Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria (504 Views)

15 Ways The New Finance Bill Will Change Nigeria / In Search Of Crowdfunding In Nigeria / Can these Ideas Change Nigeria? [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria by Sebastine1994(m): 11:30am On May 11, 2017
God has blessed us with idea's but lack of capital is the problem. Most of us have to sell our properties to raise capital, family and friends dont believe in your idea. Worst is that the bank won't give you loan. BUT there is a solution for that. I will explain below.
Re: Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria by Sebastine1994(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2017
Crowdfunding is a platform that allow large number of people to pool small amount of equities
Re: Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria by Sebastine1994(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2017
When we think of Crowdfunding, we usually think of it happening only on the internet. Like kick-starter, indigogo. BUT I want you to think of Crowdfunding without the internet yet. We have a population of 170 million people in nigeria. Imagine that one million people contribute 100 each. Calculate it.
Re: Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria by Sebastine1994(m): 11:48am On May 11, 2017
That is why I am starting my one million man project. I want to sign up a million nigerians within a period of 3 months without internet. I mean Physically. One street at a time. One state at a time. We would achieve it. It is a mission for me. I have already started printing forms. I want to start with my current location which is Dekina in Kogi.
There are 21 local government in Kogi. I will start from street to street. I have printed stickers for the project. For every street I come to I will look for influential people. Explain my VISION to them. Of course they would be my spokesman for that street. He would know how to talk to people within his street. Sure once we succeed there will be a reward.
Re: Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria by Sebastine1994(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2017
This is something that is achievable. We dont have to wait for the government to come and rescue us. The government knows that Crowdfunding has benefit that is why it is bringing us legislation kicking against it. Every week we would raise millions of nigerians out of poverty. 100 Naira is a small amount but when combined together we can do a lot.
Re: Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria by Sebastine1994(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2017
Crowdfunding will displace bank loan. We would change the world with Crowdfunding. Get the necessary support before setting up an internet Crowdfunding site. We just love to copy everything from the white. We want to do Crowdfunding through the internet but how will you collect fund. We dont have a good online payment platform. The current Crowdfunding sites have lots of problem. Copyright infringement is a problem too. The process is too slow.
We have to tailor Crowdfunding to our own nigerian way. Once you can get your million people then you can get even more people. I keep imagining the end result.
There will be so many business owners and shareholders. Rapid development.

1 Like

Re: Crowdfunding Will Change Nigeria by Sebastine1994(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2017
If I wanted I can try the mini version of this in my university. There are about 30000 people in my school. What if they pay 100 then we can start up business for so many students.
All I have to do is in faculty by faculty registering students. Meet each course rep and explain to him the mission. Once they have your trust. There is no going back.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Keystone Bank Revamps Branches / 5 Secrets Your Millionaire Next Door Isn’t Telling You / Do You Have Issues With Your Solar/inverter System? Let's find A Solution Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.