Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1246617 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
lakola:
If they are confirming let them confirm please. Since April 25th. Let God favor us all. Amen!!!

Ur own don tey...did dey call ur sponsor ?? What school did u apply to
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
weldonextreme:

Don't give up bro. Did you apply from Nigeria or thru an agent in Australia?

I applied from Australia agent but he's a Nigerian but Australian citizen too
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
KVickky:
My dad got a call from the bank today! To confirm if he gave consent for his statement of account to be used by me for the Australian embassy also to confirm if he is my sponsor .. they are verifying all information guys.. make sure you are not using agents that use fake information or encourage you to use fake information.. im very sure they will go as far as verfying old visas and travel stamps lets be careful o..
Which bank?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Jiggsbaby:

Ur own don tey...did dey call ur sponsor ?? What school did u apply to
They didn't call my sponsor at all. I think I would have to call them. @Santity100 what do you think about calling them. Cos it's been long and they are at least working on May applicants app.
CSU is the school
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
@obalumhenry and @Jegz1 I know you both are April applicants, have you guys gotten an answer from DIBP?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jegz1: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
No response oo, applied April 15th the only thing I got was the additional information requested on the 26th of same month and till now still expecting
lakola:
@obalumhenry and @Jegz1 I know you both are April applicants, have you guys gotten an answer from DIBP?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
lakola:

They didn't call my sponsor at all. I think I would have to call them. @Santity100 what do you think about calling them. Cos it's been long and they are at least working on May applicants app.
CSU is the school

I don't see reason to call if your resumption is still July ending. They will get to you that's for sure.. Dem no forget una ... Lol

If your orientation is July 3rd, next week you can call them if nothing yet.

They take time and they verify documents a lot.

I will advice keep calm and wait, you don't want force them to just give you one GTE reason a d refuse your application ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
KVickky:
My dad got a call from the bank today! To confirm if he gave consent for his statement of account to be used by me for the Australian embassy also to confirm if he is my sponsor .. they are verifying all information guys.. make sure you are not using agents that use fake information or encourage you to use fake information.. im very sure they will go as far as verfying old visas and travel stamps lets be careful o..

You almost there. Just keep calm and relax.

How will someone have the guts to submit fake documents to Australia embassy, they check everything and scrutinise.

Atrocities being committed by Nigerians living in south Africa has really put us in bad image and no love lost between Nigerians and south Africans.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
weldonextreme:
No response from DIBP up till now. I applied since May8th, 2017. The wait is giving me sleepless night ooo. Orientation begins July 24th, 2017.

@JewelStone, Sanity100, lusen. Is this nornal? Any word from Aussie regarding this delay? Pls enlighten the house. Thanks
I haven't been following the visa application timeline but things have definitely changed from the time I applied. DIBP is taking a lot longer now to process visas due to the increase in the number of applications from Nigeria, and they're also running more checks to ascertain genuine students.

I know the wait is hard on the applicants, I understand. But if you put in a decent application and your docs are real, hang in there, your visa will come through. If your application is more than 4 weeks, I would recommend sending them a polite email asking for an update on your application, quoting your full name, DOB, passport number, application number and your orientation date. I did this when my application was 2 weeks old and they responded the next day.

Goodluck to all the visa applicants, this country is worth the wait!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
santity100:

I don't see reason to call if your resumption is still July ending. They will get to you that's for sure.. Dem no forget una ... Lol

If your orientation is July 3rd, next week you can call them if nothing yet.

They take time and they verify documents a lot.

I will advice keep calm and wait, you don't want force them to just give you one GTE reason a d refuse your application ooo

chairman thanks for the response. orientation starts on the 3rd while lectures starts on the 10th of July
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
JewelStone:

I haven't been following the visa application timeline but things have definitely changed from the time I applied. DIBP is taking a lot longer now to process visas due to the increase in the number of applications from Nigeria, and they're also running more checks to ascertain genuine students.

I know the wait is hard on the applicants, I understand. But if you put in a decent application and your docs are real, hang in there, your visa will come through. If your application is more than 4 weeks, I would recommend sending them a polite email asking for an update on your application, quoting your full name, DOB, passport number, application number and your orientation date. I did this when my application was 2 weeks old and they responded the next day.

Not so anymore with the mail thing. sent a mail and its four weeks now no reply. probably the work and apps are now too much
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mjlbabajide(m): 7:01am On Jun 20, 2017
Case officers are not South Africans, they are Australians.
hustla:

Nawa o
Australia wey person think say man fit enter lowkey without stress, Nigerians don wan spoil am like Canada and Yankee
Which way sef?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 6:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Everything on pause. Hmmm
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2017
Blazegab:
Everything on pause. Hmmm
Suspense and tension is too much
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hahahahahaha . . . Loolzz, @Cotty, i don laugh tire here. I hope the guy got the message ooo. Lmao

Cottyekundayo:

My friend, do the needful. I faced similar issue. Naija is naija. You can apply for a renewal and have someone send to you when it's out, or answer the call of Ebenezer I disobey,. No be me go tell you say teacher mama don die.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
This thread is just too quiet, what's happening guyz, any news from anybody as regards DIBP?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
Wish I knew why but it seems nobody as gotten any grant in recent times. Na so the rush plenty ni.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
Please guys I need someone to provide me with a sample of an employment reference letter please abeg
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
siidee:

I got the same email from him, even asked him if there is anything the university can do about the delayed visa issuance problem we all are having. He informed me that the Australian High commission in Pretoria do not allow Universities to interfere in anyway.

How did the Macquarie University pre-departure session go. I couldn't attend @baliqisb @siidee
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
weldonextreme:

How did the Macquarie University pre-departure session go. I couldn't attend @baliqisb @siidee

My wife said they basically just gave an orientation as concerning cost of living, how to get a job, common australian slangs and the like.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by binbieO3: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
JewelStone:

Hello,I have always been following your responses...good job you are doing. I want to know the prospect of masters in social work in Sydney as I am considering western Sydney university or Australian Catholic university
Also can one start the disability courses before getting to Australia or with the social work program I don't need to do it.will be awaiting your response
Please anyone that has Info's please help.Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2017
Australia really needs to consider having Embassies in countries where they are receiving high numbers of applications from. What I dont get is that theres an Australian High Commission at Abuja . . . Can't the High Commission issue visas? we won't have to face these delays if that was the case.

Blazegab:
Wish I knew why but it seems nobody as gotten any grant in recent times. Na so the rush plenty ni.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
Another week gone.. has anybody tried to send a mail or called
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jessicaeku: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
KVickky:
I called my agent (PFL) today since my application is 7 week already. She responded by saying they've observed the delay too, and that their GM has sent a mail to the Australia High commission in Abuja to ascertain the delay in visa Grant.

Has anyone been contacted lately by DIBP to provide additional documents?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
binbieO3:

Hello,I have always been following your responses...good job you are doing. I want to know the prospect of masters in social work in Sydney as I am considering western Sydney university or Australian Catholic university
Also can one start the disability courses before getting to Australia or with the social work program I don't need to do it.will be awaiting your response
Please anyone that has Info's please help.Thank you
I like this sort of questions; apt and sensible. Master of social work is an excellent course, and WSU is a better Uni than ACU. It's better to start the disability course when you get here and you still need it despite the social work program cos the disability jobs require Cert III & IV not degree. Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
jessicaeku:

I called my agent (PFL) today since my application is 7 week already. She responded by saying they've observed the delay too, and that their GM has sent a mail to the Australia High commission in Abuja to ascertain the delay in visa Grant.

Has anyone been contacted lately by DIBP to provide additional documents?

I applied since 19th may and my orientation began on the 23rd of June I have called them I don't know what to do again
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
True..... I've always thought about that.

bestdiddy:
Australia really needs to consider having Embassies in countries where they are receiving high numbers of applications from. What I dont get is that theres an Australian High Commission at Abuja . . . Can't the High Commission issue visas? we won't have to face these delays if that was the case.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboyi247(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
KVickky:

Yap, i was contacted last week for additional document which i have submitted to them and yesterday my agent called me they requested for statement of account and waec scratch card. mind you i applied to AL1 school.
really don't know the essence of the risk assessment level again.
my people, pls how much is the minimum amount required to present in this statement of a thing .this thing tire me ooooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
boboyi247:

Yap, i was contacted last week for additional document which i have submitted to them and yesterday my agent called me they requested for statement of account and waec scratch card. mind you i applied to AL1 school.
my people, pls how much is the minimum amount required to present in this statement of a thing .this thing tire me

Lol waec scratch card? Did you submit your waec result? They asked me for a "new clearer bank statement" this week(second time they have asked for additional info, ) they said that the old one wasnt readable even after verifying.. anways i Got a new one immediately and uploaded
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
boboyi247:

my people, pls how much is the minimum amount required to present in this statement of a thing .this thing tire me ooooo

Pls would like to know if it was Ur agent that told u not to add statement of account till they ask for it or u jst decided not to add it in the first place? Because frm other peoples experience, wether AL 1 or not, they will ask for statement.

As for the WAEC, I heard they are verifying almost everything and anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.