Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Stop Going To And Worship God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Going To And Worship God (260 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Why Do You Love And Worship God? / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Going To And Worship God by Recluse1(m): 12:02am On May 08, 2017
STOP GOING TO CHURCH AND WORSHIP GOD INSTEAD

Sometimes going to church feels burdensome and stressful cos i feel i'm wasting the time i would have spent studying the scriptures personally and asking the Holy spirit for understanding. I feel under duress to dress up and then go sit inside a building,observe all the rituals and listen to a preacher who sometimes operates by emotions and sentiments.

What is the meaning of the word "Church"?. Is it supposed to be an edifice or a denomination with it's own doctrines, rituals and laid out norms,values and pattern of things?.I thought the Church should be the body of Christ modelled after the teachings of Scripture and Christ the perfect example not the figments of a founder's imagination. Is the Bible so confusing that people cannot read,study,understand and apply?. Why do we practice things that are not found or explicitly stated there?

Some give communion only to communicants (only God knows where they got that from) while others say playing musical instruments during worship is wrong. Others call a mortal man "His Holiness" and worship him in place of the Almighty. Others even go ahead to confess sins to human beings while others say their denomination is the only "Church of Christ". Some sects say there is no heaven and hell,others say only a specified number of persons had already made heaven purposely omitting some verses of the scriptures that don't favour them. Others accept infant baptism and others pray in the name of the founder of their denomination.

Can you see how silly and confused Christians are?. How many Mosques do we have in a particular town compared to having up to 7 churches on one street bearing different names and preaching diverse things. Is this how disunited Moslem, Buddhists, Hinduists etc are?. All the Mosques in the world,do they have different doctrines and denominations?. Have you ever heard of the " Sanctified Mosque of Allah" or the "Perculiar Assembly of Allah most high"?. Why is Christiandom so torn apart?. What's the rubbish and nonsense called " Orthodox,pentecostal and protestant?. I imagine God looking down from on high and laughing at the creatures he made in his own image worshiping him in hypocrisy.

I have stopped going to Church, i want to worship God in spirit and in truth and that can be done even from the comfort of my bedroom!!. You are the church,see you in Church and i hope you are in Church!!
Re: Stop Going To And Worship God by eleko1: 12:24am On May 08, 2017
in his presence there's fulness of joy and where 2/3 are gathered to serve /worship. God, he's always there..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Avoid That Slip / So Long With Jesus Yet Without Knowing Him... / Jesus Is Transcendent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.