Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises (1282 Views)

States/capital With Best power supply In Nigeria / Customers To Enjoy More Power Supply As IE Upgrades Ogudu Injection Substation / Still On The 2015 APC Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2017
So lately, we have been hearing some positive news, especially most recently when some of the Chibok girls were released.
But what I’ll like to talk about is the rate at which the power supply in the country has ‘increased’.
The power supply in Nigeria has suffered badly in the first quarter of 2017 if compared to the first quarter of the previous year. According to a power poll by NOIPolls for the first quarter of 2017. The results of the poll revealed a decline in the state of power supply to Nigerian households to 30 percent in Q1, 2017 from the 37 percent obtained in Q4, 2016.

Also it was revealed that the lowest power supply to households in Q1, 2017 was observed in the month of January 2017 at 21 percent. The power supply drop was attributed to the shortage of gas to the power generating companies and low water levels at the hydro power stations.
The power supply however rose in February 2017, there was a surge in the power supply as it rose to 35 percent. The increase was attributed to the increased amount of power supplied to the power generating companies.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5288056_powersupply1_jpege8aa2b2a4d476d87a2ab098fa953d505

Meanwhile, on April 21, 2017, President Muhammadu Buhari nominated Prof James Momoh for the position of Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), and his name was forwarded to the Senate for confirmation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5288057_powersupply2_jpeg712a808396e7e29c2b1380062192b6dd

The power issue in the country is no joke though, some will argue it has improved and they get ‘light’ regularly, I can’t relate, it’s so bad I used a phone (Motorola Droid Razr M) with 2000mAh, which is a nice phone but the battery was always running down, I had to get a Tecno L9 Plus with 5000mAh, even lasts longer than my Laptop which I thought I needed so badly in my life but thanks to my phone I’m not all that worried about the power supply problems.

What do Nigerians think about the power state of the country though? Has it really improved? Light dey una side?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5288058_powersupply3_jpegcea242ac93482eaf4b5cbe7205ef9504

Read more: https://www.naij.com/1101354-how-power-supply-increased-nigeria-january-2017.html
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by ChikezieU(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2017
really...
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Nobody: 11:47am On May 10, 2017
Ayam coming. And they just took the light undecided
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by dejiWEST: 11:48am On May 10, 2017
Which yeye light? abeg abeg abeg, these are just figures, Light no dey my side, I might need to get a phone like yours for that long life battery fam.
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Dandsome: 11:59am On May 10, 2017
This kind of thread should be in the politics section and not general section.
Lalasticlala, mynd44 etc wetin de happen na. Please move to the right section
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by DavidoArsenal(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2017
Same Nigeria? I don't agree at all oh. Are you not seeing the way people are desperate to get phones that last long?

Abi Seun & Lalasticlala has power supply increased?
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2017
Lmao, just pray your gadgets were fully charged

funmyade:
Ayam coming. And they just took the light undecided
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 10, 2017
Hmm, power supply?! That's a scarce commodity now o
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 12:04pm On May 10, 2017
Lol calm down oh, as I saw it, I said let me share. The light situation is annoying, Nepa fit just no bring light for days, then flash am so you go know say e no spoil oh, na just wickedness. Before I got my phone I was suffering embarassed embarassed

dejiWEST:
Which yeye light? abeg abeg abeg, these are just figures, Light no dey my side, I might need to get a phone like yours for that long life battery fam.
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2017
I believe if we were in a country that had constant power supply, a lot of things would gel for us, they need to fix power in this country and a lot of things will begin to fall in place.

DavidoArsenal:
Same Nigeria? I don't agree at all oh. Are you not seeing the way people are desperate to get phones that last long?

Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by dejiWEST: 12:19pm On May 10, 2017
Like!!!!! Nigerians now expect phones to have batteries that can last them for days cause Nepa le take light any focken time grin grin grin

anything less than 3000mAH, you go suffer. I go like buy the L9 +

DavidoArsenal:

Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by dejiWEST: 12:21pm On May 10, 2017
Isnor by charge sir, if fully charged, won't it die? One just has to go for what will last longer, be it a phone (like you did), or better laptop, or power banksss cause don't be deceived, Naija la wa embarassed embarassed
paolokonqueror:

Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by DavidoArsenal(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if the government doesn't know or it's out of their control.

Because it's common sense really

paolokonqueror:
I believe if we were in a country that had constant power supply, a lot of things would gel for us, they need to fix power in this country and a lot of things will begin to fall in place.

Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Techm8: 12:29pm On May 10, 2017
Improved me?
You have a 5000mah battery phone good for you. At this rate it won't be long before any Smartphone below 4000mah battery becomes one.

We rarely dey get light...2 days off 6hrs on. I bought a power Bank, it wasn't enough so i had to buy a 2nd power Bank to charge the first powerbank grin
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2017
Lol you realize you're talking about Nigerian politicians right? People that care about themselves only, I used to think they cared about themselves first then the people but nahhhh, it's themselves only.
DavidoArsenal:

Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Techm8: 12:33pm On May 10, 2017
DavidoArsenal:

It's​ clear there are cabals behind this. 2017 and we're no closer to having a steady power supply in Nigeria. It's a shame really.
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Behankey(m): 11:56am On May 14, 2017
Op, Light don improve for my side o. I no even dey lament about light again. More reason why I don't struggle to charge unlike before. Thank God say ur L9+ na mini power bank sha
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by scarycuteface(m): 1:27pm On May 14, 2017
You can move to my area if u want. Light here is great. It has really improved. You're lucky you even have a phone that hardly dies. That's less stress.
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Nobody: 8:38am On May 25, 2017
paolokonqueror:

I need to get me the much talked about Tecno L9+ too
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 9:29am On May 27, 2017
Bruhhhhh unless if you guys get light a lot, few days rain was about to fall and they took light, I'm like are we still in this stage? Thank God for the L9 Plus, really goes a long way (literally grin )
funmyade:

I need to get me the much talked about Tecno L9+ too
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 9:30am On May 27, 2017
Lol where be your area? because as much as my L9 + no dey die, my lappy dey always die and I need to dey charge am
scarycuteface:
You can move to my area if u want. Light here is great. It has really improved. You're lucky you even have a phone that hardly dies. That's less stress.
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 9:31am On May 27, 2017
Lol where na? Bros my phone no dey die, what of my lappy? My phone dey only charge other phones, e no fit charge laptop embarassed
Behankey:
Op, Light don improve for my side o. I no even dey lament about light again. More reason why I don't struggle to charge unlike before. Thank God say ur L9+ na mini power bank sha

1 Like

Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Behankey(m): 6:55pm On May 29, 2017
paolokonqueror:
Lol where na? Bros my phone no dey die, what of my lappy? My phone dey only charge other phones, e no fit charge laptop embarassed
Lmao. You can't have it all. Having a power bank phone is enough for you in this economy. How many people fit boast of that kind battery king like L9+. How much is it sef?
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by chikago1: 5:19am On May 30, 2017
Nigerians make una no worry. Simply re-elect APC come 2019 and you fit get 24/7 light straight from heaven.
ABOKI OUT.
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by paolokonqueror(m): 11:26am On May 30, 2017
Lol I agree sha, I think it's about 55k now
Behankey:
Lmao. You can't have it all. Having a power bank phone is enough for you in this economy. How many people fit boast of that kind battery king like L9+. How much is it sef?
Re: APC Fulfill Power Supply Campaign Promises by Behankey(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2017
paolokonqueror:
Lol I agree sha, I think it's about 55k now
Yeah, just confirmed. Been playing with it all day. A colleague of mine just got it today. It's actually nice

(1) (Reply)

Quality Classical Leather Shoes And Palm / Celebrating My Birthday / BREAKING: GYSAPEO Launches Grassroots Development 0% Loan Scheme In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.