Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos (28798 Views)

Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada / At Ikoyi Passport Office, Old Things Pass Away As Facility Leaves Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by mrbillz(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2017
Did mine for 31k including tips...got it within 2 days

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by lepasharon(f): 9:51pm On May 14, 2017
grin grin
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:36am On May 15, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
I was told I would need passport photographs, copies of my birth certificate and my certificate of origin to apply for an international passport. No one mentioned the N1,000 and N500 tips here and there.

I met a crowd under a canopy who came for the same purpose when I arrived the passport office in Ikeja. My contact gave me a form to fill and told me to join them. After waiting for more than three hours, I was told my file won’t be processed until I had a guarantor, a challenge that took me two weeks to fix.

One of the officers who gave me tough time had quietly slipped his phone number to me while I signed out
. Outside the office, two elderly female officers called me aside and started lecturing me on indecent dressing. They said I was supposed to wear a suit to take the passport so I don’t end up being mistaken for someone who is travelling for prostitution by the officials at foreign airports. I told them it was the work of the devil.

On the good side, I now own an international passport.

Italy here I come!

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/all-the-drama-that-happens-at-passport-office-in-lagos/

Guys do that when they find you attractive or so I hear
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by ponki(f): 6:24pm On May 15, 2017
cry which way Nigeria
Chaii
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by LivingHuman: 12:00pm On May 26, 2017
Lol grin
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by omoiyalayi(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2017
dingbang:
Naijasinglegirl please advise me ... I want to get mine too...

She jst told d u wat she experienced & u a askin 4 advise

Which kind advise again? ?

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by megareal: 12:05pm On May 26, 2017
Very funny writeup. Can't stop laughing...
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by hiyarnuh(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2017
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by spencekat(m): 12:21pm On May 26, 2017
@OP,please how much did you officially pay for the passport?
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by greggng: 12:22pm On May 26, 2017
I thank God for my contacts. I don't waste a fucking time at any of this offices. Passport, drivers licences etc..
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by AlphaStyles(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2017
my belle oooo

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Originalsly: 12:25pm On May 26, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:

You know the usual IJGB signs – singlets and shorts with winter boots

I took off the wig.

This just cracked me upppp! ... but no doubt... the situation is not good. Do share your experience at the airport when leaving for Eatily.
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by wadetaw202: 12:30pm On May 26, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
I was told I would need passport photographs, copies of my birth certificate and my certificate of origin to apply for an international passport. No one mentioned the N1,000 and N500 tips here and there.

I met a crowd under a canopy who came for the same purpose when I arrived the passport office in Ikeja. My contact gave me a form to fill and told me to join them. After waiting for more than three hours, I was told my file won’t be processed until I had a guarantor, a challenge that took me two weeks to fix.

When I returned two weeks later for what they call capturing, I met an even larger crowd triggered by the shortage of passport booklets. Among the crowd were returnees who were there to renew their passport. You know the usual IJGB signs – tattoos, bling-blings, jerry curl hair, weird haircuts, wanna ganna accent, singlets and shorts with winter boots etc.

One guy walked in with a basket ball displaying all of the above signs. It appeared he was there earlier in the day to renew his passport but left when he couldn’t stand the queue. An officer came out to pacify the crowd and this guy, who decided to be our mouthpiece shouted, “Damn man! Shit iz taking too long. We aint gat all day here. I gat practice by 4 man.”

Then he turned to me and said, “Mest up country yo!” Me, I was just like, O-O

4pm, we were still waiting. Another officer came out to call names and the Americana’s name was exempted. This time around, he broke into pidgin in a clear Nigerian accent. “Officer I don tire to dey wait! Person go come die ontop passport! Na wa oh”

People who heard him earlier were laughing. Then he stormed into the main building angrily. It wasn’t long my name was called in for capturing. Beside the capturing office is an iron gate which serves as a jail and Americana and his basketball were doing time there. Apparently he had gone in to make trouble and one of the no-nonsense officers had bundled him into the jail. This time I heard him swearing in Americana, pidgin and Yoruba.

I walked into the capturing room and the capturing officer took one look at me and walked me out. He said they weren’t going to photograph me because I was not dressed properly. I was befuddled seeing that I was dressed in a sleeveless maxi dress which is decent enough in my own opinion. However, I quietly left in search of whom to borrow jacket from but I found no one.

There was a ‘Nigerian mother’ seated outside with their signature scarf wrapped around her neck. I explained my situation and asked her if I could borrow her scarf for a few minutes. After an eternity of staring at me from feet to head as though my approach was disrespectful, she grudgingly handed her scarf to me.

I returned to the office with the scarf wrapped around my shoulder.

When I overheard another officer say, “This her hair eh,” I knew I was in for part two.

The capturing officer told me to pack my weaves. I did just that with a rubber band. He complained my left ear was not visible. I tucked my weaves behind my ears. He said my forehead was not completely visible.

I took off the wig.

The man was shocked. Some people present were giggling. A girl who was on the queue for capturing said the officer should attend to other people while she assist me with adjusting the wig. Left for her I would have taken that passport peacefully in my didi hairstyle.

Five minutes of being told to tilt my neck clockwise, semi clockwise and anti-clockwise in front of the camera, I was successfully captured.

By then, the woman who gave me the scarf had barged in to demand for it. I returned it to her and she held it by an edge as though I had infected the scarf with a virus.

One of the officers who gave me tough time had quietly slipped his phone number to me while I signed out. Outside the office, two elderly female officers called me aside and started lecturing me on indecent dressing. They said I was supposed to wear a suit to take the passport so I don’t end up being mistaken for someone who is travelling for prostitution by the officials at foreign airports. I told them it was the work of the devil.

Italy here I come!

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/all-the-drama-that-happens-at-passport-office-in-lagos/

Your dressing must have been provocative for you to have been taken through such treatment.
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:30pm On May 26, 2017
FOR YOUR MIND NOW YOU DON TALKI KNOW YOUR TYPE..GOODLUCKz#
Naijasinglegirl:

When I returned two weeks later for what they call capturing, I met an even larger crowd triggered by the shortage of passport booklets. Among the crowd were returnees who were there to renew their passport. You know the usual IJGB signs – tattoos, bling-blings, jerry curl hair, weird haircuts, wanna ganna accent, singlets and shorts with winter boots etc.

One guy walked in with a basket ball displaying all of the above signs. It appeared he was there earlier in the day to renew his passport but left when he couldn’t stand the queue. An officer came out to pacify the crowd and this guy, who decided to be our mouthpiece shouted, “Damn man! Shit iz taking too long. We aint gat all day here. I gat practice by 4 man.”

4pm, we were still waiting. Another officer came out to call names and the Americana’s name was exempted. This time around, he broke into pidgin in a clear Nigerian accent. “Officer I don tire to dey wait! Person go come die ontop passport! Na wa oh”

People who heard him earlier were laughing. Then he stormed into the main building angrily. It wasn’t long my name was called in for capturing. Beside the capturing office is an iron gate which serves as a jail and Americana and his basketball were doing time there. Apparently he had gone in to make trouble and one of the no-nonsense officers had bundled him into the jail. This time I heard him swearing in Americana, pidgin and Yoruba.

I walked into the capturing room and the capturing officer took one look at me and walked me out. He said they weren’t going to photograph me because I was not dressed properly. I was befuddled seeing that I was dressed in a sleeveless maxi dress which is decent enough in my own opinion. However, I quietly left in search of whom to borrow jacket from but I found no one.

There was a ‘Nigerian mother’ seated outside with their signature scarf wrapped around her neck. I explained my situation and asked her if I could borrow her scarf for a few minutes. After an eternity of staring at me from feet to head as though my approach was disrespectful, she grudgingly handed her scarf to me.

When I overheard another officer say, “This her hair eh,” I knew I was in for part two.

The capturing officer told me to pack my weaves. I did just that with a rubber band. He complained my left ear was not visible. I tucked my weaves behind my ears. He said my forehead was not completely visible.

I took off the wig.

The man was shocked. Some people present were giggling. A girl who was on the queue for capturing said the officer should attend to other people while she assist me with adjusting the wig. Left for her I would have taken that passport peacefully in my didi hairstyle.

Five minutes of being told to tilt my neck clockwise, semi clockwise and anti-clockwise in front of the camera, I was successfully captured.

By then, the woman who gave me the scarf had barged in to demand for it. I returned it to her and she held it by an edge as though I had infected the scarf with a virus.

One of the officers who gave me tough time had quietly slipped his phone number to me while I signed out. Outside the office, two elderly female officers called me aside and started lecturing me on indecent dressing. They said I was supposed to wear a suit to take the passport so I don’t end up being mistaken for someone who is travelling for prostitution by the officials at foreign airports. I told them it was the work of the devil.

Italy here I come!

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by toastedbread: 12:38pm On May 26, 2017
ee-tar-lee again? God bless your hustle.
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Iamwrath: 12:39pm On May 26, 2017
No , it , yor , yor meen

hahahahahahaha

Funjosh:

You for just reply am like this "Ya Mest up country ya" grin grin grin
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by javispj(m): 12:39pm On May 26, 2017
I paid 50k @festac n after 2 weeks I still couldn't get it, because of some capturing error. after being able to clear the error after 1 extra week. I had to pay another 10k (60k total) to fasten the production process after hearing over 99.9% of applicants complaining about them paying 40,45k since December, January n some even around November last year.. I know I was being defrauded. but the Nigeria immigration service placed me in a situation where by a gun was put on the head of my time... if any body see festac immigration office.u no run.. Mean say u strong angry

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 26, 2017
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by deardevil(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2017
armadeo:

I tell you.

No need for long story. When I did mine it was like magic. I came in the afternoon and didn't spend 30mins

Was smuggled in through one door and presto passport captured.

I tire for naija

bro how long did it take u for the international passport
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by JohnsonEmma(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2017
Italy? OK o
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Touchey: 12:47pm On May 26, 2017
How much did you pay for the passport Naijasinglegirl ?
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by free2ryhme: 12:47pm On May 26, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
Its fu**ed up everywhere in nigeria. The only thing those fools are good at is wasting your time.

If you are in Nigeria then you are fu**ed up too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by ricki: 12:51pm On May 26, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
I was told I would need passport photographs, copies of my birth certificate and my certificate of origin to apply for an international passport. No one mentioned the

I al passport.

Italy here I come!

Any chance we can see u....Wat de Italian should look forward to
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Ofemmanu1: 12:52pm On May 26, 2017
Kusibe77:
Italy?

well, what do I know?
na edo gal, wtf do you expect her to go?

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by kpompey: 12:54pm On May 26, 2017
dingbang:
Naijasinglegirl please advise me ... I want to get mine too...
Dont waste your time in Lagos.This is not registry things where the demand for Ikoyi is on the high.Kindly travel to other neighboring state with your 30k for 64 pages passport, which I know is not cheaper in Lagos.My friend got their 10a.m, picked is passport 2p.m, the same day in Ibadan
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by oyelove(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:

I took off the wig.

Italy here I come!

so funny..
How re you doing?
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by centboy123456(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2017
mrbillz:
Did mine for 31k including tips...got it within 2 days

were is it in lagos
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Ballmer: 1:06pm On May 26, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:

Your story does not validate your indecent dressing. We all get turned on at the sight of a lady indecently dressed that does not validate such irresponsible act. This is simply same as smokers being banned in public places they harm no one but aid promote such irresponsible act the society will be beta without.
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by Ballmer: 1:07pm On May 26, 2017
cry
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by swuftz: 1:12pm On May 26, 2017
hahaha. please don't kill me with laughter. after all said and done with the excuse of been the devils work.. it's Italy you are still bent on going with the passport. you need serious deliverance....
you are great
Re: My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos by MrDojo(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy I love the sarcasm at the end... cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Adepoju's Wifi-Enabled Taxi In Ghana (Photo) / Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa / Atlanta-Bound Delta Flight Catches Fire, Makes Emergency Landing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.