Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Joins Instagram, Pens Note On Her Project 'wear Nigerian' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Adichie Joins Instagram, Pens Note On Her Project 'wear Nigerian' (428 Views)

DJ XGee Seun Omogaji Commits Suicide After Leaving Note On Instagram / Olu Jacobs Joins Instagram At 75 / Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Joins Instagram, Pens Note On Her Project 'wear Nigerian' by JamieNaija(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2017
Feminist and Writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie revealed that she she has finally joined Instagram.

The account being managed by her two nieces is where she will be documenting her project. The Project is 'Wear Nigerian' on Instagram.

She took to her official Facebook page, the writer opened up about the journey so far in her "Wear Nigerian" project

Read what she wrote:

The Nigerian government's disastrous economic policies have led to a reduction in the value of the naira and therefore in disposable income, a change in values, a disorientation of the middle class, and most of all, to a debilitating sense of uncertainty.

If we are to grasp for a silver lining, then the 'Buy Nigerian to Grow The Naira' rhetoric is one.

In that spirit, I recently decided to wear mostly Nigerian brands for my public appearances. (Before, by the way, President Buhari declared ‘Made in Nigeria dress’ days.)

In the past few weeks, I’ve bought more Nigerian brands than I ever have in the past. I’ve discovered new names. I’ve been filled with admiration for the women and men running their businesses despite the many challenges they face. I'm particularly interested in 'inward-looking' brands, those for whom dressing Nigerian women is as important as other goals.

I’ve changed quite a few dodgy zippers, been disappointed by some poor quality fabrics, and been impressed by some detail-oriented finishing. Overall, I love the clothes, their cut, their whimsy, their color, their flair, their ability to make me feel like myself. Their makers, from designer to tailor to button-fixer to okada-delivery-person, deserve to be supported.

At the suggestion of my very au fait nieces Chisom and Amaka - who think Aunty is a hilarious luddite dinosaur (and they have a point, sadly) - I am now on Instagram at chimamanda_adichie documenting my 'Wear Nigerian' project.

SOURCE: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/05/chimamanda-adichie-joins-instagram-pens.html

Lalasticlala missyb3 fynestboi

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Joins Instagram, Pens Note On Her Project 'wear Nigerian' by GloriaNinja(f): 12:37pm On May 08, 2017
undecided I LIKE HER BOOKS BUT MAKE I FRY MEAT? THIS IS NOT NEWS-WORTHY.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Joins Instagram, Pens Note On Her Project 'wear Nigerian' by opeyemiieblog(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2017
so

(1) (Reply)

Couple Sells Daughter For N400,000 In Cross River | Photo / Wunmi Mosaku Wins Bafta Tv Award For Movie On Damilola Taylor’s Killing / Masterkraft Ft CDQ & Reekado Banks - Yapa [official Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.