Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others (42807 Views)

Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW / "Ladies Now Offering Sex To Uber/Taxify Drivers As Payment" / Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by linearity: 5:05pm On May 08, 2017
ajpeter09:
and why is riders verification among the list

I think, it is for security of the Drivers. I learnt that a driver was recently killed in Lagos by a rider and his car hijacked.

With cash service offered in Nigeria, anyone can sign up with bogus info, pay cash but can do harm to Drivers without been traced except maybe vehicle recovery due to installed GPS.

Even in the US, where credit card is required for passengers sign up and payment (which means, some kind of trace to the passenger can be done), passengers still commit foul against Uber Drivers.

I doubt if Uber will do this, since it will cut deeply into their profit margin, plus they are even pushing back on Drivers' background checks in the US.

I think, we need a local indigenous solution in 9ja.

1 Like

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Danialuone: 5:14pm On May 08, 2017
These drivers are very senseless.
1.UBER is a simple contract ,you register your car with them......So if the condition is slavery you walk away.
2.Is it not because UBER is seeing your car....Stop going to UBER they will no you are not with them
3.I they ask the management the reasion why?....May be a competitor has come to the market with a reduced price.

WHO PROTEST HELP!!!

1 Like

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by sonety2k(m): 6:07pm On May 08, 2017
cool
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by PastorAji(m): 6:14pm On May 08, 2017
gomyway(dot)com
Thank me later
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Alphageometrix: 6:16pm On May 08, 2017
helphelp:
All those old baba yellow taxi jazz don dey work already.

Those people get jazz
bros abeg I no wan laugh
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by princetom1(m): 6:33pm On May 08, 2017
Danialuone:
1.UBER is a simple contract ,you register your car with them......So if the condition is slavery you walk away.
2.Is it not because UBER is seeing your car....Stop going to UBER they will no you are not with them
3.I they ask the management the reasion why?....May be a competitor has come to the market with a reduced price.

WHO PROTEST HELP!!!

In another word, their solidarity should be to abandon Uber/taxify and then watch dem run after the drivers and partners. If only they will all have a voice. This seems like a better alternative in my view. Also, this is another way for some entrepreneurs to model their own car service and woo these drivers. Like my parent used to say, chop make i chop, na im dey make game sweet

1 Like

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by ednut1(m): 6:34pm On May 08, 2017
Almost missed my flight from lag today. Nobody tell me before i soji enta danfo

2 Likes

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by DisGuy: 6:42pm On May 08, 2017
Why cant they migrate to other app or even combine uber/taxify

what percentage is Taxify charging ?
What is price difference between uber and taxify ?
Is this 40% reduction permanent or temporary?
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by goldedprince: 6:44pm On May 08, 2017
wtf, uber should just deactivate their app in nigeria. nigerians are ingrates
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Ojisik(m): 7:29pm On May 08, 2017
admax:
Even though it's not a must to be on Uber's platform, I support their agitation.

25% Uber charges for their fee is too much, they don't do anything except to connect a rider and driver via their app. Greedy guys!

Why didn't you think about it and make it. It may seem simple on the surface but they had an idea and followed it to reality.

Now you're here explaining how easy the app is, go make your own solution. The fact is they solved a problem and they're getting paid for it.
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by princetom1(m): 7:55pm On May 08, 2017
Ojisik:

Why didn't you think about it and make it. It may seem simple on the surface but they had an idea and followed it to reality.

Now you're here explaining how easy the app is, go make your own solution. The fact is they solved a problem and they're getting paid for it.

Chill bro. Have u seen the calculations?
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by cogbuagu: 8:18pm On May 08, 2017
chalantmike:
stupid move. yhur using a companies idea, platform to run yhur business, of cause they define the terms.

instead of embarking on stupid strike n senseless riot, can't they just pool their resources together hire a programmer and build their own network/platform.

the uber app is nothing more than a database, GPS,profile and rating plus back end web and notification.

1 million tops for a very very good app.
800k a very good.
500k to 300k just basic .

if them go pay I can build it for them,ideas rule the world, taxe drivers form associations, the uber platform is nothing more than that.

Shout up there!!!!!

angry angry
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by cogbuagu: 8:22pm On May 08, 2017
4dor:

You think the infrastructure and talent that powers that "connection" is cheap?

We drivers have joined to empower Uber to be unbeatable.
Them trying to enslave us is totally not acceptable .
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by airsaylongcon: 8:38pm On May 08, 2017
chalantmike:
stupid move. yhur using a companies idea, platform to run yhur business, of cause they define the terms.

instead of embarking on stupid strike n senseless riot, can't they just pool their resources together hire a programmer and build their own network/platform.

the uber app is nothing more than a database, GPS,profile and rating plus back end web and notification.

800k a very good.

if them go pay I can build it for them,ideas rule the world, taxe drivers form associations, the uber platform is nothing more than that.

Why do Nigerian developers always believe in rebuilding the wheel?
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by cogbuagu: 9:03pm On May 08, 2017
DisGuy:
Why cant they migrate to other app or even combine uber/taxify

what percentage is Taxify charging ?
What is price difference between uber and taxify ?
Is this 40% reduction permanent or temporary?

Good questions

Uber know we will ask this questions And they don't want to compare their self with others or they simply want to be the only one in the business. They have ways of killing other competitors.
But this time around their competitors are their run away staff.
This guys know their tricks Weller.

Uber can as well bring down their fares like others but the fact that thet are the 1st in the busuness they dont want to copy others.

Below are Uber thoughts
1. Let's do a promo!
Is a no go area. Last one was a fraud and no rider will accept that idea.

2. Let change the name promo and call it "Reduction in price and top up fare" to confuse drivers and partners.
Now we know is simply slavery .

Taxify know Uber has tricks up their sleeve. They play save by making their fare dynamic. But always keeping it below Uber fare in a way Uber will not have a base plan to fight back.

Uber did not say is temporary.
But we know it will last until their competitors are all dead just the way they killed many in their last promo.
And they want to do this real quick by giving simply condition which is stay online for satain hours to get top up on ride or no ride.
They just don't want you to be in other platform.

Let's see has it goes.

People are extremely angry and many go burning their office..
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by oyienootieno: 9:23pm On May 08, 2017
frisky2good:
Paint your cars yellow and black now! Before UBER people no dey do taxi business?

They are just noise makers.. i have 2 vehicles and they are still working.. no be only protest.. Uber is just additional income not a major job.
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by kagari: 10:00pm On May 08, 2017
chalantmike:

800k a very good.

lets talk pm me or send a mail to okaforraphael23@yahoo.com
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by cogbuagu: 10:22pm On May 08, 2017
oyienootieno:

They are just noise makers.. i have 2 vehicles and they are still working.. no be only protest.. Uber is just additional income not a major job.

The cars are yours that why u talk like this.
Is additional income to u but main means of living for your drivers.

Pls this time next week I want to hear from u the difference in profit u made most importantly fuel cost

1 Like

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by sehawale: 10:31pm On May 08, 2017
Danialuone:

WHO PROTEST HELP!!!

Good thoughts but this protest will cause awareness that will help prospective uber drivers decide whether to join uber or not. Uber works on "Soldier go, soldier come mentality". So if the present unhappy set decide to boycott uber without the protest/awareness campaign, new unsuspecting drivers would come in and the cycle continues like that. Uber's revenue won't be too affected and they won't see need to self-regulate. Uber is feeding fat on our ignorance and large unemployed population in Nigeria. So let them protest so everyone will know it's not profitable to partner with uber. At least no new maga will join uber after this awareness.
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 08, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Why do Nigerian developers always believe in rebuilding the wheel?
cause in the realm of ideas, nothing is original.
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 08, 2017
cogbuagu:

Shout up there!!!!!
angry angry
yes sir
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 08, 2017
linearity:

I think, it is for security of the Drivers. I learnt that a driver was recently killed in Lagos by a rider and his car hijacked.

With cash service offered in Nigeria, anyone can sign up with bogus info, pay cash but can do harm to Drivers without been traced except maybe vehicle recovery due to installed GPS.

Even in the US, where credit card is required for passengers sign up and payment (which means, some kind of trace to the passenger can be done), passengers still commit foul against Uber Drivers.

I doubt if Uber will do this, since it will cut deeply into their profit margin, plus they are even pushing back on Drivers' background checks in the US.

I think, we need a local indigenous solution in 9ja.

UBER is working on a panic button for drivers on the app

1 Like

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by airsaylongcon: 12:00am On May 09, 2017
chalantmike:
cause in the realm of ideas, nothing is original.

Exactly my point. So why build from the start when u can leverage on existing solutions?
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by makizee(m): 12:12am On May 09, 2017
Well...Uber is not veing fair, but it's also not like driver partners do not have a choice, make taxify and Oga taxi as popular as uber, dump the uber app..
Shikena
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by mywells: 12:33am On May 09, 2017
I left uber the fourth week I was pair, as in it was crazy with 100k every week 1k does not belong to the driver,.now am at Red cab 20k belongs to me every week after 25k remittance.
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by preciousgreen42: 4:14am On May 09, 2017
Please read to the end...

THE BUSINESS OF THE 21st CENTURY

“ENTREPRENEURSHIP”

For decades, we have lived in an industrial age. An age where we were told “go to school, study hard, get good grades so you can get a good paying job, so that your job would take care of you”. Now don’t get me wrong, no one is saying that going to school is bad/wrong, no. On the contrary, we should go to school to have a formal education and be enlightened. But while in school and after graduating, you should aim higher than seeing yourself sitting in an office, earning a ‘basic salary’ at the end of every month and saying “good morning sir/ma” to someone for the next 15 years of your life. Every year, thousands of students graduate and only 20% get good jobs. The remaining 80% roam the streets with CVs. You should graduate with the drive to be an employer of labor, not an employee. You should graduate with the passion to own your own business. People have searched and are still searching for jobs everywhere in the country, even outside the country. Some of them have got 1st, 2:1 or 2:2 qualifications and yet, they’re still sitting at home. Okay, let us closely examine the 20% that has got jobs. Can all of the 20% be proud enough to say “I love my job and I am very satisfied with it? Obviously not. It is a known fact that out of 100% of an employee’s effort/input into the productivity of an establishment, the company keeps 90% and returns 10% to the employee in monetary value. By simple explanation, this means that if as an employee, you’re being paid thirty-thousand naira (#30,000) a month, that is just 10% of the actual amount you should be paid, which is three-hundred thousand naira (#300,000). That means, you’re earning 10% of your actual salary. Well, I know a lot of people would disagree.
We have gone past the industrial age. We now live in the information age. An age where a piece of information or a single idea could be the start of a new revolution. An age where everyone should be bosses of their own. Would you not rather have your own business/establishment & determine the amount of income you earn, than work for an organisation that gives you 10% of your actual input? Would you not rather have your own business, become an employer yourself and build genuine wealth for your generations unborn? These are questions worth asking. Would we not want to become the likes of Dangote, Gates, Kiyosaki and all other big business owners? These are questions worth pondering on. Millions of Nigerians keep crying for jobs, but there is an opportunity for you to be responsible for how much you earn a month. An opportunity for you to be responsible for your income flow-rate. The problem is, people operate on the context of their vision. Not forgetting, inner conversation is the reason why most people take their potentials to the grave. The voice that tells you to be afraid of both success and failure. People become comfortable and satisfied, they stop improving on themselves. When you don’t feel worthy of your goals and aspirations, you feel they’re too big for you, you begin to put up destructive behavior (procrastination, complacency, etc.).
No matter how paid you are as an employee, you have to understand that you have a limit! But when you’re an entrepreneur, there’s no limit to what you can achieve. As an employee, you have a fixed salary, no time freedom and one of these three (3) things must put you out of the job; Resignation, Retrenchment or Retirement. As an entrepreneur (A big business owner) you have financial freedom, time freedom, no Resignation, no Retrenchment and no Retirement.
This is why we at S.N.L are giving Nigerians the opportunity to walk the path to financial freedom. We are giving them the opportunity to become big business owners, irrespective of your field of study or qualification. We are giving them the opportunity to create genuine generational wealth through shared commitment and hard-work. We are giving them the opportunity not just to be a voice, but to give voice to those who are afraid to speak because of their financial status.
If you feel you’re not too young to have assets registered in your name, you feel you’re old enough to take care of both your needs and that of your family, no matter how expensive they may be, you feel the need to impact positively to as many lives as you can, you’ve got the opportunity to do so. It is said “Success is not in the number of cars you drive, or the number of houses you have, it’s in the number of lives you’ve been able to impact positively”

REQUIREMENTS:
20-45 years
Resident in Lagos or will be willing to relocate.

QUALIFICATION:
SSCE, OND, HND, B.Sc., M.Sc., PhD.

FIELD:
All fields apply.
Kindly forward your CV to the email address: tbot21stcentury@yahoo.com
OR, forward the following details: Home address, Location, Sex, Age, Phone Number & Qualification to the number: 08170760898

KINDLY SEND DETAILS IN THE ORDER IT WAS WRITTEN
This opportunity is open to all, but more especially to the graduates.

“The critical Ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow, not next week, but today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer” – Nolan Bushnell, entrepreneur.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Nobody: 11:23am On May 09, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Exactly my point. So why build from the start when u can leverage on existing solutions?
because there are certain privileges, opportunities ,name,honour reserved for the first to implement an idea, its the one thing no one can take away, its like trying to recreate an original art piece, yhu can make it better, prettier,more perfect than the original Buh never like the original.
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Nobody: 11:27am On May 09, 2017
Danialuone:

WHO PROTEST HELP!!!

I swear with goodluck and the right mindset a single driver can establish the Rit network where he does not need the uber company, even in the other countries there are private limousine drivers.
Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by DisGuy: 5:04pm On May 09, 2017
The problem with the model in nigeria is that unlike in other countries, it was built with the driver and uber partnership mindset. no middle men investors

Those that are owner drivers will always be in a better position than those remitting money to oga investors. Nigerian investors have a mindset of recouping investment and making profits the very next day
Uber on the other hand will play long, making losses until everything evens out with competitors and investors-esp those that forced them to lower the car age requirements

2 Likes

Re: UBER/TAXIFY Drivers Embark On A Strike Action Over Reduction In Fares, Others by Konquest: 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
chillex8:
Uber/Taxify drivers, Lagos chapter, today are going on a strike action to protest the following:

1. Sudden(40%) reduction in fares.

2. 25% commission charged by Uber.

3. Riders verification .

4. Safety and insurance of drivers/partners.

Will update with pictures......

^^^^^^^^

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / Man And His Car Stuck In Lagos Flood After Heavy Rainfall / Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.