Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) (33414 Views)

Dibia Obinna: Kenya Deports Nigerian Man Over Drug, Human Trafficking (Photo) / Chukwuemeka Ekwonna Bags 14 Years In Jail For Sex Trafficking (photo) / Nigerian, Malawian Girlfriends Arrested For Drug Trafficking (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by fortunarld: 11:45am On May 09, 2017
Photo: 35-year-old Nigerian man jailed for life in Cambodia for drug trafficking

A Cambodian court on Tuesday, May 8, convicted a Nigerian and Romania of cross-border drug smuggling, and sentenced both of them to life in prison.

Romanian man Adrian-Calin Varadi, 40, was caught on Aug. 14, 2016 when he arrived at the Phnom Penh International Airport from Brazil with 4.96 kg of cocaine hidden in his luggage.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-O14OBZvQfh8/WRGT94PXRJI/AAAAAAAMWsA/mIPS_qWlIwstsH4eIyxHxgs0xNiUjOi8gCLcB/s1600/bn.jpg[/img]
Nigerian man Chukwuemeka Ibe, 35, was arrested later that day when he waited at his hotel room to receive the drugs to take them to neighboring Thailand.

The duo are charged with "illegally transporting the drugs" under the country's Drug Law, said a verdict read by Phnom Penh Municipal Court's Presiding Judge Im Vannak.

"The court decides to sentence each of them to life in prison and to fine them 40 million riel (10,000 U.S. dollars) each," the verdict said.

During a trial last month, Varadi confessed to the crime, but Ibe denied the charge, claiming that he did not know the package he supposed to receive was carrying drug.
Under the Cambodian law, the convicts have one month to appeal against the ruling.

http://tweemk..com/2017/05/photo-35-year-old-nigerian-man-jailed.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2017
Checked, doing what is in the blood.

How come the head is normal?

Getting Ibe to plead guilty is more difficult than this

64 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 09, 2017

Nigerian man Chukwuemeka Ibe, 35, was arrested later that day when he waited at his hotel room to receive the drugs to take them to neighboring Thailand.

Just came to check names. NCAN food is ready.

Incoming French President is just 39 years of age.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by DONGOYARO1: 12:31pm On May 09, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44 this deserves FP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by matamaros: 12:40pm On May 09, 2017
IT DESERVES FRONT PAGE. WHAT ARE THE MODS WAITING FOR.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2017
This demon got what he deserved for A) trafficking death and B) doing so in a country that carry the death penalty for such crime.

May he rot in hell!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by Zaitoon: 12:51pm On May 09, 2017
Eeya innocent man trying to develop Cambodia cry cry

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by Mcowubaba: 12:51pm On May 09, 2017
All this Tribal wars we keep fighting, that's what makes us weaker.
Yesterday it was labeled Edo Prostitute, some days ago it was Yoruba ritualist, today is Igbo drug dealer.

The elites in this Country survive and thrive based on the religious and tribal sentiments in the Country.

We will be shouting IPOB vs AFONJA, while a Politician in Enugu is planning on how to embezzle money with the help of a fellow Politician in Gombe and Osun state.

It's really a pity, why I have never complained of Racism is based on the fact that my own Country is very tribal and bigoted.
Why will I be offended if a Ukrainian man calls me Monkey angry when my fellow Countrymen call me worst names

Funny enough, most Nigerian immigrants are usually very united, I remember those days, we always gat each others back, watching out for your BROTHERS (fellow Nigerian), giving them info on new immigration laws, jobs and opportunities etc
Now,
It's really very shameful and sadistic, what Nigeria has turned out to be, an average Igbo person on Nairaland is cautious of a Yoruba person and vice versa.

Initially I thought tribal bigots were all Uneducated or illiterates, but I was very wrong, we have very educated and rich bigots in Nigeria.

The hostility is so repulsive.
No Nigerian living in Diaspora should complain about Racism, we don't have the moral standing as a Country.

The current President of Nigeria, fueled the Tribal and Ethnic Tension to an extreme level, I hate BUHARI, I won't lie about that, I don't wish him well. He is a deranged old fool, I don't hate or detest any Politician like I hate that Daura piglet

This is not tribal, I love people from his tribe, but Buhari himself is a definition of stupidity.
How can a President be this Useless, it's unacceptable

83 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by LionDeLeo: 12:52pm On May 09, 2017
Jetleeee:
Do you like the idea of developing your city or your country but you don't know where to start?

Then try Abiama development sevice

Abiama development service is a Nigeria-based exporter of development products. Established in 2000 by a young Nigerian developer, Chukwuemeka Ibe

Our products can be found in Asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, China, South Africa and India.

You no well.

grin grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by sukkot: 12:52pm On May 09, 2017
wink
Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by timilehin007(m): 12:52pm On May 09, 2017
Ibe listen to me carefully ehnn you have nothing to worry about.. This is a movement from us we have developed Yemen, Philippines, Vietnam and now we don't want Cambodia to be left out... with the last drop of our blood we must not stop till we make sure we develop the whole world even if it cost our lives. We are ipod and this is how we roll...

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by GeneralOjukwu: 12:52pm On May 09, 2017
Permanent stay in Cambodia for a Developer...

By the way...the attached picture is the BEST ever comment on Nairaland.... MasterChen, you nailed it. Been laughing since then grin

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by Fabulosdave01: 12:53pm On May 09, 2017
I'm sorry but Igbo people need to talk to theirselves and sort this out. Even my fellow Africans at my school here know about Igbo people and drugs.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 09, 2017
Oh Lawd! Na dem again cry cry I blame Lugard

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by SalamRushdie: 12:55pm On May 09, 2017
NCAN ilÉ™ Ife branch would like this news

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by burkingx(f): 12:55pm On May 09, 2017
grin grin angry

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man To Be Jailed For Life In Cambodia For Drug Trafficking (Photo) by Victornezzar: 12:55pm On May 09, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Killed My Father Because Of My 70 Thousand Naira With Him, Suspect Confesses / Federal Sars Nabs 2 Notorious Robbery Suspects In Lagos (pics) / Twins, Others Arrested For Stealing Rice, Beans In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.