Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1252660 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eclecticbaron: 7:02am On Jun 11, 2018
Teehomies:
Hello bro, glad to know you're coming to Tassie. I'm currently studying in Launceston Campus. Before i left naija, i heard all stuffs about Tasmania in terms of job. It's true that you can't compare Tasmania to other cities on the mainland as regards job. But i can tell u that irrespective of where you are in Aussie, you can get jobs. Its only based on your believe and intensity to look for one. I have barely spent 4months here and i can't even count the number of jobs I've been involved in. I currently have two stable jobs with all the rant about no jobs in Tassie. It's been God's grace so far tho but u also have to put in effort and explore all possible options without trying to be selective. Hobart is even far better than Launceston in all ramifications. So don't be worried , just go ahead and apply for your visa. I wish you all the best.
Good to hear from someone currently residing in Tasmania. Thanks bro, your message is very encouraging. I'm glad to know that it's not all gloomy in Tasmania in terms of work. Please a few quick questions,are you working more than the required 20hrs/week? Or you are doing more, and are you earning the minimum wage or you are able to make more money? Thanks brotherly. God bless you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 7:04am On Jun 11, 2018
so what is the assessment level for nigeria? is it closer or farther than that.
Solitin40:

The processing time frame you saw on their website is not for Assessment level 3 countries(Nigeria)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teehomies: 7:26am On Jun 11, 2018
I'm earning above the minimum wage. You can earn above 30perhour on some jobs. Some students work above 20hrs per week but you are not suppose to work more than that during session. You can work for 40hrs/wk during semester and session breaks.
eclecticbaron:

Good to hear from someone currently residing in Tasmania. Thanks bro, your message is very encouraging. I'm glad to know that it's not all gloomy in Tasmania in terms of work. Please a few quick questions,are you working more than the required 20hrs/week? Or you are doing more, and are you earning the minimum wage or you are able to make more money? Thanks brotherly. God bless you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eclecticbaron: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2018
Teehomies:
I'm earning above the minimum wage. You can earn above 30perhour on some jobs. Some students work above 20hrs per week but you are not suppose to work more than that during session. You can work for 40hrs/wk during semester and session breaks.

Waoh! You earn above 30aus$. That's very encouraging. The sort of work you do, does it involve communicating with clients? I learnt it helps in getting future jobs if one does stuff that involves communicating with clients. Good one bro. Any engineering jobs out there (I know I'm asking too many questions, please I'm just curious)? Somfin that could enhance my cv after I've completed my studies. God bless you bro for all your valuable info.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2018
mikeufuoma2016:

But it has already been submitted

it can still be uploaded
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikeufuoma2016: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2018
crucifixio80:

it can still be uploaded

Ok. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Perfect1989: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2018
sup guys i need your contribution on this please;i have a friend who has OND in Accounting (2013) and he want to apply for a student visa in Australia please what kind of Admission will be suitable for hiM, can he apply to TAFE his around 30 years of age or should he apply for bsc programme, can in apply for a graduate certificate in accounting?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dannycrane77: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=eclecticbaron post=68368228]
Good to hear from someone currently residing in Tasmania.

Hey bro, was you phd offer at the university of tasmania with a scholarship. Am also heading to University of tasmania phd.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eclecticbaron: 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=dannycrane77 post=68379471][/quote]
Yes bro, I have a scholarship at the University of Tasmania. But it's just the tuition.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dannycrane77: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
eclecticbaron:

Yes bro, I have a scholarship at the University of Tasmania. But it's just the tuition.

OK bro . Was it an advertised position you applied for.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
Perfect1989:
sup guys i need your contribution on this please;i have a friend who has OND in Accounting (2013) and he want to apply for a student visa in Australia please what kind of Admission will be suitable for hiM, can he apply to TAFE his around 30 years of age or should he apply for bsc programme, can in apply for a graduate certificate in accounting?
TAFE at 30yrs? thats a red flag oo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Perfect1989: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
chimax1:
TAFE at 30yrs? thats a red flag oo
how about a graduate certificate programme
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eclecticbaron: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
dannycrane77:

OK bro . Was it an advertised position you applied for.

It wasn't advertised per say bro, I just found it through a search. They have several scholarships available till date.

Your own program isn't it a scholarship?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
chimax1:
orientation date 16th july. applied 31st may. application processing time 40-50 days..visa never show yet..can i make my start date? Even if na 1 day left, the way e de do me,dont mind leaving with empty bag.
relax Bro u will get ur visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
Perfect1989:
how about a graduate certificate programme
since he has an Ond already he should go for a bsc. Age is a huge factor wic these embassies consider. he should also write a convincing sop to explain the gap 2013 to date nd what he has been doing since then..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
tobe4real:
Amen..thanks bro.how has aussie been treating u?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
tobe4real:

Subsequent Entrant is taking forever. any idea how many months
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 1:26am On Jun 12, 2018
crucifixio80:

Subsequent Entrant is taking forever. any idea how many months
no idea bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 1:30am On Jun 12, 2018
chimax1:
Amen..thanks bro.how has aussie been treating u?
at first i was regretting why i came here,but it eventually became good and will get better.like the other dude said there are jobs in every part of Aussie just that in some places you might require extra efforts and street smartsm to get dem jobs.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikeufuoma2016: 2:55am On Jun 13, 2018
tobe4real:
no idea bro

Is it up to 4 months. I saw somewhere where it is stated to be 4 months.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 3:15am On Jun 13, 2018
tobe4real:
no idea bro

just logged into my immi account and saw status finalized am yet to receive a mail concerning the outcome. any ideas please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 4:53am On Jun 13, 2018
tobe4real:

just logged into my immi account and saw status finalized am yet to receive a mail concerning the outcome. any ideas please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nogara: 5:45am On Jun 13, 2018
Congratulations in advance. Your grant will fall on you soon.
crucifixio80:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 6:16am On Jun 13, 2018
Just pray and trust God for positive response. You can check your visa status on Vevo. Who receives mail for your application you or your agent? If its you then check you mail very well and also spam mail. Good luck!!! I have been expecting my visa since January....not an easy wait but My hope and trust is in God. When did you apply and any contact from co?

crucifixio80:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2018
nogara:
Congratulations in advance. Your grant will fall on you soon.

Amen
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 6:46am On Jun 13, 2018
foliat:
Just pray and trust God for positive response. You can check your visa status on Vevo. Who receives mail for your application you or your agent? If its you then check you mail very well and also spam mail. Good luck!!! I have been expecting my visa since January....not an easy wait but My hope and trust is in God. When did you apply and any contact from co?

i receive mail myself. My immiaccount stutus changed yesterday night.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 6:54am On Jun 13, 2018
foliat:

Have not seen any letter how do i check on VEVO? applied in April 2018. The CO did not contact me
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:44am On Jun 13, 2018
crucifixio80:

Have not seen any letter how do i check on VEVO? applied in April 2018. The CO did not contact me
Download the VEVO app

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2018
Download vevo from your app store. Its straight forward.

crucifixio80:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by slimvim: 9:26am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 9:31am On Jun 13, 2018
slimvim:

Relax , e go come
My heart sef dey skip asif Na my mail
Believe

No be me dey here again. Some people said after application finalized it might be up To 48hrs before you receive correspondence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 10:43am On Jun 13, 2018
crucifixio80:

No be me dey here again. Some people said after application finalized it might be up To 48hrs before you receive correspondence.
bro i feel ur anxiety from here. This is abt the most important mail in ones life. i wish u a positive outcome. God help us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.