Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU (746 Views)

Motunrayo Afolayan: Olabisi Olaleye In Sex For Marks Accusation Scandal In OAU / Fire burns 12 corpses in OAU’s morgue / Funny Cartoon On OAU Bed Bug Infestation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU by drmichael17(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2017
Have always been hearing about bed bugs not until my part one days in Fajuyi hall,OAU where I had my first bed bug infestation experience..

Deep in the night I got woken up by a sharp bite on my forearm,I sprang up like a pole vaulter on my bed in response to the assault on my skin,these blood sucking insects already laid a siege on me just like the way those Greek soldiers laid a siege on troy.Legions of bed bugs forming on a single file marching like soldiers returning from a conquest,at that moment I was just wishing I could melt like ice,I scampered for safety then I looked around my room on the floor were like 4 squatters whose bare backs were laced with these blood sucking creatures, I knew that night was my judgement night for all the sins have committed in this world,I began to wonder if these squatters had a lesioned cutaneous innervation despite these creatures with their maxillae deeply rooted in their backs they refused to wake up.

I couldn't take it,I woke a roommate up,I asked him if he had bed bugs scheming to overthrow him,he was affirmative in his reply,the whole room already became their territories. That night was the last time I ever slept in my room(in the night).

I changed my plans,I began to have abnormal sleep patterns,these sleep patterns caused me to start missing classes in my part one days,I started sleeping in lecture rooms at night.I was not even eating good food and I was not willing to let this parasites take the little nourishment flowing in my blood.

I left my room that night and when I returned in the morning,I did a total check on my bunk only to see eggs of these bugs in an uncountable form located in the crevices of the bunk I occupy,I wanted to take action,I reported the case at the porter's lodge,the Porter on duty was just laughing at me,he Infact trivialized the whole thing,he was like "I thought it was something very serious you brought to me".

I could write a book on this but this hellish experience is unforgettable and still very fresh....every fresher that gets allocated to block 2 room 4 in Fajuyi hall will face legion of bed bugs.

OAU students are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea,if we protest,the school management will send us home if we don't the feast organized by these bugs goes on.

I just know that I cannot goto hell twice,my heart has become more hardened to things that could easily scare me in the past...am a survivor.
Re: My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU by shams040(m): 7:38pm On May 07, 2017
Ok
Re: My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU by tinkinjow: 9:01pm On May 07, 2017
I only scan thro ur write up. I only came here to say that because of bed bug experience I hv become very selfish with regards to the people i can open my door to. It's as bad as that.
Re: My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU by Jhosh(m): 10:00pm On May 07, 2017
drmichael17:
Have always been hearing about bed bugs not until my part one days in Fajuyi hall,OAU where I had my first bed bug infestation experience..

Deep in the night I got woken up by a sharp bite on my forearm,I sprang up like a pole vaulter on my bed in response to the assault on my skin,these blood sucking insects already laid a siege on me just like the way those Greek soldiers laid a siege on troy.Legions of bed bugs forming on a single file marching like soldiers returning from a conquest,at that moment I was just wishing I could melt like ice,I scampered for safety then I looked around my room on the floor were like 4 squatters whose bare backs were laced with these blood sucking creatures, I knew that night was my judgement night for all the sins have committed in this world,I began to wonder if these squatters had a lesioned cutaneous innervation despite these creatures with their maxillae deeply rooted in their backs they refused to wake up.

I couldn't take it,I woke a roommate up,I asked him if he had bed bugs scheming to overthrow him,he was affirmative in his reply,the whole room already became their territories. That night was the last time I ever slept in my room(in the night).

I changed my plans,I began to have abnormal sleep patterns,these sleep patterns caused me to start missing classes in my part one days,I started sleeping in lecture rooms at night.I was not even eating good food and I was not willing to let this parasites take the little nourishment flowing in my blood.

I left my room that night and when I returned in the morning,I did a total check on my bunk only to see eggs of these bugs in an uncountable form located in the crevices of the bunk I occupy,I wanted to take action,I reported the case at the porter's lodge,the Porter on duty was just laughing at me,he Infact trivialized the whole thing,he was like "I thought it was something very serious you brought to me".

I could write a book on this but this hellish experience is unforgettable and still very fresh....every fresher that gets allocated to block 2 room 4 in Fajuyi hall will face legion of bed bugs.

OAU students are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea,if we protest,the school management will send us home if we don't the feast organized by these bugs goes on.

I just know that I cannot goto hell twice,my heart has become more hardened to things that could easily scare me in the past...am a survivor.

Hah,bro.. I was allocated to d room beside it tho,room 3..
They had no issue with bedbugs this session.. It all boils to down to room 2 nd 3 oo
Re: My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU by Martinez19(m): 11:02pm On May 07, 2017
tinkinjow:
I only scan thro ur write up. I only came here to say that because of bed bug experience I hv become very selfish with regards to the people i can open my door to. It's as bad as that.
bed bugs can be one hell of a discomfort. People who have not experience it won't know the pain.
Re: My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 07, 2017
My first year in secondary school. It was a boarding school. Bed bug really show us pepper, every night was a nightmare and hell on bed.
Re: My First Bed Bug Infestation Experience In OAU by Bwaal(m): 8:14am On May 08, 2017
Lol I guess you are in Angola?

(1) (Reply)

Check Your JAMB Result Here FREE Of Charge / Neco Questions And Answers Runx/expo / Help A Brother. A Simple True Or False Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.