facebook inbox.

Not one to judge but I'm not an atheist. I believe in a higher power. I operate at the frequency of Secret Of Ages, a book by Robert Courier and the super powers the human mind wields.
I call myself a free thinker for lack of a better label.
I still pray and go to church. I won't do these if I was an atheist. I just don't think there's a definite approach to God/Creative Force. If there was, we would have a certified beyond reasonable doubt and obvious endorsed one True Religion, but no we don't.
Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by LePrezident(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2017
pressplay411:

Not one to judge but I'm not an atheist. I believe in a higher power. I operate at the frequency of Secret Of Ages, a book by Robert Courier and the super powers the human mind wields.
I call myself a free thinker for lack of a better label.
I still pray and go to church. I won't do these if I was an atheist. I just don't think there's a definite approach to God/Creative Force. If there was, we would have a certified beyond reasonable doubt and obvious endorsed one True Religion, but no we don't.

You got any online or amazon link to this Robert Courier's book?
Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by pressplay411(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2017
LePrezident:

You got any online or amazon link to this Robert Courier's book?

Nah. Just the hard copy. But it's every where.
Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by LePrezident(m): 8:15am On May 20, 2017
pressplay411:

Nah. Just the hard copy. But it's every where.

Will have to search for it
Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by pressplay411(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2017
LePrezident:

Will have to search for it
Cool. You want to delve into my twisted convoluted mind... No warrantees guaranteed bruh. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Voice Of The Lord : Is It Really Genuine? by LePrezident(m): 10:41am On May 20, 2017
pressplay411:

Cool. You want to delve into my twisted convoluted mind... No warrantees guaranteed bruh. Lol

Lol we'll take the good with the bad

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis Stories – The Scariest Sleep Disorder Of All / Pastor Donates His Kidney To Save Church Member. / China Bans Religion, Says Members Must Be "Firm Marxist Atheists"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.