Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,825 members, 7,831,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Was Humanity Ever United At One Point In Time? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was Humanity Ever United At One Point In Time? (378 Views)

Why Imagining Humanity Without Women Is Unimaginable / 11crazy Places Where You Need To Have S*x At Some Point In Your Life / Thanks for rendering me help in time of need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was Humanity Ever United At One Point In Time? by sapidsapiens: 8:54pm On May 08, 2017
Do you think there was ever a time when humanity was united? When the colour of our skin, race, tribe and all that didn’t matter? A time when all that mattered was the fact that “we are all humans.”

Imagine that for a second. A world where nothing like states, territories and all the boundaries didn’t exist. Imagine if we all had the same zeal to protect and help each other (strangers) like we have for “our people” (family, friends, and anyone you can familiarise with even at the smallest level.)

We really don’t care about all the things happening in the world until “it happens to us or we are affected by it one way or the other.” Isn’t that just sad? Especially when we open our eyes and see that we are all human beings before all else.

I haven’t told many people this, but last year, an uncle of mine – whom I never met, or at least don’t remember meeting – was killed by the Fulani herdsmen. Before then, I had browsed through many stories of the terror the herdsmen had wrought. Killing babies, women and anyone who dares stand in their way (knowingly or unknowingly). Although I felt the pain in my heart and said a silent prayer for their souls, I did nothing else apart from joining the masses to dump on the president (do we have one?), government, and anyone in the position of power who is/was meant to make sure none of these things ever happen(ed).

What could I have done differently, you ask?
Continue reading here: https://sapidsapiens.com/2017/05/04/the-existence-of-our-people-is-unity-in-humanity-a-myth/
Re: Was Humanity Ever United At One Point In Time? by IdeyFindWife: 9:24pm On May 08, 2017
Unfortunately, dis is NL, a kinda odd place to be asking that when most people are either busy bashing and "e-murdering" each other at the Politics section and every thread seems magically, to Have, that weird ability to quickly morph into tribal unending warscapes with no meaningful causes or clear conquests, only the hellishly soul-tiring "push pull" hue and cry, whining and wailing back&forths from ipob to ofonja to awusa on and on.

This is most fragmented place ever on the planet; a reflection of Nigeria's tortured dying soul and it's undeniable hopelessness!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Humanity Ever United At One Point In Time? by sapidsapiens: 8:05am On May 10, 2017
IdeyFindWife:
Unfortunately, dis is NL, a kinda odd place to be asking that when most people are either busy bashing and "e-murdering" each other at the Politics section and every thread seems magically, to Have, that weird ability to quickly morph into tribal unending warscapes with no meaningful causes or clear conquests, only the hellishly soul-tiring "push pull" hue and cry, whining and wailing back&forths from ipob to ofonja to awusa on and on.

This is most fragmented place ever on the planet; a reflection of Nigeria's tortured dying soul and it's undeniable hopelessness!

I totally agree with you. But I also believe we can change, with the right materials and platform. If we give up hope then we'll have nothing left

(1) (Reply)

Summer Dressing Tips For Ladies – Fashion And Beauty / A Boss Or A Husband? / For A Better Relationship With Your Partner, Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.