Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,429 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? (2354 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 10:38am On May 07, 2017
Following the recent ban of Jehovah's witnesses in Russia, by the Russian Supreme Court, much reactions have emerged from several quarters; from the UN, to Nairalanders. Most interesting among these reactions are those who are of the opinion that the ban "serves them right", with a whole lot of funny memes to further buttress such opinions.
The temptation to delve into the legality of the practice of this faith and the implications/illegality of the ban, even in the face of the Constitution of the Russian Federation is overwhelming but that's for another day.
What's for today is the curious approach and reactions given to this faith by most of us here. I understand the Jehovah's witnesses preach and practice peace, forgiveness, love for one's neighbour and righteousness. They do not also believe in the deification (worship) of men of God, giving of tithes, with the vigour today's churches impress on its members and most of us here have condemned this approach of today's church.
Now this is my quandary:
How come with all our opinions on what Christianity should be all about, we still express dislikes for the manner of worship of the JWs, despite the fact that the JWs practice their faith/worship in the same manner which the center point of our most of our opinions support?
It beffudles my mind on how a person would extol or praise a suggested pattern of behaviour and then turn around to condemn the behaviour in practice?
Please, what's with us and the Jehovah's witnesses?

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by SUPERPACK: 11:06am On May 07, 2017
direct your questions to the executive producer of the world,

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 12:20pm On May 07, 2017
SUPERPACK:
direct your questions to the executive producer of the world,
Lol
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 07, 2017
Brother,
I think (although not sure) that it has to do mainly with their teaching on Jesus.
Unfortunately, this religious group probably has the worst label (other than Muslims..although they are of a different religion).
But there is a war on Christianity as a whole.
Adventists just got banned also so.....
Things have only begun to occur. We're living in the endtimes.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Redoil: 2:52pm On May 07, 2017
Jw main offence are:
1. They preach against carrying of weapon which is against the russian law
2. They preach against been patriotic by telling people not to recite the national anthem which is also against russian law.
3. They preach against blood transfusion in the face of death which is against common sense in russia
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 5:07pm On May 07, 2017
MZLady39:
Brother,
I think (although not sure) that it has to do mainly with their teaching on Jesus.
Unfortunately, this religious group probably has the worst label (other than Muslims..although they are of a different religion).
But there is a war on Christianity as a whole.
Adventists just got banned also so.....
Things have only begun to occur. We're living in the endtimes.
But on a personal note, why do we treat the Jehovah's witnesses as messengers of a false religion? I've read that several times on NL.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2017
Redoil:
Jw main offence are:
1. They preach against carrying of weapon which is against the russian law
2. They preach against been patriotic by telling people not to recite the national anthem which is also against russian law.
3. They preach against blood transfusion in the face of death which is against common sense in russia
That's why they were banned in Russia, but down here, particularly on NL, do u believe they should be shunned by us? Why?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 07, 2017
DavidEsq:

But on a personal note, why do we treat the Jehovah's witnesses as messengers of a false religion? I've read that several times on NL.

Well brother,

That was what I was saying earlier.
I think it has to do with their teaching of Jesus lack of deity.
People may also get frustrated with the door to door ministry.
I'm not particularly sure though.
Just wondering, are you an attorney?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 9:58pm On May 07, 2017
MZLady39:

Well brother,

That was what I was saying earlier.
I think it has to do with their teaching of Jesus lack of deity.
People may also get frustrated with the door to door ministry.
I'm not particularly sure though.
Just wondering, are you an attorney?
They believe that Jesus is d only begotten son of God. They also believe he is d only way to salvation.
And yes, I am an attorney

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Logicbwoy: 10:06pm On May 07, 2017
Jehovah's witness should not have been banned.

Yes, THEY ARE A CHRISTIAN CULT, but then, there should be freedom of religion.

While the ban is wrong, it still highlights the part of Jehovah's witness doctrine that is quite foolish- JWs actually tell their members not to support their country- no voting, no running for office, no celebration of national holidays etc.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 07, 2017
DavidEsq:

They believe that Jesus is d only begotten son of God. They also believe he is d only way to salvation.
And yes, I am an attorney

I thought they only believe that He was a teacher/prophet but not a member of the Godhead.
Ok....thought so.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 10:14pm On May 07, 2017
MZLady39:

I thought they only believe that He was a teacher/prophet but not a member of the Godhead.
Ok....thought so.
Then u shld read the book "Jesus the way, the truth and the life", by JW. Also read "What the bible really teaches"? By JW. I feel All dis hate being spewed at the JWs is based on prejudice, cos no one has been able to give me empirical facts to support their prejucial opinions about the JWs

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 07, 2017
DavidEsq:

Then u shld read the book "Jesus the way, the truth and the life", by JW. Also read "What the bible really teaches"? By JW. I feel All dis hate being spewed at the JWs is based on prejudice, cos no one has been able to give me empirical facts to support their prejucial opinions about the JWs

Ok....there are many lovely JWs who display the characteristics of Christ.
I don't hate them. I cannot hate them & call myself a follower of Christ.
But in the U.S. they do get & have always had a bad rap. Are you a JW?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 5:45am On May 08, 2017
MZLady39:

Ok....there are many lovely JWs who display the characteristics of Christ.
I don't hate them. I cannot hate them & call myself a follower of Christ.
But in the U.S. they do get & have always had a bad rap. Are you a JW?
Yes, for about 5 months. We have been doing intensive bible study and wat I know now is not even one millionth of wat I used to know.
the JWs have the highest population in the US.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 5:48am On May 08, 2017
Logicbwoy:
Jehovah's witness should not have been banned.

Yes, THEY ARE A CHRISTIAN CULT, but then, there should be freedom of religion.

While the ban is wrong, it still highlights the part of Jehovah's witness doctrine that is quite foolish- JWs actually tell their members not to support their country- no voting, no running for office, no celebration of national holidays etc.

If the JWs derive their faith from the bible, why then would u call their practice, foolish?
By "cult", could u be more particular or clearer?

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Logicbwoy: 5:59am On May 08, 2017
DavidEsq:

If the JWs derive their faith from the bible, why then would u call their practice, foolish?
By "cult", could u be more particular or clearer?

1) Did government come before the bible or bible before the government?

2) Didnt Jesus respect the government by telling people to give unto ceasar what is ceasars?

JWs read the bible upside down and lack common sense in their doctrine.

They are a cult. Only a cult group will think that their way is the only way and the best. Na only una read bible?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 6:14am On May 08, 2017
Logicbwoy:

1) Did government come before the bible or bible before the government?

2) Didnt Jesus respect the government by telling people to give unto ceasar what is ceasars?

JWs read the bible upside down and lack common sense in their doctrine.

They are a cult. Only a cult group will think that their way is the only way and the best. Na only una read bible?

On the issue of supporting the government of the day, pls reinforce ur opinions with these bible verses:
Do not forget that Muhammed Ali was not a Christian but he opposed the idea of being conscripted to go to war. He was stripped of his title but he challenged the action of the US gov't in court and won, on the basis of freedom to practice one's religious beliefs

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Logicbwoy: 7:52am On May 08, 2017
DavidEsq:

On the issue of supporting the government of the day, pls reinforce ur opinions with these bible verses:
Do not forget that Muhammed Ali was not a Christian but he opposed the idea of being conscripted to go to war. He was stripped of his title but he challenged the action of the US gov't in court and won, on the basis of freedom to practice one's religious beliefs

Forceful drafting into the military is wrong. However, anyone can choose to join the army.

The JW cult does not allow its members to join the army.

If you read the bible. David and sail were men of war. They were generals.

JWs read the bible upside down
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2017
Logicbwoy:

Forceful drafting into the military is wrong. However, anyone can choose to join the army.

The JW cult does not allow its members to join the army.

If you read the bible. David and sail were men of war. They were generals.

JWs read the bible upside down
So, in ur noble opinion, we are still in the days of conquest, wr invaders cut down an army of defence, tie down or kill the ruler and enslave the women and their children? Cos that's wat obtained back in the days o David and Saul. It's not an extreme example of butressing ur opinion; it's actually ur opinion and I'm taking it as applicable to the present day situation.
In saying that the JWs do not allow their members to go into the military, appears to suggest that they coerce their members into submission. I understand that th JWs' principles which are bible-based are voluntary or free will principles, wr u decide to do wat u want, at ur own choice. However, whether consequences follow to curb a breach of bible principle, is still a matter of free will, as u can decide not to subject urself to the reprimand. So at wat point, do they force their members from joining th army, wen the bible says "do not kill" and they decide to obey the bible to the letter.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Logicbwoy: 6:22pm On May 08, 2017
DavidEsq:

So, in ur noble opinion, we are still in the days of conquest, wr invaders cut down an army of defence, tie down or kill the ruler and enslave the women and their children? Cos that's wat obtained back in the days o David and Saul. It's not an extreme example of butressing ur opinion; it's actually ur opinion and I'm taking it as applicable to the present day situation.
In saying that the JWs do not allow their members to go into the military, appears to suggest that they coerce their members into submission. I understand that th JWs' principles which are bible-based are voluntary or free will principles, wr u decide to do wat u want, at ur own choice. However, whether consequences follow to curb a breach of bible principle, is still a matter of free will, as u can decide not to subject urself to the reprimand. So at wat point, do they force their members from joining th army, wen the bible says "do not kill" and they decide to obey the bible to the letter.

Pls stop trying to act smarter than you are.

There is boko haram and you are here saying that there is no barbarism to fight against in the modern world.

Your bible based principles are upside-down.

The bible says do not kill but you are ready to let your family members for if they need blood transfilusions.

There have been soldiers all throughout the bible. Yet JWs say it is not biblical to be a soldier. Soldier kings, centurions and warriors. The bible is even a book of war. Many wars were recorded in the bible.

Are birthdays even mentioned in the bible?

Your elders have filled your brain with manure.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by xaggar(m): 6:33pm On May 08, 2017
I've been studying with witnesses for 5 or more years and hope to be baptized soon.
Truth is; the world hates the truth. Why would a "True Christian" think of joining the military? Can they imagine not just Jesus doing that, but the Apostles? Going over to fight other Christians in the opposite army just because they are from another country or geological location? We experienced such in the 2nd world war. German Christians fought American and British Christians! Is that what Christianity is all about.
We must remember that nationalism in itself, is a religion. You join your country's military, you are "brain washed into believing that your country's existence comes first before others, you are told to recite the national anthem of your country which in other words, is a form of allegiance or oath and you are told to die for your country if possible.
Are these characteristics of a True Christian?
Remember, Christ said you are no part of the world. Jehovah's witnesses aren't a part of this world in that they do not partake in such.

5 Likes

Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 08, 2017
DavidEsq:

Yes, for about 5 months. We have been doing intensive bible study and wat I know now is not even one millionth of wat I used to know.
the JWs have the highest population in the US.

Ok....I actually didn't know that.
In the Southern portion of the U.S. (known as the "Bible Belt"wink, JWs aren't as prominent...though they are visible.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 12:01am On May 09, 2017
MZLady39:

Ok....I actually didn't know that.
In the Southern portion of the U.S. (known as the "Bible Belt"wink, JWs aren't as prominent...though they are visible.
Well, u know now and dat says a lot about wat we really "know" about the JWs and wat they stand for
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 12:05am On May 09, 2017
Logicbwoy:

Pls stop trying to act smarter than you are.

There is boko haram and you are here saying that there is no barbarism to fight against in the modern world.

Your bible based principles are upside-down.

The bible says do not kill but you are ready to let your family members for if they need blood transfilusions.

There have been soldiers all throughout the bible. Yet JWs say it is not biblical to be a soldier. Soldier kings, centurions and warriors. The bible is even a book of war. Many wars were recorded in the bible.

Are birthdays even mentioned in the bible?

Your elders have filled your brain with manure.

Should we analyse those bible verses upon which our teachings are based? U have all the chance to also rely on "ur" Bible verses, as we do so.
Firstly, do u agree with me, that as xtians, we must obey the bible to the letter and not in part?
Pls see the bible book of Acts 15:20, 28 & 29. Let's take it from there.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 09, 2017
DavidEsq:

Well, u know now and dat says a lot about wat we really "know" about the JWs and wat they stand for

Brother,
While I may disagree with some of the few beliefs that I do know about you guys, I'm not here to demonize you all.
As you have read in this thread, others are a little more hostile.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2017
MZLady39:

Brother,
While I may disagree with some of the few beliefs that I do know about you guys, I'm not here to demonize you all.
As in "others", u mean?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2017
MZLady39:

Brother,
By "others", u mean?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 09, 2017
DavidEsq:

By "others", u mean?

Oh...some of the other posters who were listing things.
I think you had a discussion with one of them.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 12:32am On May 09, 2017
MZLady39:

Oh...some of the other posters who were listing things.
I think you had a discussion with one of them.
Yes, I did.
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Logicbwoy: 4:13am On May 09, 2017
DavidEsq:

Should we analyse those bible verses upon which our teachings are based? U have all the chance to also rely on "ur" Bible verses, as we do so.
Firstly, do u agree with me, that as xtians, we must obey the bible to the letter and not in part?
Pls see the bible book of Acts 15:20, 28 & 29. Let's take it from there.

What remixing of bible verses will prove that the bible is against joining the army?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by DavidEsq(m): 6:04am On May 09, 2017
Logicbwoy:

What remixing of bible verses will prove that the bible is against joining the army?

Have u read doz verses I referred to, pls?
Re: What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses? by Logicbwoy: 4:23pm On May 09, 2017
DavidEsq:

Have u read doz verses I referred to, pls?

No. grin

Why waste my time? War is an intricate part of Christianity. Even the bible ends with war- revelations and the end times.

There is no single scripture that is against being a soldier. No quoting n twisting will change that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Mfm Sermons By Dk Olukoya? / Should Religious Dogma Be Free From Criticism? / ccc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.