Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,447 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Diary Of An Anxiety Suferer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Anxiety Suferer (351 Views)

Paradox Of Anxiety / The Anxiety Of Turning 30! Is It Just Me? / My Anxiety Is About To Ruin My Relationship – Kate (image) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of An Anxiety Suferer by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 09, 2017
There are lots of people out there who suffer from anxiety, me being one of those people. For some it's pretty mild and those people are still able to live their lives unchanged, but for others (like myself) it can be a crippling nuisance. On that subject, I thought it would be an interesting idea to write about my experiences with anxiety and how I cope with these struggles. I chose to write about my struggles for a couple of reasons... 1. To share the problems that I deal with so other anxiety sufferers can read about how anxiety affects me and maybe not feel so alone with their problems, like somebody else understands their struggles. Also, maybe they can possibly learn about new coping mechanisms for anxiety that they can use to help them. 2. To educate people who don't suffer from anxiety about the issues that a person who has this mental illness has to deal with every day. Some people fail to realize how much of an impact anxiety can have on a person, physically and mentally, and would never really understand anxiety disorder unless they had it. They believe that the solution is to "just not worry about it" or that the person is just using it as an excuse to be lazy, procrastinate or get attention. I'm hoping that by writing about the struggles of anxiety some people will learn what anxiety is truly like and that it isn't just something that you can "get over". Remember, you should never shame others or be ashamed for having anxiety or any mental illness! It may be a part of you, but that doesn't mean that it defines you. Furthermore, if you're dealing with anxiety and have any questions or need advice, just message me and I'll be more than happy to try and help! Just remember, that no matter how bad things seem right now, it will ALWAYS get better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Fell For The Brute / First Time Author Hillary Nwoziri Publishes His Book Online With Us / I Am Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.