Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver (1401 Views)

Price Of Sewing Machine / Butterfly Sewing Machine For Sale!!! / Second Hand Sewing Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 3:40pm On May 10, 2017
Hello experienced tailors and sewing machine engineers. I was sewing as usual this afternoon when my singer chic electric machine stopped working. I noticed that at a point, the machine was running all by itself when my leg was off the pedal. It was like it was racing unassisted so I turned it off. After I turned it on again, it just didn't respond.

I have tried removing the plug and putting it back on.
I have tried cleaning lints off it.
I haven't tried oiling as I do not have access to machine oil right now, although I have coconut oil(will that work?)

What could be the issue pls? What do I need to do? Is there any sewing machine engineering workshop around Gbagada? Does anyone have a good electric sewing machine for sale( second hand inexpensive pls)

Thanks.

Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 4:23pm On May 10, 2017
Biko help o... Its not working.
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 5:39pm On May 10, 2017
Omg! People of God say something. I just tried again...nothing. Whew!
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by dydx89(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2017
sisisioge:
Hello experienced tailors and sewing machine engineers. I was sewing as usual this afternoon when my singer chic electric machine stopped working. I noticed that at a point, the machine was running all by itself when my leg was off the pedal. It was like it was racing unassisted so I turned it off. After I turned it on again, it just didn't respond.

I have tried removing the plug and putting it back on.
I have tried cleaning lints off it.
I haven't tried oiling as I do not have access to machine oil right now, although I have coconut oil(will that work?)

What could be the issue pls? What do I need to do? Is there any sewing machine engineering workshop around Gbagada? Does anyone have a good electric sewing machine for sale( second hand inexpensive pls)

Thanks.

the problem is not the machine but the pedal. if you can get another pedal, I think your machine Will be back to normal.
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 7:27pm On May 10, 2017
dydx89:

the problem is not the machine but the pedal. if you can get another pedal, I think your machine Will be back to normal.

Wow! Thanks for this. Will look for a pedal to try with it. I pray that's all the problem it has o. Many thanks.
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:18am On May 15, 2017
Next time try google. You'll get a more accurate and faster response there

1 Like

Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 7:01am On May 15, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Next time try google. You'll get a more accurate and faster response there

I did, thanks. That was where I got the suggestions to rewound the thread, turn off and on, oil...etc. I guess I didn't use the correct keywords. Thanks again.
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:09am On May 15, 2017
sisisioge:

I did, thanks. That was where I got the suggestions to rewound the thread, turn off and on, oil...etc. I guess I didn't use the correct keywords. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Check your inbox pm'd you
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 9:06am On May 15, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You're welcome. Check your inbox pm'd you

Don't have access to PMs...sorry.
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by MrPresident1: 4:50pm On May 15, 2017
My sister have you checked the spark plug of your machine? undecided grin
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 5:18pm On May 15, 2017
MrPresident1:
My sister have you checked the spark plug of your machine? undecided grin

Spark plug? The machine itself doesn't have a direct input to electricity. The power is rested mainly on the pedal which is the only connection to electricity. I.e, the only wire that enters anything is the pedal wire. Thanks for your input Pastor... May God flourish His people grin
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by MrPresident1: 6:14pm On May 15, 2017
sisisioge:

Spark plug? The machine itself doesn't have a direct input to electricity. The power is rested mainly on the pedal which is the only connection to electricity. I.e, the only wire that enters anything is the pedal wire. Thanks for your input Pastor... May God flourish His people grin

Maybe the pedal wire don cut inside...
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 6:16pm On May 15, 2017
MrPresident1:

Maybe the pedal wire don cut inside...

Maybe, gonna change the pedal soon. Thanks.
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2017
sisisioge:

Don't have access to PMs...sorry.

And why is that ?
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 6:36am On May 16, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

And why is that ?

Lost my email password... Not really hot to get it back though.
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:08am On May 16, 2017
sisisioge:

Lost my email password... Not really hot to get it back though.

Life without email! How is that possible? How do you manage without spam ? tongue
Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by Coldplay007(f): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2017
Walk into any tailoring shop and ask them to give you the contacts of the person that services their machines..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Sewing Machine Palaver by sisisioge: 8:25am On Jun 05, 2017
Thanks babes. I got somewhere in Oshodi...guy said the pedal can be repaired.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Young Model Of The Year Award Gears Up. / What Business Can I Start With 50000 / Pls, Has Anyone Ever Used The Local Black Soap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.