Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? (753 Views)

Dayo Adewole Kidnapped At Gunpoint On His Farm In Iroko, Oyo State / Nana Firdausi Ahmad Of FUDMA Kidnapped At Her Father’s Residence In Katsina / Girl Who Was Kidnapped At A Party In Port-Harcourt, Found After 4 Years. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by Hopez456(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2017
After a hectic journey all the way from Ibadan to the Mile 2 park of the inter-state buses, I crossed to the other side of the road so as to board a bus going the Badagry route. I was on the rail track, not long, a middle aged man walked up to me pleading that I describe to him how he's to get to Unity Plaza that he's a foreigner from Benin Republic, He told me that he asked others and that were unwilling to help him because he could not speak the Yoruba Language.

On hearing that, I felt pity for him, my altruistic self was eager to help him although I also did not know where the Unity Plaza is. I thought I could help him locate someone else who might know the place, luckily another man was passing by, we stopped him, asked him if he knew the location my foreigner friend is looking for. He felt reluctant saying "this is Mile 2 nobody go help u na mio gbo mio gbo 'I don't understand 'dem go dey talk).
:
The guy was about to describe the place then my foreigner friend began to mention that he works on a ship, that he has iPhones, Laptops and other electronic stuff he wants to sell that we might be of help because had foreign currencies with him so he wouldn't want to be cheated. The other guy suggested to me that we take to Alaba Int'l Market and from there we would also get our own share. He tried to convince me that it would be a good deal for the two of us since the foreigner is a JJC.

It sounded as a good idea to me but immediately I felt uneasy and uncomfortable with his suggestion, I felt something must be fishy as it was more of collusion by the foreigner and the guy. Reason being that the acclaimed foreigner does not look like one, because I have once lived in Benin Republic hence I to some extent know their mannerism but that of my foreigner was more of a Nigerian.
I immediately decided to walk away without looking back and at the same time holding tight to my wallet and bag.

While in the vehicle to Badagry, I was pondering on what could have happened had I consented that we go to Alaba International market, would i have been scammed or kidnapped?
Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by Justuceleague2: 5:47pm On May 10, 2017
God save you

Either they take you to a corner at gun point collect cash and force you to use pos with your atm

Or they move you somewhere and ask relatives to pay for your release
Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by amuijiji: 5:51pm On May 10, 2017
U would ve been hypnotized, robbed nd asked to go home nd get any available money or valuables..

U re lucky thou still a JJC cous that trick started in the 90's/2K when I was still in college nd I coded immediately he Said he was a foreigner.

1 Like

Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by Hopez456(m): 6:01pm On May 10, 2017
Justuceleague2:
God save you

Either they take you to a corner at gun point collect cash and force you to use pos with your atm

Or they move you somewhere and ask relatives to pay for your release
Wow, Thanks to God o, cos I had enough money on me.
Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by Hopez456(m): 6:04pm On May 10, 2017
amuijiji:
U would ve been hypnotized, robbed nd asked to go home nd get any available money or valuables..

U re lucky thou still a JJC cous that trick started in the 90's/2K when I was still in college nd I coded immediately he Said he was a foreigner.
So it's been this old. this is my first encounter with them o. Little wonder some people form deaf and dumb when asking them to show u directions.
Naw wao
Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by Caustics: 6:07pm On May 10, 2017
If you dont know this trick by now. Its you that is the JJC not the so called foreigner. They always come in pairs. The foreigner with goods to sell and his accomplice that claims to Be passing by And encounters you guys
Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by freesinzu(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2017
What kind of dumb ass swindlers do we have in Nigeria, they can't even change tactics, SMH!!!
Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by Ehinmola(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2017
Old tricks of yesteryears. Lucky u
Re: Would I Have Been Scammed Or Kidnapped At Mile2 Lagos? by Hopez456(m): 6:16pm On May 10, 2017
Caustics:
If you dont know this trick by now. Its you that is the JJC not the so called foreigner. They always come in pairs. The foreigner with goods to sell and his accomplice that claims to Be passing by And encounters you guys
Other forms of scams I have experienced but this I haven't. We learn everyday.

(1) (Reply)

Naval Officer, Who Was Raped By A Senior Colleague, Commits Suicide / See What A Foreign Blog Posted About A Nigerian On Facebook / Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.