Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried (45334 Views)

Klopp's Hilarious Reply To A Young Man United Fan Who Wrote To Him / Little Boy Celebrates Goal While Watching Match On TV, Got People Laughing / "Zlatan Ibrahimovic Can Have Sex With My Wife" - Manchester United Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by teamobanabo(m): 6:19am On May 08, 2017
Rest in peace..
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:42am On May 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
He just died for nothing. He died for a club that doesn't know he existed. Even at his burial, no member of the management of the club he supported was present at his burial or no compensation.
All these noise of which club are you a fan of is complete nonsense. How can I be a fan of a club that doesn't even know me?
Wetin dey do una sef? Is it Manchester united that is responsible for the poor infrastructure in Nigeria? Why are you people expecting them to compensate him? The man did not die because he went to watch man u match, he died because an electric pole that was not properly fixed fell. Blame the negligence of government (and not Manchester united) for his death.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by busuyi44: 6:52am On May 08, 2017
We are too passionate for something that fetches us nothing good but pain, sorrow, hypertension and momentarily ecstasy. RIP Bro!!!
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by mekonglobal(m): 6:57am On May 08, 2017
paybak:
I dont watch live matches.. I cannot come and kill myself for my mummy.. That woman would curse me if i should go and die just like that after everything she had went through for me to stay.. And not just death that can not be averted ooo, death from watching football.. Haba.. God rest the dead.. Am not leaving till age 90.

Buh wait, it seems he was electrocuted.. How e take happen?
Stop Saying Rubbish, Death Happen Can Occur In Anywhere At Anytime To Anybody, Non Of Them Evisage The Doom Of That Day Else, No One Would Have Gone There, Dont Make It Look They Went On A Suicide Mission.
Come How Old Are U Again

2 Likes

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by tugrow(m): 7:02am On May 08, 2017
RIP bro
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by tugrow(m): 7:03am On May 08, 2017
mekonglobal:

Stop Saying Rubbish, Death Happen Can Occur In Anywhere At Anytime To Anybody, Non Of Them Evisage The Doom Of That Day Else, No One Would Have Gone There, Dont Make It Look They Went On A Suicide Mission.
Come How Old Are U Again
yes bro, true talk, some month ago it even happen in the church

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by AreaFada2: 7:08am On May 08, 2017
Airtimex:

Which one is foreign stuff again??

Did Nigerian league offer anything to the families? They were even the last to send in their condolences
Stuff = anything.

Therefore anything foreign: food (garri from India), drink (Hennessey), holiday(Dubai), football ( ManU, Chelsea, etc), healthcare( Bubu in London, going to India for kidney treatment/op). It is endless.
I cannot be sure NPL did not. Because local media can easily ignore it.
By the way it should be his locally supported club also doing ManU organised to do. But it appears no local club link. I support Liverpool with mouth. I began because it was one the been biggest clubs to give black players like John Barnes a chance back then. I can decided to watch Liverpool at least 10 times a season. But I do not.

My support for any foreign club is not all that. Whereas we regularly watched Insurance/ Rangers games as kids.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by maasoap(m): 7:10am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

What has Manchester United FC done to compensate the family of this fan who died supporting the club?

You dey naija, you dey form passionate supporter of a football club in UK wey no sabi anything about your existence.

Some football fanatics sha!

RIP!
It's not about supporting one football team in UK or being fanatics, it's about doing or watching what makes you excited or what you derive pleasure doing or watching. Take for instance, I can watch Hollywood movies from today till tomorrow. It's all about entrainment.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by maasoap(m): 7:14am On May 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
He just died for nothing. [s]He died for a club that doesn't know he existed.[/s] Even at his burial, no member of the management of the club he supported was present at his burial or no compensation.
All these noise of which club are you a fan of is complete nonsense. How can I be a fan of a club that doesn't even know me?
Point of correction, they died entertaining themselves.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by biridon(m): 7:16am On May 08, 2017
OrestesDante:
what are those phone numbers doing on his obituary?
..I think they have another motive..maybe just in case Manchester United Club wants to reach out. .
..compensation things...Naija we hail thee! !
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by NobleAky(m): 7:22am On May 08, 2017
rheether:
Yet Ordinary Arsenal we can't even win..
this your kpoff-kpoff gown who sew am for you?
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by rheether(f): 7:32am On May 08, 2017
NobleAky:
this your kpoff-kpoff gown who sew am for you?

LOL! My tailor. Her name is Habiba
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Airtimex(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2017
AreaFada2:
Stuff = anything.

Therefore anything foreign: food (garri from India), drink (Hennessey), holiday(Dubai), football ( ManU, Chelsea, etc), healthcare( Bubu in London, going to India for kidney treatment/op). It is endless.
I cannot be sure NPL did not. Because local media can easily ignore it.
By the way it should be his locally supported club also doing ManU organised to do. But it appears no local club link. I support Liverpool with mouth. I began because it was one the been biggest clubs to give black players like John Barnes a chance back then. I can decided to watch Liverpool at least 10 times a season. But I do not.

My support for any foreign club is not all that. Whereas we regularly watched Insurance/ Rangers games as kids.

My bro. I don't understand how this guys death connects to your write up. The dude died watching football, which can happen to anybody...

Maybe you should consider handing your smart phone to me because is definitely not Nigerian made... lipsrsealed
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nigeriadondie: 8:09am On May 08, 2017
maasoap:

Point of correction, they died entertaining themselves.
Thanks for your matured view without insults. God bless u

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nigeriadondie: 8:12am On May 08, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Please why will United compensate them o? They paid ther tribute, that's all that matters. How many super eagles supporters NFF Don compensate . don't let's play their death with politics. They died supporting what they believed in. May their soull RIP
Impressive u made ur point without insults. God bless u

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nigeriadondie: 8:15am On May 08, 2017
Ekiseme:
Nonsense comments, i tire for some people
Nonsense reply from u
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by jaido007: 8:39am On May 08, 2017
OrestesDante:
what are those phone numbers doing on his obituary?
I wonder ooo.... Maybe to let man utd recognise them.... Incase of if any fund comes in...
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by holysainbj(m): 8:47am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

What has Manchester United FC done to compensate the family of this fan who died supporting the club?

You dey naija, you dey form passionate supporter of a football club in UK wey no sabi anything about your existence.

RIP!
Oga its not about being a fanatic, it was nobodys fault that we have disfunctional poles which caused their deaths. And United has reached out to their families.
Football is the best distraction to life worries.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 8:53am On May 08, 2017
mekonglobal:

Come How Old Are U Again
are you asking me my age, for real? After this disgraceful stinking post of yours.. Are you dumb like seriously? Don't you see i wrote nothing about the late 28 yr old man? I just wrote mine and thats all, not saying a thing about his death.. I even get to know later the cause and i asked how it happened at the last paragraph.. I just wrote why i dont watch live matches.. Common stop being stupid. You can't afford to do this your whole life.. You'd regret it even in your grave if you didn't eventually change before death. MUMU.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 8:59am On May 08, 2017
prosper00:

if your time is now... its inevitable..No where is safe
bros if you want yours to be now, you can go ahead and ask God for it.. I serve a Living God and he hear and sees everyrything i do, so whatever i ask of Him, He does.. So thats what i want and thats what i just said and it has been so by God Grace in Jesus Name (Amen). I cannot say because Grace has covered me now i should start walking at the brink of death.. I wasn't saying anything about the death of that young man, was only telling people i have no such mind to watch live matches hence i die from heart failure or heart problem ish sha. So thats what you failed to understand and speak as you want it bro, and so shall it be.. It is called "The power of the tongue." take care
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Unclerukus: 10:08am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

RIP!
Manchester United indeed acknowledged them and passed their condolence when the tragedy occurred. Compensation lies with the Nigerian government, after all, it was their faulty electrical installation that killed the people.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Oblongatarh(m): 10:33am On May 08, 2017
Rest in the Lord's bossom bro!
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Bhaelarkush(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2017
people saying only in Nigeria that we take football seriously

its like u don't know russia.. where a rival fan can beat u on the street for wearing a rival shirt... where they also threaten black players

italy.. football violence against players and fans

turkey also

so to say nigerians are football fanatics is completely shallow minded and shows ur level of knowledge
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Ndkings1(m): 11:29am On May 08, 2017
paybak:
I dont watch live matches.. I cannot come and kill myself for my mummy.. That woman would curse me if i should go and die just like that after everything she had went through for me to stay.. And not just death that can not be averted ooo, death from watching football.. Haba.. God rest the dead.. Am not leaving till age 90.

Buh wait, it seems he was electrocuted.. How e take happen?
you just spoke like a kid.
even in the confines of your room typing this bunkum do you think you are safe?
death is everywhere... it will locate you any where you're once it's your time.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Gtoosmooth(m): 11:29am On May 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
He just died for nothing. He died for a club that doesn't know he existed. Even at his burial, no member of the management of the club he supported was present at his burial or no compensation.

Are you dumb? Did he die for Man U cos he went to watch manu match? So many person died in the bathroom, office, church, mosque, market and every other places...... He was just unfortunate to be there at that moment..... He also could be in his leaving room playing game on his laptop or whatever, and something similar would happen, then you would say why was he not in the living room?..... Mtchew..... You are alive not because you don't watch matches but because you found grace, and its not yet time for you.... Que cera cera regardless of where you are or what you are doing.... So get that......
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nigeriadondie: 11:50am On May 08, 2017
Gtoosmooth:

Are you dumb? Did he die for Man U cos he went to watch manu match? So many person died in the bathroom, office, church, mosque, market and every other places...... He was just unfortunate to be there at that moment..... He also could be in his leaving room playing game on his laptop or whatever, and something similar would happen, then you would say why was he not in the living room?..... Mtchew..... You are alive not because you don't watch matches but because you found grace, and its not yet time for you.... Que cera cera regardless of where you are or what you are doing.... So get that......
May thunder strike u dead with higher voltage than that which killed d man. It is u who is dumb. U re a dog. Must u insult if u do not agree with my opinion.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by IcemanP(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2017
but the club was quick to send goodwill messages to the families via social media, that's not something u see everyday especially when it comes to Africans fans

secondly i blame our Nigerian govt because they allow those electric pole(s) around populated areas and if we had our govt sponsored cable tv dats cheap and affordable, how many of us go depend on dstv and viewing center to watch football undecided
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 08, 2017
Ndkings1:

you just spoke like a kid.
even in the confines of your room typing this bunkum do you think you are safe?
death is everywhere... it will locate you any where you're once it's your time.
for crying out loud, why wont people read a post and post over again before jumping to say something.. Why dont you read that post over and over again.. I said i dont have mind to watch live matches and i said i have convenant with God not to leave this world not untill i turn 90.. Thats all i said in that post in a summary. Try to understand a post first next time before jumping to say something about it. Thanks
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by prosper00(m): 1:36pm On May 08, 2017
paybak:
bros if you want yours to be now, you can go ahead and ask God for it.. I serve a Living God and he hear and sees everyrything i do, so whatever i ask of Him, He does.. So thats what i want and thats what i just said and it has been so by God Grace in Jesus Name (Amen). I cannot say because Grace has covered me now i should start walking at the brink of death.. I wasn't saying anything about the death of that young man, was only telling people i have no such mind to watch live matches hence i die from heart failure or heart problem ish sha. So thats what you failed to understand and speak as you want it bro, and so shall it be.. It is called "The power of the tongue." take care

those that died too served the living God... was just telling you no body is smart enough to be alive... just thank God for everyday opportunity... #peace
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 08, 2017
prosper00:

those that died too served the living God... was just telling you no body is smart enough to be alive... just thank God for everyday opportunity... #peace
i have nothing more to talk to you about.. You don't seem a believer. If you are a christain, read your bible very well and you would see what God the author of everything said about the Power in the tongue and of our heart as we think. I have said my own. I'm not leaving this world not untill age 90 and heaven has stamped that for me i believe. Those believers that died at tender age never have strong faith to decree to their own life hence they pass away. God that cure cancer 2 its last stage, Hiv/Aids and all form of terminal disease because they have faith and believe they'd be cure. So thats it bro. I have said my own again and so shall it be in Jesus Mighty Name that not untill age 90, am not leaving this world. (Amen). Bye
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Gtoosmooth(m): 12:27am On May 09, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

May thunder strike u dead with higher voltage than that which killed d man. It is u who is dumb. U re a dog. Must u insult if u do not agree with my opinion.

it is very obvious that you are one heck of illiterate and damned idol worshipper..... may your wish for me be yours and your family members in the mighty name of Jesus, cos I never wished you dead.... but asking you a question, so that will be you portion in the mighty name of Jesus, it wont happen to you except you take it back or if God never reigns.... you don't curse every one you see.....
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nigeriadondie: 1:23am On May 09, 2017
Gtoosmooth:

it is very obvious that you are one heck of illiterate and damned idol worshipper..... may your wish for me be yours and your family members in the mighty name of Jesus, cos I never wished you dead.... but asking you a question, so that will be you portion in the mighty name of Jesus, it wont happen to you except you take it back or if God never reigns.... you don't curse every one you see.....
I didnt insult first and i never mention ur family and besides u call Jesus
Infact u re dog son of a bitchmama whom ur swine papa bleeped on a one night stand. Ur a slowpoke with saliva dripping from ur mouth and mucus from ur anus
Can u ask ur mentally demented father that question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Stars Show Off Their Awards At Training After The Fifa's Ceremony / Grand P Meets Ronaldinho In Conakry Guinea / Rohr Pose For Picture With His Medal Along With Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.