Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network) (3074 Views)

Tytit, A Social Network Created By An 18 Years Old Nairalander / Check Out Social Network I Built From Scratch With Php - Gisthive / The Latest Nigeria Social Network Site 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network) by adenuga558(m): 10:56am On Jun 09, 2017
SilverG33k:

You can use FireBase to achieve this!!

Refreshing every 1 seconds even when nobody is online is bad so make it 4 - 10 seconds WHEN at every 60seconds interval, there is a user online waiting to send message.

This means that it is when a user is online that you run a timer of 4 or 2 seconds interval, instead use a 1 minute interval to check if any user is online at all. Use a background service and Timer to continue running every time to fetch data and when there is a new message, display the message....
I don't want to use firebase I want to use Json php and mysql am designing d charting part I will post d source code soon
Re: How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network) by itinsidenews: 11:23am On Apr 07, 2021
My suggestion is to use a firebase real-time database for creating the instant chatting app. you can easily develop chatting app using the firebase database.
If you are an experienced developer then you can go throw the MySQL database. I had implemented chatting functionality in one of my android projects using MySQL database, you can download a sample app or source here.
https://itinsidenews.com/mymall-android-app-free-source-code

(1) (2) (Reply)

Javascript Frameworks Tutorials / How Can I Set Up Or Run My Python IDE On VS Code On Windows 8 / I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.