Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi (2719 Views)

Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? / Chikaodinaka Nwankpa Resigns After Spending $243k Research Grant On Strip Clubs / The Patient Dog Actually Eats The Fattest Bone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Researchz: 4:29pm On May 07, 2017
World's Fattest Man Prepares For Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Years Confined To A Bed... Photos

The world's fattest man is preparing for life-saving gastric bypass surgery after spending nearly seven years confined to a bed. Juan Pedro Franco, who once weighed more than half a ton, has lost a whopping 27 and a half stone to go under the knife.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-1DWUqwRoX5Q/WQ4nopvWUFI/AAAAAAAC6b4/B0tjV2P7EJMBD5VgWJHGydIKl1LR5C9EgCLcB/s280/HATOM5.jpg[/img]
The 32-year-old, from Aguascalientes in Mexico, has been on a three-month diet to prepare for the operation on Tuesday.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-m19qj798Evk/WQ4nn0L7N9I/AAAAAAAC6b0/8lsQ_lC9CHgru4ZKwtwKWRrbzEqYkwG_gCLcB/s280/HATOM3.jpg[/img]

He will go through a series of intense tests, with his blood, imaging, pulmonary and cardiac function studied by a team of doctors.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-XPtU4Bn4apE/WQ4njAKdEOI/AAAAAAAC6bw/OUt83Js9fIAc0C3P9yw9TTvBZ0xElO8PACLcB/s280/HATOM2.jpg[/img]
Doctors hope the surgery will help Juan walk again - after being confined to his bed for nearly seven years.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-LHgvI7Z4tNU/WQ4neVfVMII/AAAAAAAC6bs/gzz3_LImNIkCheqn5pgw5tZhgT0ugfCjwCLcB/s280/HATOM1.jpg[/img]
Dr Jose Antonio Castaneda Cruz said: "He has lost nearly 30 per cent of his initial weight, so he is ready to undergo the bariatric surgery."
[img]https://4.bp..com/-zZoFl_lbkxI/WQ4nadQlO9I/AAAAAAAC6bo/pn5j3nN-W80dc3pMM6flJDAHnv6AoFj0gCLcB/s280/hatom.jpg[/img]

Juan discovered in November that he was actually 15 stone heavier than doctors first thought.

Doctors believed he weighed nearly 79 stone when he was taken to hospital earlier that month for surgery.

But tests showed his true weight to be 92 stone 9lbs- just over a stone short of record-breaking compatriot Manuel Uribe who reached a peak weight of 94 stone before dying in May 2014.

View more @ Source http://tweemk..co.id/2017/05/worlds-fattest-man-prepares-for-life.html

Lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 07, 2017
O boy see fatness... What's the cause?

What should I say 'get well soon' or 'walk soon'? This too much
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by decatalyst(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2017
Just wondering why some over pampered boy or girl will not only be a liability to themselves, but to everyone around them.

Imagine how many people/energy it would take to carry him undecided

1 Like

Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 07, 2017
Why is that thing so common in Mexico? If this heaviest man thing had a world cup they would have won it back-to-back. I read about that Uribe guy when I was in high school and now this.
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Officialkplus(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2017
This is what happens when food becomes soo cheap.. cheesy
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by hernandson(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2017
been unfortunate is an understatement

1 Like

Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 07, 2017
This can never happen in Nigeria grin
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by odogwu2007(m): 9:52pm On May 07, 2017
How person go fat like this?

Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by divinelove(m): 10:04pm On May 07, 2017
Gini angry angry angry

Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 07, 2017
@Brownbarbie97 What makes you say so,if I may ask?
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 07, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@Brownbarbie97 What makes you say so,if I may ask?
With all the poverty,recession and stress in the land
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 07, 2017
They should just deflate fat boy with a needle. No need for all this long process.
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 07, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
This can never happen in Nigeria grin
Then you ain't seen nothing yet. I have a family friend(a plus sized-lady) that weighed almost 140 kg at some point and she lives here in Nigeria. The thing is,obesity has very little to do with the factors you have listed. Do you know how many morbidly obessed people we have in this country.
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 6:14am On May 08, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Then you ain't seen nothing yet. I have a family friend(a plus sized-lady) that weighed almost 140 kg at some point and she lives here in Nigeria. The thing is,obesity has very little to do with the factors you have listed. Do you know how many morbidly obessed people we have in this country.
You may have a point but no matter how obese they are I don't think they are confined to the bed and can't move.its not as bad as these foreign ones
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 6:48am On May 08, 2017
@Brownbarbie97. This guys predicament started when he had a traffic accident that destroyed half his body and got him bedridden for 1 year+. Although he was already obessed before the accident,I strongly suspect inactivity coupled with over-feeding(perhaps he binged on hi-cal food and beverages all through the time) and certain genetic factors may have brought him to this. Perhaps,there must be something in his anatomy that stores fat at an alarming rate. My point is this sort thing can happen any where in the world given the circumstances and factors that I have listed. Sorry about the lengthy epistle.
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 10:06am On May 08, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@Brownbarbie97. This guys predicament started when he had a traffic accident that destroyed half his body and got him bedridden for 1 year+. Although he was already obessed before the accident,I strongly suspect inactivity coupled with over-feeding(perhaps he binged on hi-cal food and beverages all through the time) and certain genetic factors may have brought him to this. Perhaps,there must be something in his anatomy that stores fat at an alarming rate. My point is this sort thing can happen any where in the world given the circumstances and factors that I have listed. Sorry about the lengthy epistle.
Thanks for enlightening me,I understand better now smiley
Re: World's Fattest Man Prepare 4 Life-saving Surgery After Spending 7 Yrs On Bed Pi by Nobody: 10:18am On May 08, 2017
You don't have to make me feel like a teacher cos I am not one. On the contrary I learnt a few things from you about how recession and stress are producing more skinny Nigerians. I wasn't aware of that until now. Thanks for enlightening me.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Ann Mwangi Mvurya - President Of University Of Nairobi Students Association / Need Help For University Of Ilorin Or Kwara State Polytechnic? / The Top 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.