Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,498 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1252700 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LaddyB1(f): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
seyo99:

Congratulations to you and your family, please when is your resumption date

Thanks, it's 20th of October.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
LaddyB1:

Sorry was so excited, hence the short message.
We used online lodgement, visa subclass 500 postgraduate research sector visa ( PhD).

Coe received on the 10th of July with tuition scholarship, Oshc and living allowance.
School: The University of Western Australia.
Visa application submitted online 1st of August, 2017 (medicals front-loaded).
Visa granted 22 September 2017 (For hubby, me and baby).
No CO contact
No statement of account submitted.
Hubby wrote immigration office Pretoria requesting for visa outcome on the 20th September and direct grant received this morning.

God is faithful.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ham334488: 3:42am On Sep 25, 2017
Good morning everybody.
I deferred my admission from July to February.
Pls how old should the S.O.A. to be submitted to school be.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 8:07am On Sep 25, 2017
ham334488:
Good morning everybody.
3 months should suffice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gracee101: 10:57am On Sep 25, 2017
Howoheye:

Most TAFE programs are in progression, try and check if this very school have a course you can further in after your diploma. It's very likely they have Advanced Diploma in early childhood education and care - combining that will add up to 2years plus, hence ur staying back should not be an issue.

Do you have a Uni degree already?

bro I have a uni degree i intend applying to Tafe WA for diploma nursing 1.5yrs kindly advice being that I have a low undergraduate degree in a medical course as what are my chances for visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gracee101: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2017
Haliru001:
Instead of going for the Msc in nursing it's better u go for the Bachelor of nursing (graduate entry), which is 2 years. It's for people who already have a degree in another course. You can google the schools in Australia that offer the program. Western Sydney University, QUT and UQ are some of the schools that offer it. WSU isn't an AL1 school tho

Bro how easy is it to get the visa with this route of graduate entry/ bridging to nursing with a degree already?

Secondly I would appreciate schools that would accept me preferably WA.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
finally touched down Melbourne on 24th September 2017, a very long trip it was. My POE experience was a little long but it all went well at the end. All glory to God. My advise for those coming to Australia any soon, kindly visit the airport to meet directly with airlines to see if the could fix a flight with less layovers, long layovers could be very tiring trust me am a living testimony. I had to spend 20hrs in Istanbul alone and the only airport within the airport is way too expensive. Also food served weren't that cool for me sha *my opinion*, i heard south African airlines are good but the point is visit the airport or call the airlines sha. If i remember any other thing,would gladly share for now na sleep sure pass.

dpnt mind the errors.#shoye

My10kobo.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AjalaTravels: 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
cassareknow:
finally touched down Melbourne on 24th September 2017, a very long trip it was. My POE experience was a little long but it all went well at the end. All glory to God. My advise for those coming to Australia any soon, kindly visit the airport to meet directly with airlines to see if the could fix a flight with less layovers, long layovers could be very tiring trust me am a living testimony. I had to spend 20hrs in Istanbul alone and the only airport within the airport is way too expensive. Also food served weren't that cool for me sha *my opinion*, i heard south African airlines are good but the point is visit the airport or call the airlines sha. If i remember any other thing,would gladly share for now na sleep sure pass.

My10kobo.

Longer layovers usually come cheaper.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LaddyB1(f): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Howoheye:

Congrats
Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LaddyB1(f): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
cassareknow:

My10kobo.

Hi, I bless God for the safe trip. Please which airline did you use?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 7:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
Is there any stipulated time frame for schools in Australia to grant admission? I been waiting for mine for almost a month now. I'm not fretting, just need to know from folks that got theirs already. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrFuckallday:
Is there any stipulated time frame for schools in Australia to grant admission? I been waiting for mine for almost a month now. I'm not fretting, just need to know from folks that got theirs already. Thanks
Call or Email the school and ask them what's up with your application
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bethely: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Good job you are doing here. I see wonderful contributions and suggestions.

Pls I want to apply for PhD in mechanical engineering. my option is Thermal/Thermofluids engineering. I intend to study with scholarship in Australia. Please will I get admission before I apply for scholarship or I will apply for both at same time.
Pls how do I go about it.

I have my proposal ready and I am a lecturer...but I don't want to go through TET-FUND because of the bond involved.
Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cuteytohbad(f): 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
cassareknow:

My10kobo.

Eyah pele ... Welcome to Australia .Transit thru Istabul wf Turkish Airline is usually 20 to 24hrs but it is cheaper thou.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stateboy8080(m): 10:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
yours is still fresh. mine is 9 weeks already and no admission yet. uni of western Australia.
MrFuckallday:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zehava: 1:40am On Sep 26, 2017
Hey Gracee101, where did you get your BSc degree? Are you in Australia already?
First, get a school of your choice, make an application, get an offer then apply for visa, that easy!
Quick tip: you can also check UAC's website for schools that offer Graduate Entry Nursing.
Gracee101:

Bro how easy is it to get the visa with this route of graduate entry/ bridging to nursing with a degree already?

Secondly I would appreciate schools that would accept me preferably WA.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
LaddyB1:

Hi, I bless God for the safe trip. Please which airline did you use?

Turkisk airline
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
cuteytohbad:

Eyah pele ... Welcome to Australia .Transit thru Istabul wf Turkish Airline is usually 20 to 24hrs but it is cheaper thou.

thanks dear
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dwal: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
please house.
Do anyone any school in Australia that do not require IELTS or any exams to get admission? for masters degree or certificate course.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Toks07: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Sossski:
When coming to study in Australia, please if you plan to work and study, try to get some skills before coming. When I say some skills, I mean skills like knowing how to drive, how to barb, hairdressing skill. U can easily get a job if you have worked at supermarkets or if you have logistic, marketing and public relation skills. These skills can get you a job within 5days. Generally, Australians are good and friendly people. Food is cheap, but rent is affordable if you can get a friend to share with. But it is somewhat costly if you depend on work to pay your tuition and rent. But, you will survive it if you are hulk hogan kind of person. People do that here. As per school, you ll be glad you come if you eventually get the visa. Before I got here. In my case, I waited for my visa for about 4months and I got it when I was expected to resume in two days time. I had to travel immediately, with air ticket cost of about 800k because I bought it the same day I got the visa and I had to travel the following day. I couldn't take my local food, but I found lovely places I could get my Amala and semo here in Australia. Again, I left with small dollar, I didn't know anyone here, but through the help of Nigerian students association, I got a place the same day I got there for 130 dollar for a week before moving to my rented apartment. Concerning learning here, I wish I had studied in Australia since I was born. Several development and training programmes organised to integrate student into the academic world. But as Nigerians, you will cope since they speak clear English. Let me add that I got 9 different scholarships (2 in Australia). I didn't have a first class but I made good grades and I applied for them directly to my school. When I was leaving home, I had to borrow a lot to pay for medical, visa fee, insurance and even air ticket, just to fulfil my dream. Please don't allow anything to stop you. You can search for scholarship if you intend to enroll for a PhD course, regardless of the course or area of research study. Mine was in Philosophy. You have 95percent chance to learn all you need to succeed in life in Oz. Where I work here in Nigeria before travelling, my annual salary was 400k, but here while studying my monthly stipend gives me almost twice my annual salary in a month. So ask me: Why won't I study? Please do the best you can and pursue your dream. And let me say this: pray, work and don't forge your documents. Say the truth in your visa application---truthfulness is what has worked for me and for others that I have met here in Australia....I'd feel I owe you guys my testimony and advice.

Congratulations
Pls what exams did you write before applying for phd scholarship .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iykedpetes(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
I applied online for the student visa on the 31st of July 2017,  from Nigeria,my school will be resuming on the 2nd of October 2017. From the day of application I have not gotten any update from the embassy, I just sent the embassy a mail ..wat should I do my brothers and sisters thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
must i remain the money for three months before i could apply for visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jrevelation(m): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
Brothers anyone any school in Australia that do not request for IELTS or any test? for masters degree/any
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
iykedpetes:
I applied online for the student visa on the 31st of July 2017,  from Nigeria,my school will be resuming on the 2nd of October 2017. From the day of application I have not gotten any update from the embassy, I just sent the embassy a mail ..wat should I do my brothers and sisters thanks

Buy plenty of chill pills. But while waiting, get your stuffs ready in case the grant comes in late. If it doesn't, defer to Feb 2018. There's really nothing you can do to facilitate the visa assessment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Aallizzwellwole: 2:51am On Sep 27, 2017
Pls, as a university graduate, do I need to write any English language exam before my visa could be granted.. Because have succeeded to secure a diploma admission
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 6:22am On Sep 27, 2017
My advise to people applying for visa and all debit urself all this agents are lazy fools and time wasters. My agent as been on this application is for two weeks does it take this long ni. Two weeks I made school fees payment and Oshc over a month ago far. Giving me excuses am tired of all this I already feel I have to defer even without applying cos I doubt if I can get grant within a month and this agent is showing no sign of hurry.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 7:47am On Sep 27, 2017
ham334488:
Good morning everybody.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2017
The SOA should be 90 Days old or more. But not less Dan 90 days. ( 3months old) statement wil be very OK.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Twallace: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2017
All the school I intend to apply for masters keep on referring me to agent. Please, how much is normal agent fees?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2017
Twallace:
All the school I intend to apply for masters keep on referring me to agent. Please, how much is normal agent fees?
Lowest 70k
Highest 200k

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by guadete: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2017
Are these test among what someone has to do for medical, x-ray, blood test, yellow fever and where is the test in Lagos. How long does the result take

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.